Graphics Cards related queries here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also what kind of discounts can I expect to get if I walk into a store and say that I'll buy two whole setups based around the 5950X and 6900XT?
That & make sure to use some good credit card for max benefit(axis ace can give you 2% on offline shop transactions & you can get extra 1%(up to 750 per month per card) from hdfc easyshop visa platinum debit cards for paying the axis ace card bill.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
That & make sure to use some good credit card for max benefit(axis ace can give you 2% on offline shop transactions & you can get extra 1%(up to 750 per month per card) from hdfc easyshop visa platinum debit cards for paying the axis ace card bill.
I mean, if i don't know the discounts, I have no baseline to start with. I'm not expecting 50% off their quote obviously, but do you think 30% is a good figure?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean, if i don't know the discounts, I have no baseline to start with. I'm not expecting 50% off their quote obviously, but do you think 30% is a good figure?
If it was usual times then I would have agreed but nowadays I guess it all depends on how crypto currency market is doing. Have heard about even retailers trying to cash in on crypto craze by indirectly geting cards for themselves.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
If it was usual times then I would have agreed but nowadays I guess it all depends on how crypto currency market is doing. Have heard about even retailers trying to cash in on crypto craze by indirectly geting cards for themselves.
So after using for mining what does happen? Does card performance comes down or what?Why people don't prefer to buy mining cards?

Sent from my RMX2185 using Tapatalk

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So after using for mining what does happen? Does card performance comes down or what?Why people don't prefer to buy mining cards?

Sent from my RMX2185 using Tapatalk
Wear and tear at the transistor level and of the small components. A crypto mined card is abused like hell.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Imagine playing game for 2 hours daily on full load VS using same card 24/7 at full load (even overclocked).

Personally if those cards have some warranty left you can take them else keep away because as said above these cards are misused badly

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So I went to a few stores on Saturday and all they have are the 6900 XT TUF from Asus, and nobody has the 5950X in stock.

God damn it. Does anyone know any store anywhere in the country with 5950X and 6900 XT reference design stock?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
So I went to a few stores on Saturday and all they have are the 6900 XT TUF from Asus, and nobody has the 5950X in stock.

God damn it. Does anyone know any store anywhere in the country with 5950X and 6900 XT reference design stock?
Why dont you call MDComputers, PrimeABGB and Vedant and ask them? They are offlcial retailers

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Why dont you call MDComputers, PrimeABGB and Vedant and ask them? They are offlcial retailers
I literally went to MD and Vedant to get quotes on Saturday...

Also MD said they had stock on Saturday but today morning when I went they said they were mistaken.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I literally went to MD and Vedant to get quotes on Saturday...

Also MD said they had stock on Saturday but today morning when I went they said they were mistaken.
Then Its sad. looks like no one has 5950x in stock. And I was thinking processor shortage is resolved.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Other companies too exited the market - Leadtek for example never really took off here. In fact I think they're virtually not spoken of even in western countries.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I thought they were selling here but exited the Indian market before 2010. IIRC they had really bad RMA process in India. I might be confusing them for some other brand. Any old member can confirm this??

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I thought they were selling here but exited the Indian market before 2010. IIRC they had really bad RMA process in India. I might be confusing them for some other brand. Any old member can confirm this??
EVGA entered the Indian market some time _after_ I built my first gaming setup. If I'm not mistaken they entered in 2010, and XFX entered a year before them.

I do know for a fact that EVGA and XFX were selling their GPUs in 2011 when I built my second gaming setup, and in 2013 when I moved abroad for a few years.

When I came back, both brands were still represented in the Indian market, at least until the Geforce 10 series. I'm not 100% sure if either brand had 20 series GPUs available though.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
EVGA is the only vendor that offers upgradable warranty on their GPUs. Not sure if they did that when they were here.
Its too bad GPU being such a high value item can become a paperweight if warranty expires and it dies.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
EVGA is the only vendor that offers upgradable warranty on their GPUs. Not sure if they did that when they were here.
Its too bad GPU being such a high value item can become a paperweight if warranty expires and it dies.
I was shocked to know this actually. This is one of the main reason EVGA cards have such high value, at least in US and UK. People just exchange their old cards with new cards every 2-3 years by paying the difference, i think its in MSRP but not the current value of the card. I just can't believe this model exist in market, though only in developed countries.

Top Bottom