Graphics Cards related queries here.

Samee

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

i think i found out where the bottleneck is!

This is the riva tuner screenshot.
*img75.imageshack.us/img75/2266/rivatunernl6.th.jpg

it says 64 bit for the memory bus. I have asked on guru3d.com forums and they say they have never seen a Nvidia 6600 with 64 bit memory bus( it must be atleast 128 bit) and the 64 bit is choking my system.:(

But the product page of my graphics card says it's 128 bit.
see here: *www.big-tek.com/geforce6600PCIlp128.htm

look at the bottom of that page Big Tek has given the specs.

Riva Tuner can't lie as well!
So there can be only two possibilities.
1. There is someway to make the memory bus 128 bit.
2. The card is faulty.

What am i supposed to do?

goldenninga

Right off the assembly line

hi guys i am new to this forum

keep it up the good work guys

Right now i need some help can some one tell me where i can find a dealer in chennai for Zalman or Logysis cooler for 6600GT 128MB pci-e version card, i dont know where i can get one

as my card idles at 45c and at load i didn't see it running morethan 73c

please help me, thx
:)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@Samee
There is no way a 128 bit mem is running on 64bit...not in this world at least..Either the riva tuner is crappy or u card is a 64 bit one. Try everest and sisoft sandra nd see the specs of ur card.

@goldenninga
The temps u ve mentioned is perfectly healthy nd no need for ny spcl cooler. Have heard that some 6600GT hits almost 95c at load after oc. So 73c is really safe nd there is good room for oc as far as temp is concerned.
Invest that money nd upgrade ur card to some 7600GT or x1800GTO.

Samee

Broken In

yeah,thinking the same (that my car dis 64 bit one)!
The specs page says 128 bit, i have 64 bit. I'll sell this card to someone and get another card. Will definately not get something from BIG (Big Byte Corporation).

A lesson learned the hard way. Brand does matter, no wonder people spill out extra money for something like Gainward, MSI etc etc.
Anyways, thanks everyone for the help, really appreciate it! :)

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Either the riva tuner is crappy or u card is a 64 bit one.

Quite a bold statement .. if ur familiar with Rivatuner i think this would be pretty hard to say ... Rivatuner is smart enough to detect card properly .. and if doesn't then ur presented with false info for just the gpu id ...

Also .. no wonder BIG cards are so cheap ... so u just learnt a lesson the hard way ...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

deathvirus_me said:
if ur familiar with Rivatuner i think this would be pretty hard to say ... Rivatuner is smart enough to detect card properly .. and if doesn't then ur presented with false info for just the gpu id ...

agree with the statement..so the only chance is the card being a 64bit one..
nd wondering how easily BIG is ablr to fool the customers.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Good Graphics Card for around Rs 2000

Hi all
I m currently planning to build system with following config

1. CPU: Intel core 2 Duo E6600
2. Motherboard: Asus P5B
3. RAM: 512 MB DDR 2 533 Mhz
4. HDD: 250 GB Seagate SATA II
5. ODD: Lite-on SHM-165H6S
6. Cabinet: Asus VENTO 7700
7. PSU: Zebronics 500 W

I will purchase a good graphics card next year after Windows Vista will be available.But as of now i just want a basic graphics card for display which can also play games. Can you plz suggest me some good card for around 3000/- . What about XFX GeForce 6200 TC ????????

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

Why goin for such a high end proc??nd only 512 MB?
Nd why spend so much on cab?
U can probably go for an E6400 along with 1GB or even 2GB mem.
Today one should get at least a 7300GS for 3.5k if he wanna play any game at low~med settings@800*600.
6200TC can't survive with todays games even al lowest setings.

Again I say...512 would make ur system crawl even with that high end proc.
E6400 nd 2GB would make hell of a difference. Go for some lil bit cheaper cab nd get the 7300GT or a 7600GS.

CadCrazy

in search of myself

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Arvind
Any other suggestion please

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

Get at least 667 mhz or an 800MHZ in dual channel. Its better to go for the Zebronics 400W platinum instead of the regular Zebronics 500W as the Platinum is for gamin nd would be much stable nd the output would be in correct ratings also. It would cost u 1600/-. U can also opt for Zebronics platina 500w.
link:
*www.zebronics.net/home/powersupplies.asp

sabret00the

Youngling

@jugnu_009: Asus Vento is a very good cabinet

I own a Zebronics Antibiotic Cabinet and a Zebronics 500 W Platinum PSU works pretty well for me.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

If you want to play your games till Vista is out get the 7600GT and then get a 8800GT class later. Get atleast 2-4GB RAM. Else get E6400.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Ouch ... get a E6400 along with 2 GB ram .. much better option ...

And about the card ... go for a 7600GS .. others are mearly for show .. and can't handle current games at good settings ...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

7600GS is too crap. just 5% better than a 6600GT. Get atleast 7600GT/7900GT at the minimum.

dotcommakers

Journeyman

I have Intel Dual Core - DDR2 ram and P5RD2-VM Asus mother board which graphic card should i purchase.. I have only 5000rs. budget

sanju_nlp

Right off the assembly line

I have an MSI motherboard with 1 gb of ram amd 3000+ 2ghz processor, with integrated NVIDA GEFORCE 5600 128mb graphics, although all the latest drivers are installed but i can not watch dat, mpeg or any kind of video files. it works when i uninstall the graphics but otherwise? Please help?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

r u using beta driver?? if yes then revert to the older versions....

sabret00the

Youngling

@sanju_nlp:Ok that's the same card that I'am using rite now.XFX Nvidia 128mb GeForce 4 AGP 8x if I'am not wrong and the card has issues with Drivers downloaded from Nvidia website.If you are using SP2 then just use that drivers with SP2 and the card will work fine.I use 19" Samsung 955DF CRT monitor in vga (DB 15) port.I use a resolution of 1280x960 @ 85Hz.Works pretty fine with me.So I suggest u too uninstall the video driver from safe mode.Take out the card from the board and then do reinstall XP (provided if u have data then skip the OS reinstall part) and then after laoding all necessary drivers put the card in the slot and then load original drivers from the video card cd.Then install SP2.Shud work fine.

Top Bottom