Graphics Cards related queries here.

sabret00the

Youngling
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ ancientrites : I'am Trying to build:

Intel C2D E6600 (waiting for prices to come down from Rs.15500/-)

Asus P5W DH Deluxe (waiting for prices to come down from Rs.14500/-)

Nvidia GeForce 7900GS (waiting to get more info on DX 10 cards)

2 x 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz (waiting for prices to come down from Rs.25000/-)

Zebronics Antibiotic (already have this one)

Zeb Platinum 500W PSU (already have this one)

Now u may add to ur list soundblaster audiogy4 sound card but I dont think that is necessary given the above mobo supports 7.1 channel sound.Wats ur budget if u dont mind?

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur

[help a n00b... lol]

Consider me a Graphics Card n00b...

System is little old now... any ways
Here's my config, currently on Intel 845 on board graphics (sucks!)... please suggest me a decent nVIDIA/ATI card...

Remember I need an AGP card... as my mobo don't have a PCIe slot... :(

Computer: Pentium 4 @ 1.9GHZ; 2GB DDR RAM @ 266MHz
LCD : 19" WideScreen

This system is mostly used for GFX stuff... I don't game much on this PC... but now feeling like!...
So please suggest me which one to buy... my budget is around 5K-10K....

Thanks.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

Do u have a 4x slot or a 8x....anyways 8x r backwards compatible....get a 7600GS for 8k-9k.....should be the best AGP card...now..

ancientrites

In the zone

sabret00the,that was awsome list,but u didnt understand my earlier post.i m still drawn on confusion whether to buy xfx or asus i gb graphic card?i have read the reviews but both are pretty close each other.the only thing is xfx has launched 3 models of 1gb graphic card.since we have same psu i would like to ask ya whether it makes noise and mine does its really irritating sometimes.

ShekharPalash : why dont u hunt down for sapphire graphic cards.they are venomous when it comes to performance.one of my friend uses this. not sure whether 4x/8x.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

^^
XFX is better than ASUS......also don't go by the memory go by the benchies! ;)

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz

I want some info on graphics card, I hope someone will help.....
Heres my PC config::::::(I know its the suckest of all config...)
P4 1.6Ghz, 256 MB SD RAM@133MHz, intel i845-ITE8712 chipset. I am currently using SiS 300 series graphics card with 32 MB memory (I know you will laugh on me!!) and its unable to play most of the games, as u may be knowing.
Now can anyone tell me if this chipset supports onboard graphics?? Also it has 2x (again laughable!!) AGP slot and no PCIE slot.
SO now what should i do? should i change the motherboard? or are there any graphics cards, that can play most of the current games, and that also support this darn rig??
Thanx!

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

get a 6200 or a 5200....I think 5200 is available in 2X ...not too sure about 6200....

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Which 7600GT?

I have compaq presario 1931IL branded PC with compaq MV7540 monitor.

Specs
Pentium d820 (2.8ghz dual cores with 1mb l2 cache per core with em64t Xbit)
1gb ram 2*512mb ram.
160gb sata seagate 7200rpm
compaq motherboard based on ATI xpress200 chiptset with PCI-E16x slot free and on board realtek 7.1 HD audio.

I want to buy 7600GT 256mb ddr3.
Three are available in hyderabad - BIG , XFX and Zebronics.

1. Which has the best performance.
The costs I got are
BIG - 9575 inr
XFX - 11000 inr
zebronics - 9500 inr

2. I heard zebronics is palit. Is this true? Zebronics site doesnt list 7600gt under their products and the pic in digit magazine for zebronics matches with the custom pcb of sonic version 7600gt of palit for which we can do volt modding.

3. I have checked XFX benchmarks in various 7600GT roundups and xfx doent seem to beat the average although it overclocks better than other cards. Why is XFX so overpriced.

4. Is palit or forsa available in hyderabad?

Off topic
1. ow do I find out my RAM type for ex ddr 2 400mhz or ddr2 667mhz? I tried 3dmark 06 trial provided by digit but it cudnt detect. My ram is being shared by onboard ati x300 (xpress200)?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

1. XFX has the best performance but it's also the most expensive.

2. Dunno.

3. XFX beats the BIG and Zebronics cards but others like Leadtek, Gainward, Asus are more than a match for it.

Use Everest to find out your RAM type.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

No, I don't think so atleast. The problem was mostly with pre overclocked cards. Anyway even if you get a one which has a problem, RMA is still there. And in case you get from abroad, look no further than a 1900xt/xtx.

Normally for real world benchies almost all cards in almost all benchies will perform almost equal at same frequencies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

Legally, Yes. But practically in India atleast, usually you are able to get warranty, if it is your dealer then he may give you warranty whether oced or not becoz he doesn't pay from his pocket, a shop keeper might not if you tell him about it and if you tell an importer etc anything about such a thing, then you will surely loose warranty.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME

Please tell me the cost of nvidia 7300gt 512mb graphics card and nvidia 6200 256 mb card and which brand.......

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

@ancient, 33000 and above
rather get a 1900xt and upgrade to R600 4 months down the line. 1900xt has better image quality and supports AA + HDR as well.

anandrules

Broken In

i used to have an onboard card till now and i just bought a new ATI x800 XL AGP card . But i cant figure out how to go about installing it. I tried these steps:
1.Uninstalled intel extreme graphics drivers
2.Shut down comp, put card in AGP slot firmly.
3.Hook up monitor to the card and try to start , but i do not get any display on the monitor . It remains black even though i can hear the beep sound and see the harddisk red light glowing.
Please help me fix this problem coz i really want to play sm decent games.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

go to the BIOS and change ''Primary graphics Adapter'' to AGP ....it should boot! ;)

anandrules

Broken In

samrulez said:
go to the BIOS and change ''Primary graphics Adapter'' to AGP ....it should boot! ;)
dude i checked it out in the bios and even now its set on 'AGP' even though i am using onboard so dunno bout that

Top Bottom