Graphics Cards related queries here.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Unless your cpu usage touches over 95 % - 100 % usage,it is not cpu bottleneck

Bottleneck depends on games,In most of the gpu demanding games there will be no cpu bottleneck

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
with new drivers,performance of 760 is improved by a lot. i would go with 760 anyway.

if possible get custom cooled 290. you can even change it to 290x if you want and luck is with you. what is the resolution you play games at? i dont really think you may need a CF.

I will use multi-monitor setup thats why I thought of CF. Now if you dont want me to CF then why shouldnt i go for 290x?

Are u gonna use triple monitor? And tell me us what resolution u gonna play?

I am going to use at least 2 monitors , 1080p reso.

amjath

Human Spambot
I will use multi-monitor setup thats why I thought of CF. Now if you dont want me to CF then why shouldnt i go for 290x?

I am going to use at least 2 monitors , 1080p reso.

Yes 290x oc a little get titan performance at half a price

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

290 performs almost similar to 290x with the new drivers. so getting 290 makes it a sweet deal over 290x due to price difference. ;-)

kiranb28

Broken In
Can someone please refer me to a reliable source at Nehru Place who can build a desktop in front of me while I wait?
Would SMC be the best solution? I need the system urgently, by today evening.

Amd Fx-8350
Motherboard 990Fxa-Gd65 or on-par
4GB x2 RAM kit
2TB x2 HDD
Windows 7 Home Basic
550w or greater SMPS
Cabinet

Budget 65k...
need to fit the best possible graphics card in given the price constraint.

Suggestions?

Can someone please refer me to a reliable source at Nehru Place who can build a desktop in front of me while I wait?
Would SMC be the best solution? I need the system urgently, by today evening.

Amd Fx-8350
Motherboard 990Fxa-Gd65 or on-par
4GB x2 RAM kit
2TB x2 HDD
Windows 7 Home Basic
550w or greater SMPS
Cabinet

Budget 65k...
need to fit the best possible graphics card in given the price constraint.

Suggestions?

Which SMPS? Which cabinet? If you haven't purchased the parts, you should start a new thread here because the config ain't looking good with that MSI board and un specified parts and crap OS.

kiranb28

Broken In
Which SMPS? Which cabinet? If you haven't purchased the parts, you should start a new thread here because the config ain't looking good with that MSI board and un specified parts and crap OS.

Thanks for the quick response!
I've started a new thread as you suggested:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...urce-nehru-place-needed-asap.html#post2038377

Cheers

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Yes 290x oc a little get titan performance at half a price

what would be 290x oc cost like?
I am more inclined to 290x over 290 . But if the price gap is too much as compared to performance I think I can get a 290.

Latest price of Asus r9 290 is 34k in MD computers. Should wait for the 290 Oc version?

290 performs almost similar to 290x with the new drivers. so getting 290 makes it a sweet deal over 290x due to price difference. ;-)

Ya, check above what I wrote and reply please .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cont.

Guys I have a ASUS GTX660Ti Top
My processor is Core2Quad 2.4GhZ

Many members of TDF suggested the GPU being bottlenecked
This is the memory and usage while playing Sleeping Dogs at default settings.
I think this is solid evidence of bottleneck ?
Can i try overclocking CPU to solve this ?
Or should i get a new CPU ? :-(View attachment 12803

when you minimize a game or use alt+tab to switch to some other windows games gpu and cpu usage generally comes down .. anyway, for ocing you woule need a god motherboard as well and for monitoring better use HWinfo software.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
what would be 290x oc cost like?
I am more inclined to 290x over 290 . But if the price gap is too much as compared to performance I think I can get a 290.

Latest price of Asus r9 290 is 34k in MD computers. Should wait for the 290 Oc version?

Ya, check above what I wrote and reply please .

i think it is better to wait for the asus DCii or sapphire vaporx like editions of 290. sine the price of 290 is low compared to 290x, but the performance is somewhat similar it is better to go with 290 now.

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
i think it is better to wait for the asus DCii or sapphire vaporx like editions of 290. sine the price of 290 is low compared to 290x, but the performance is somewhat similar it is better to go with 290 now.

Any idea how many days to wait still to get hands on dc ii or Vaporx ? I have been waiting quite a long actually ... around 5 months..:(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Any idea how many days to wait still to get hands on dc ii or Vaporx ? I have been waiting quite a long actually ... around 5 months..:(

yeah i know. but no idea though. whenever a new card is launched, asus,msi ,sapphire etc. releases a better OC card like dcii, vaporx at the same time but is not happening with 290/290x.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
when you minimize a game or use alt+tab to switch to some other windows games gpu and cpu usage generally comes down .. anyway, for ocing you woule need a god motherboard as well and for monitoring better use HWinfo software.

I can feel my CPU hindering my Gaming ..
Current.png
I have my exams now and am planning to upgrade it on March 2014 :-D
How much would it cost to get a decent CPU which doesn't affect the GPU and will support future GPU's if possible ? (approx.so that i will start saving money ;) )
Do i need to change the mobo too ?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I can feel my CPU hindering my Gaming ..
I have my exams now and am planning to upgrade it on March 2014 :-D
How much would it cost to get a decent CPU which doesn't affect the GPU and will support future GPU's if possible ? (approx.so that i will start saving money ;) )
Do i need to change the mobo too ?

you need to have a good cpu+mobo. if you plan on upgrading on march 2014, create a thread in pc components/configurations by that time. Because new things get released and old ones get vanished.

Hi!,

I have a 1366*768 monitor :(, I need a new gpu for gaming( what else :p )

My budget is flexible : 5-8.5k

The budget depends on my exam marks , unfortunately. But I would like to know all the same.Give cards at the lowest also to be safe. ;)

Games to be played: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV and other forthcoming games at this resolution. Please tell me at what settings I can play with the card.

Thanks!

Shiva

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hi!,

The budget depends on my exam marks , unfortunately. But I would like to know all the same.Give cards at the lowest also to be safe. ;)

Games to be played: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV and other forthcoming games at this resolution. Please tell me at what settings I can play with the card.

Thanks!

Shiva

which psu do you have?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Hi!,

Thanks!

Shiva

Look for HD5670 or HD6670.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Hi!,

Thanks!

Shiva

Hd 6670 1gbb ddr5 @ 5.6K

hd 7750 1gb ddr5 @ 7k

Hd 7770 1gb ddr5 @ 8.5k

Top Bottom