Graphics Cards related queries here.

What's the major difference between Zotac RTX 2070 mini and Zotac RTX 2070 super mini.
Is the price increase of around 10K worth it or not? Because both are from same chipset.

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk
2070 at 30k or so is a great deal, it performs a bit better than 2060S. Cheapest 2070S I saw was at 40k, the same Zotac Mini edition. Zotac Mini has good review, good cooling & decent noise levels.

GPU high end.png

gameranand

Living to Play
My friend got a quote from a seller in Delhi, but he is trying to build a whole rig, maybe that's why a bit cheaper. It was a few days before the lockdown.
I have i7 3770K on Asus maximums V Formula motherboard with 16GB RAM. Would these be bottleneck for Zotac RTX 2070 mini? I am thinking of buying that as it would cost me around 32K. Zotac RTX 2070 super mini is 42K. What would you suggest?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I have i7 3770K on Asus maximums V Formula motherboard with 16GB RAM. Would these be bottleneck for Zotac RTX 2070 mini? I am thinking of buying that as it would cost me around 32K. Zotac RTX 2070 super mini is 42K. What would you suggest?
The 3770k might be around 8 years old at this point but still feel it shouldn't be too much of a bottle neck.

Some posts on reddit :

1)
2)
They do suggesting upgrade as people felt significantly better performance on newer CPUs but still you'd be fine for the time being.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

Where are you going to buy from?
For this gen i7 3770K should be fine. Games made for PS5/XSX would need a better CPU.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Well at 31K the RTX 2070 has higher VFM than RTX 2070 Super at 42K.
But I'm not sure about the Zotac mini. There are good reviews for Zotac RTX 2070 "OC Mini" but not for "plain mini".
It could be a bait and switch strategy. Companies do that all the time.
Also on Zotac's official site there's zero results for RTX 2070 :-o

gameranand

Living to Play
Well at 31K the RTX 2070 has higher VFM than RTX 2070 Super at 42K.
But I'm not sure about the Zotac mini. There are good reviews for Zotac RTX 2070 "OC Mini" but not for "plain mini".
It could be a bait and switch strategy. Companies do that all the time.
Also on Zotac's official site there's zero results for RTX 2070 :-o
Here is the official site link
*www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2070-mini

Here is a review
*www.modders-inc.com/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2070-mini/

Here is link from shop
*www.vedantcomputers.com/zotac-geforce-rtx-2070-mini-8gb-gddr6

Now kindly suggest if that are all same. And if the product is good.

Neo

GPU temps also depend on how good airflow you have in your case, if its decent, your're mostly gonno be fine running with 2070 mini

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I mean I'm not getting the list of all models on Zotac
*www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/GeForce-RTX-2070/all

Going by the review it looks ok. Con seems to be loud. It sure is VFM though.

2070 for 32k is good, performance bit better than the 2060S at a lower price.

There will be CPU bottleneck but if you plan to upgrade CPU later, go ahead & invest on the GPU. IF Ryzen 4000 is out later this year, buy R5 4600 + B550 mobo in late 2020 or next year.

Even if you consider i7 3770K to be equivalent to i5 7600K, you can see the bottleneck below. Not too huge, but definitely present & mainly observable in 1% low fps:
CPU midrange (1).png

RX5700 is similar to RTX 2070, so you can see the benefit R5 3600 over even R5 2600, would be a bigger difference over i7 3770K:
CPU GPU scaling 1080p.png

gameranand

Living to Play
Even if you consider i7 3770K to be equivalent to i5 7600K, you can see the bottleneck below. Not too huge, but definitely present & mainly observable in 1% low fps:
View attachment 18969

RX5700 is similar to RTX 2070, so you can see the benefit R5 3600 over even R5 2600, would be a bigger difference over i7 3770K:
View attachment 18970
Thanks for the explanation. I really appreciate it.
I don't plan on upgrading until I need to or product dies. I may buy a monitor for 1440p gaming. And 1% drop in FPS is not much to spend 50K on upgrading.
I am buying this GPU because my 970 died few days ago. But 970 was not able to get me a few games at highest settings on 1080p. But as I said earlier, I'm a patient gamer. Also I don't like to upgrade too often.
This is why I am thinking of buying this GPU as it seemed VFM for the price and performance.
Those were the days when I spent lacs for PC and games but now life does not allow this.

Please give your valuable suggestions considering these things.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Gameranand said:
This is why I am thinking of buying this GPU as it seemed VFM for the price and performance.
Those were the days when I spent lacs for PC and games but now life does not allow this
No need to drop it all in one year, always can do part by part when you got a good base of a computer like you. Pls someone calling himself "gamer" should have the latets rig anyways

Neo

Thanks for the explanation. I really appreciate it.
I don't plan on upgrading until I need to or product dies. I may buy a monitor for 1440p gaming. And 1% drop in FPS is not much to spend 50K on upgrading.
I am buying this GPU because my 970 died few days ago. But 970 was not able to get me a few games at highest settings on 1080p. But as I said earlier, I'm a patient gamer. Also I don't like to upgrade too often.
I think u misunderstood 1% lows

Don't expect the 2070 mini to last longer than 3-4 years, at which point u might have to upgrade again

Top Bottom