Graphics Cards related queries here.

sabret00the

Youngling
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

reinstall the video driver..if it dosent work..uninstall the video driver..let microsoft install the default video drivers for ur agp..if no go then reinstall the OS....best of luck.

deepak_m

Broken In

i have a prob with my graphics card. It displays everything correctly till the boot screen after which the monitor boes blank.But it works in safe mode.I reinstalled the drivers and even windows to no avail. help me! I have a n FX5200 on an intel 845GBV mobo&1.7 intel processor with 512 mb of ram.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Maybe u forced some unsupported refresh rate ... uninstall the drivers in safe mode ... and then boot ...

sabret00the

Youngling

@ Deepak:If the system was wrkn fine a couple of days back then try a system restore.{start-all program-accessories-system tools-system restore}
If that dont work then go to BIOS disable the internal video card and enable AGP/PCIe.If that dont work then go to device manager from safe mode under display do a right click on the video card.Unistall it.Then a the top left hand corner.Actions-Scan for hardware changes.It should set the driver right.If it doesnt then u have a wrong driver and if it does and then restart the computer.It should go back to windows in normal mode.

pritesh_varia

Right off the assembly line

hi everybody,

my pc configuration as below,

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (128 mb)
256 mb DDR RAM

motherboard : VIA KT400-8235

Now, problem is that my AGP card of nVidia not working properly,
it display properly but make my graphics distorted after working around half hour and makes my screen blinking variantly and slower down my pc a lot, even mouse can not move properly.

before, i had got message "nv4_disp.dll has stopped working normally"

i surf for this problem very much, and do everything as diff. solutions but it was not applied on my problem and not solved.

i installed latest drivers for nVidia Card ( driver version 91.31 which is latest for GeForce), i also installed AMD miniport AGP driver and same the VIA drivers.

somebody says pls check IRC which is shared by another device, i look for that but it is different.

finally, i format my pc, though i got same problem with my AGP card.

Please Help me , if anybody knows about this kind a problem...

thanks in advance.

pritesh

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

Which will be the best agp graphics card for 8-9K? And if possible it's estimated price. I will be going tomorrow to check it up so I know which graphics cards to look towards.

Third Eye

gooby pls

7600 gs

tech_your_future said:
Which will be the best agp graphics card for 8-9K? And if possible it's estimated price. I will be going tomorrow to check it up so I know which graphics cards to look towards.

7600 gs i think..correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling

hey I was wondering about this question.
I guess 512mb 6800 XT shud be around 9grands and 256mb 7800 GT shub be around 10grands

tech_your_future: plz do some market research and get back to the forum and do u think a couple of 512 6800 XT in SLI mode(@ 16x each) wud be a better bet than 1 256mb 7600GS or 7800GT?

Last edited:

niju

Am I be able to play today's games with a minimal resolution and settings with nvidia geforce go 6150????

My Spec is:
AMD Turion 64 X2 @ 1.86GHZ
1 GB of RAM
Win Xp

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

6150 is crap, new games won't run acceptably at any setting, by new I mean only the most intensive ones like FEAR, GRAW etc. even if they run, it would be like 640*480 lowest.

10k for 7800GT, where???

around 10k, get 7600GT or X1800GTO

niju

thanks for the advice..i should invest 10k for better performance,huh???i think it is atleast enough to play pop-ww and nfsmw????(@ min resolution)

mehulved

Anyone in Mumbai know any place where I can get XFX 6600gt 256MB AGP card. I tried searching for it at Lamington Road today but I didn't find it anywhere. Only one shop, they agreed to order it but it would take 2 days and cost 9.5K. That's a bit beyond my budget. Or do I buy 6600GT of any make other than XFX?
I can get 128MB one for around 7.5K should I rather go for it? How much will be the difference?

Geforce

Journeyman

forget 6600GT buy 7600GS AGP. wait a month or so ...so that it is easily available and price comes down closer to 7600GS PCI-e

mehulved

@GeForce are the prices of AGP going down? To me it seems to be going up as AGP is a dying technology.
@sabret00the I am thinking of rather getting a XFX 6600GT 128MB AGP as I heard from a few people that it's not worth going for 2K difference in prices of 128MB and 256MB. Also, the availability of 256 MB one is not so good, so again that's going against buying a 256MB one.

go_gamez

In the zone

is the leadtek...xfx 6600gt 128 mb..good enough to play latest games..like PREY..HL- 2.,Most Wanted..and medium settings ??and is 4.5 k..for a second hand..leadtek 6600gt 128 mb good amount to buy for ?

fall3nm0nk

guys going for a new cpu..
took techtree's advice
budget around 20k
asus A8N-E
amd 64 3000+
160 GB Seagate SATA
looking for a good PCI E card around 7-8k
is the xfx 6600gt good?
want to play games like fear elder scrolls oblivion..
also is the mobo cpu combo correct
heard a lot about Rs 480 as well
any suggestions?

Geforce

Journeyman

tech_your_future said:
@GeForce are the prices of AGP going down? To me it seems to be going up as AGP is a dying technology.

You are right the prices for AGP part will go up. But for 7600 parts it will actually come down due to the heavy demand. You see there is a huge %age of pcs still on agp. 7600GS will be a hot favourite for those systems, same cannot be said for 7600GT AGP as it would i think come with a premium.

Futhermore even at this point Intel is shipping 865 chipsets with AGP slot (i think till the end of this year) which has also led ATI (now AMD) to think about a competing AGP solution to the 7600 agp parts.

crazybutt

Broken In

halo
peepl, im lookin for a graphics card for my aging P4 2GHz machine wid intel d845glad board...ie onli pci solts... and 768MB ddr

i want a cheap graphics card which wud be used by me for less than a year...and shud be able to play games a rung below the likes of doom3, far cry and such....emphasis is on cheap!!!

help me guys

Top Bottom