Graphics Cards related queries here.

defconfor

Broken In
7800GTX or X 1800 XT

hey guys i am new here. so hello to all.
what do u think which graphics card is best.
nvidia 7800gtx or ati x1800xt. 8)

H

harsh bajpai

khandu said:
ok..

and what counterpart does ATI have in market?? and i think leadtek also has good support and better than XFX

Why the hell would you want to get ATi when Nvidia is still around?????
Nvidia rules buddy!!! get any Nvidia and it will most prolly beat it's equipriced ATi counterpart easily. you said you have 25K and you'll get some selling your 6600 then i say you should go fot the GTX. IT is the best, I'm using one for the last 3 months and have no complaints whatsoever infact i'm very happy with it's performance. I play all games at full settings smooothly.. :)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
harsh bajpai said:
khandu said:
ok..

and what counterpart does ATI have in market?? and i think leadtek also has good support and better than XFX

Why the hell would you want to get ATi when Nvidia is still around?????
Nvidia rules buddy!!! get any Nvidia and it will most prolly beat it's equipriced ATi counterpart easily. you said you have 25K and you'll get some selling your 6600 then i say you should go fot the GTX. IT is the best, I'm using one for the last 3 months and have no complaints whatsoever infact i'm very happy with it's performance. I play all games at full settings smooothly.. :)

I also second that, although the X800XL is not a bad performer at all. So mid-range recommendations would be 6800GS and X800XL and for high end, there is the 7800 series (both GT and GTX), but I would prefer the 7800GT simply because of it's price to performance ratio and also the GTX is way too high priced here.

Not to forget...the latest high-end offering from ATI, the X1900 series (XT and XTX), but I doubt it will be available in India soon.

comrade

foreign return(0)
so 7800GT&GTX for high end gamers, 6800 series for midrange gamers...then wat about 6600GT users...?low end gamers? :shock:

khandu

In the zone
hmm..

i was walkin lamington rd.. i was shocked to see 90% of shops did not keep 7800GT..

ATI does not have a good counterpart in market right now..

then i stumbled upon the leadtek distributor.. i dont like XFX any ways and i think BIG also sucks BIG time..

yeah my mind was fixed on Leadtek 7800GT..

only now i have to get rid of my 6600GT .. :(

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
comrade said:
so 7800GT&GTX for high end gamers, 6800 series for midrange gamers...then wat about 6600GT users...?low end gamers? :shock:

6600GT was the mid range card of choice six months back.

6600GT is going to struggle in future games, friend. Six months back, it was the hardware of choice among people worldwide as it was at a sweet point between price and performance. Now that place has been taken over by 6800GS. Signs are already there, have you tried the timeshift demo, or FEAR, for that matter in somewhat high settings? 6600GT is struggling to keep up. I tried it at a friend's place who has a 6600GT at resolutions over 1024X768 and...better not say it...

Read in some reviews that a 6800GS SLI setup matches the performance of the GTX 256MB in some respects and the combined cost of two 6800GS is less than that of the 7800GTX 256MB. But if you are particular about HDR and SM3.0 and the like TOGETHER, then might as well get the 7800 series.

hotdogXP

Broken In
geForce 7800GS AGP Card

Good news for all ya ppl having only AGP based mobos, you can get in with the big league cards cuz nVidia has launched the AGP Version of the 7800series.

The GeForce 7800GS is the AGP variant of the PCIE 7800 model. It offers a G70 core equipped with the same 302-million transistors that all of the other parts in the series have. The core has six vertex shaders, 16 pixel shaders, and eight raster operation pipelines (with their double Z pipelines for 16 operations per clock).

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: geForce 7800GS AGP Card

hotdogXP said:
Good news for all ya ppl having only AGP based mobos, you can get in with the big league cards cuz nVidia has launched the AGP Version of the 7800series.

The GeForce 7800GS is the AGP variant of the PCIE 7800 model. It offers a G70 core equipped with the same 302-million transistors that all of the other parts in the series have. The core has six vertex shaders, 16 pixel shaders, and eight raster operation pipelines (with their double Z pipelines for 16 operations per clock).

Ya, I have also seen that news in some hardware review sites, but I don't remember exactly the speeds. Is it clocked at 7800GT/GTX speeds? Then it will be indeed good news for people with AGP based boards. Also is the performance comparable? And what about availability and price in India?

hotdogXP

Broken In
The 7800GS reference card's core clock is 375Mhz and memory clock of 1Ghz 256MB GDDR3. In terms of performance I dont think it will match the power of the 7800GT PCIe card but its a close battle. gotta check the performance of the card when XFX, BIG, leadtek and others bring out the factory overclocked versions. It should probably be priced around 20-24K in India.

the mihir

Broken In
nishant_garg89

the geforce 5200 will play all the games....even doom3 smoothly but without any visual effects....if u dont mind low graphics it is a good deal....try to get a radeon 9600 u may get it around 3..i am not really sure.....

128 mb is enough currently ...even quake 4 wants a mnimum of 64 mb....

the mihir said:
nishant_garg89

the geforce 5200 will play all the games....even doom3 smoothly but without any visual effects....if u dont mind low graphics it is a good deal....try to get a radeon 9600 u may get it around 3..i am not really sure.....

128 mb is enough currently ...even quake 4 wants a mnimum of 64 mb....

thankx for your encouraging reply
i hav got 5200 and its running fine............to my expectations atleast
atleast it was gta-sa that forced me to upgrade...

GREAT game SAN_ANDREAS....

The Day Walker!

In the zone
hey pals...hunting for a grafx card,,, under 4000..(strictly)

presently have geforce2 and no present game runs on it....

so need an upgrade 4 an year,,till i upgrade my sys,,,next year

the card should be an agp 1.

which should i choose,,??? nvidia or ati...

help needed

thanx

angel

snake eyes

Right off the assembly line
Better card??

Hello people

Presently I have the following system config:
P4 2.66
512 MB (400 Mhz) RAM
64bit XP (Sp1)
ECS 915M5-GL board ( PCI-E Lite slot)
XFX 6200TC (onboard 64 MB shared 128 MB)
Clock speed 350 MHz and 500 Mhz for GPU and memory
Overclocked to 429 and 668 Mhz resp.
I just want to know about a better card than this one.
is there any other card below Rs 5000 that can give better performance than that. And also be available easily..
One of my friends has the same card but with 128MB onboard. (256 MB shared)..but memory is clocked at 400MHz and cant be overclocked much. I have not tested it...but its performance is only marginally better.
What do you suggest??

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: Better card??

snake eyes said:
Hello people

Presently I have the following system config:
P4 2.66
512 MB (400 Mhz) RAM
64bit XP (Sp1)
ECS 915M5-GL board ( PCI-E Lite slot)
XFX 6200TC (onboard 64 MB shared 128 MB)
Clock speed 350 MHz and 500 Mhz for GPU and memory
Overclocked to 429 and 668 Mhz resp.
I just want to know about a better card than this one.
is there any other card below Rs 5000 that can give better performance than that. And also be available easily..
One of my friends has the same card but with 128MB onboard. (256 MB shared)..but memory is clocked at 400MHz and cant be overclocked much. I have not tested it...but its performance is only marginally better.
What do you suggest??

6200 128-bit is your best bet under 5000. The next option is 6600 but that costs around Rs.5700. One latest option is XFX 7300GS but that is having 64-bit memory (not sure) but you will be getting a Geforce 7 series card. The cost is around Rs.4900. Read some reviews on the net before you take your final decision.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
hey pals...hunting for a grafx card,,, under 4000..(strictly)

presently have geforce2 and no present game runs on it....

so need an upgrade 4 an year,,till i upgrade my sys,,,next year

the card should be an agp 1.

which should i choose,,??? nvidia or ati...

help needed

thanx

angel

The 6200 ..... should eb around 3500 .....

Top Bottom