Graphics Cards related queries here.

khalil1210

In the zone
Is there any tentative release date of RTX 3060?

It seems quite unlikely to be released this year,if at all.
Rumors are there that NVIDIA will release RTX 3060 in November. NVIDIA will release after the AMD launch so that people will compare gpus and buy NVIDIA ones.

quicky008

Technomancer
Quantum break was another title with good gameplay but very poor optimization and muddy visuals-even though it was released back in 2015 i think,many newer cpus and gpus still cannot run it without encountering some major stuttering/fps drops.

Control's story is also just as bad-its some kind of pretentious sci-fi crap that barely makes any sense,they have deliberately made it so abstruse and confusing that the casual gamer has a hard time understanding WTH is actually going on.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Not worth it. A used RX 570 or GTX 1060 6GB goes for that price. BTW, wait for RTX 3000 series launch. Used market should have plenty of newer GPUs for cheap then.

Won't current Core i3 4150 will bottleneck if I use of RX570 or others cards above it ? Which graphic will be ideal to pair with core i3 4150?
Few days back I had seen some 4gb ddr5 rx550 going for 6250 on prime abgb. How is it?
The seller of Zotac 1050ti ddr5 4gb graphic card had quoted 5800 rupees.
May think of it if retaining pc for 2 more years.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
ideally you should get 1650 super if you are buying a new gpu.

but if you want an used gpu,stick to RX 570 or anything similar,like 1060 3gb.

1050ti can't run most AAA titles that well nowadays.If you're satisfied with ~30 fps experience in new games then you can consider it.

Renny

Padawan
What do y'all feel about Big Navi vs Ampere? Hearing lot of hearsay all over the net. Could AMD's driver be the deciding factor?

setanjan123

In the zone
What do y'all feel about Big Navi vs Ampere? Hearing lot of hearsay all over the net. Could AMD's driver be the deciding factor?
If the consoles are as impressive as they claim, dedicated GPUs should be even more impressive. I guess only time will tell.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
All of the consoles use AMD GPUs, so I guess the next AMD might not be a slouch. But let's see when it actually comes out.

quicky008

Technomancer
Given that 3060ti is already leaked, can anyone speculate how much it will cost in India?

I have a 1060 6gb but it struggles to run demanding games like red dead redemption 2. I am getting a rmad 1070 from someone for 14k(with no warranty) -is it advisable to get this gpu? Will it provide better overall performance than my 1060?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
1070 does not perform very well either on Red Dead Redemption 2, you will have to set texture quality to high and shadow quality to medium to get 60 FPS.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
1070 and 1660S are almost equal. In my opinion, 1650S for ~16K with warranty is a better deal with a small compromise on performance than getting 1070 at 14K with no warranty. So it will be better if you just wait for new mid range cards.

Given that 3060ti is already leaked, can anyone speculate how much it will cost in India?

I have a 1060 6gb but it struggles to run demanding games like red dead redemption 2. I am getting a rmad 1070 from someone for 14k(with no warranty) -is it advisable to get this gpu? Will it provide better overall performance than my 1060?
$400 = ₹40k in most cases, might be lower though.

GTX 1060 is still a good GPU & RDR2 is poorly optimized with bad in game presets. Watch Hardware Unboxed's optimized settings video for RDR2. IMO you should be able to get at least 50fps with those settings & then lower few more settings for 60fps maybe. These optimized settings are great because they maximize performance without much drop in noticeable visual quality.

For RDR2, in my friend's PC (R7 3700X + 2070S) at 1080p with all maxed out it was getting ~32fps in the benchmark run. HU Optimized settings pushed it to 100fps.

Better keep on using your 1060 & upgrade GPU next summer when more budget options are available & stock issues are likely resolved.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
$400 = ₹40k in most cases, might be lower though.

GTX 1060 is still a good GPU & RDR2 is poorly optimized with bad in game presets. Watch Hardware Unboxed's optimized settings video for RDR2. IMO you should be able to get at least 50fps with those settings & then lower few more settings for 60fps maybe. These optimized settings are great because they maximize performance without much drop in noticeable visual quality.

For RDR2, in my friend's PC (R7 3700X + 2070S) at 1080p with all maxed out it was getting ~32fps in the benchmark run. HU Optimized settings pushed it to 100fps.

Better keep on using your 1060 & upgrade GPU next summer when more budget options are available & stock issues are likely resolved.
Pretty sad to hear this I was planning to play RDR2 on my crappy laptop also updated to 16gb for it.

Pretty sad to hear this I was planning to play RDR2 on my crappy laptop also updated to 16gb for it.
Your Y50 might run it decently, just lower settings & do check which graphics settings have max impact on performance. Hardware Unboxed did a detailed analysis. Still, its an old laptop & don;t expect a lot, that is the case with any big game.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
How is 5600XT at about 25K-30K price range? Or 2060S still holds significant better value than 5600XT for 1080p very high-ultra gaming? Any idea about the release of 3050Ti or 3060 AND any 1080p targeted GPU from AMD??

How is 5600XT at about 25K-30K price range? Or 2060S still holds significant better value than 5600XT for 1080p very high-ultra gaming? Any idea about the release of 3050Ti or 3060 AND any 1080p targeted GPU from AMD??
5600XT is equivalent to 2060 & 2060 is found for 25k. It is just overpriced & not worth it. 2060S is a poor choice as well as its just 10% better over 2060, although has 8GB VRAM & more RT cores. Better wait till Jan 2021 as RTX 3060 & maybe even RTX 3050Ti are coming out. Maybe AMD will launch RX 6700 & 6600 series as well, but IMO AMD's stock situation is worse than Nvidia.

Top Bottom