Graphics Cards related queries here.

nitinjavakid

Broken In
Intel D915GLVG in Geforce 6200 pci-e problems

How do put my Geforce 6200 pci-e x16 in Intel D915GLVG motherboard???
*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d915glvg/

khandu

In the zone
Ok Now

what card should i go for which can work for 1.5 years atleast.. good performance

using 6600gt right now..

Thinkin about

XFX GeForce 7800GT PCI-E 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI VIVO (PVT70G256D)
Cost : Aruond Rs. 23200

Leadtek WinFast PX7800 GT TDH MyVIVO
*www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px7800gt_tdhvivo_1.html
Cost : no idea

can ne1 suggest ne 3rd or which is better out of the 2...

Budget is around 25K

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
i wanna know the which config will perform better

1> Asus A8n-vm with AMD 3000+ with onboard 6100/128shared ram
2> ne other mobo with AGP slot with FX 5200/128 MB

consider other components same for both

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Any1 knows where I can find nVidia and ATi retailers in Gujarat(or india)?
actually, I've got an oldie PC HP Pavilion and it can only get a PCI (not PCIe) card. so i wanna buy either an ATi radeon 9250 256MB PCI (Powercolor) or nvidia GeForce FX 5500 or 5200 PCI 256 MB( either BFg or XFX)PCI card.
I tried searching on the net and found ebay.in offering nvidia card for 4000+ Rs., whereas it was priced at around 60$ on sites such as Pricewatch.com
So i want to but the card directly from the dealer. Can any1 post the dealers e-mail link as well.
Thanks,
~Halo~

PS:And which card is better, Ati9250 or Nvidia5500

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
ashnik said:
i wanna know the which config will perform better

1> Asus A8n-vm with AMD 3000+ with onboard 6100/128shared ram
2> ne other mobo with AGP slot with FX 5200/128 MB

consider other components same for both

One of my friends bought a A8N-VM with a 3000+ and the performance is great. I would suggest this configuration simply because performance wise it is greater and you will get a Geforce6 series on-board GPU.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
i can play doom3 at lowest settings with AMD 1800+ procie with 5200/128mb Agp 8x card...
is it possible on ASUS A8N-VM with 3000+ mobo.. can u test plz

coz the tests on some websites show that even if they used 3800+ and higher cpu a8n-vm could get 22fps in Doom3..

CRC_error

Right off the assembly line
hey man

khandu said:
r u crazy man leadtek product sux. i think u didn't read the digit magazine. xfx is the best. they give more performance in every series.leadtek and bfg products r complaint giving cards, xfx n gainward r da best. leadtek hahhahaa :D :D i can't hold my laugh.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Re: hey man

CRC_error said:
khandu said:
r u crazy man leadtek product sux. i think u didn't read the digit magazine. xfx is the best. they give more performance in every series.leadtek and bfg products r complaint giving cards, xfx n gainward r da best. leadtek hahhahaa :D :D i can't hold my laugh.

No. leadtek isn't bad. I have been using leadtek winfast 6600gt 128mb for 2 months now and it gives excellent performance. The fan provided doesn't look as graceful as XFX's but does a good job of keeping the temp. down.
But as u said GAINWARD is the best of the lot.
But opinion differ on user experience. :D
For example one of my friend bought the XFX 6600gt 128mb PCI-E which started giving problem such as corrupt display, so he had to get a replacement which after all worked fine. This doesn't mean that XFX is bad but that particular product was faulty.
And now he is using LEADTEK 7800 GTX Extreme, which gives excellent performance as a series 7 should give.
As for me just waiting for the 7800's price to come down. :wink:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

john_the_ultimate said:
CRC_error said:
khandu said:

No. leadtek isn't bad. I have been using leadtek winfast 6600gt 128mb for 2 months now and it gives excellent performance. The fan provided doesn't look as graceful as XFX's but does a good job of keeping the temp. down.
But as u said GAINWARD is the best of the lot.
But opinion differ on user experience. :D
For example one of my friend bought the XFX 6600gt 128mb PCI-E which started giving problem such as corrupt display, so he had to get a replacement which after all worked fine. This doesn't mean that XFX is bad but that particular product was faulty.
And now he is using LEADTEK 7800 GTX Extreme, which gives excellent performance as a series 7 should give.
As for me just waiting for the 7800's price to come down. :wink:

Hey John, are you buying the GT/GTX? Any idea about the current prices?

khandu

In the zone

CRC_error said:
khandu said:

u seem to be out of ur mind.. forget digit.. read international reviews.. i agree bfg is not good but leadtek is atleast better than xfx..

i puke on ur laugh..

matthew_kane

Broken In

khandu said:
CRC_error said:
khandu said:

u seem to be out of ur mind.. forget digit.. read international reviews.. i agree bfg is not good but leadtek is atleast better than xfx..

i puke on ur laugh..
. wut international man i think u r a newbie. xfx>gainward>leadtek>big geforce.

supersaiyan

In the zone
GUYS MY FRIEND WANTS TO BUY A GFX CARD FOR RS6000. I SUGGESTED HIM THE 6600GT DDR2(XFX) AGP VERSION. AGP BECAUSE HE HAS AN IBM PC WITH A 865G MOBO. NOW THE PROBLEM IS THAT I THINK THE AGP VERSION OF THIS CARD REQUIRES A MOLEX CONNECTOR AS THE AGP SLOT DOESN'T GIVE IT FULL POWER. SO WHAT SHUD I DO?

coolsunny

Journeyman
can i play new games like nfsmw,quake 4
if i buy K8N Neo4 Platinum from msi which has
NVIDIA® nForce4 Ultra Chipset onboard ??

others r amd64 3000+ ,512 mb ddr
what about the forth coming game.... can iplay??
is it a good cnfiguration ???

dada_patekar

Broken In
oh bido

pehle to naam sahi se le quake 4 not quack 4 :D . aur rahi baat teri config. ki thodi bahut game to chaal jayegi par xtra low setting mein, graphics card ke binah gaddi nahi chalegi. 6600gt 128 mb le liyo.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
abhishekwithyou said:
hi guys please suggest the best graphics card i can get for around 7k. i am thinking of xfx 6600gt but i dont know the current market price.

Hi, you can buy XFX 6600 256MB DDR2 PCI-ex (assuming that you have a PCI-express slot in your board). 6600GT 128MB is priced around a 1000 rupees more.

Top Bottom