Graphics Cards related queries here.

Arnab boss

In the zone
thanks @ skud....but it is the cheapest I am getting sapphire costs 1k more and has only one fan but msi has two fans with better heatsink and rma is also good....

satyadeep

Broken In
I have pentium 4 cpu 2.26 ghz proccesor with onboard vga, but now it had the problem that it shows only one colour on monitor, for that problem i came up with new vga card from my store room (zenith pc), i connected it to my pc but it boots well and shows windows xp screen but after that screen goes blank, what should i do?

rock2702

Padawan
I increased my budget for the gpu by a bit and now m undecided between a gtx 680 and hd 7970 gpu.I m getting sapphire hd 7970 dual x oc for 30.2k whereas the gigabyte gtx 680 wf3 oc gpu for 32.5k.I don't mind spending the extra for gtx 680 if I don't have to think about buying another gpu for the next 3 years.Both cards have excellent reviews.I will be gaming at 1900*1200 res with all the settings at high even 16*msaa,which will serve me better for the next 3years?I have no plans of going for a 2560*1440 or higher res setup.Plz advice.

nickreynold

Journeyman
I have pentium 4 cpu 2.26 ghz proccesor with onboard vga, but now it had the problem that it shows only one colour on monitor, for that problem i came up with new vga card from my store room (zenith pc), i connected it to my pc but it boots well and shows windows xp screen but after that screen goes blank, what should i do?

Does that new vga card came with some software cd? if yes, then you have to install that software and remove the onboard vga drivers. you can connect the old vga port and then wipe the vga drivers,restart and then install the new vga drivers and then use the new vga port. if no, then remove the vga driver and then reinstall them. Another thing you can do is to disable the onboard vga option from the bios and then try using the vga card and see the result or reset the bios and then connect the new vga port(no driver removing needed). I may be wrong. Let other people answer so that you can decide what to do.

Naxal

Little Kid
Hi,

Not yet sure about the purchase but still asking as then will save money accordingly.

Present Config

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz
Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo
DDR-III (4x2) 8GB 1333 Mhz
Nvidia 9600 GT (XFX)
1440x900 19" LCD
ColorSit 500W PSU (short of generic but I was able to run 8800 GTX with it)

Now i am thinking of replacing the GPU.

Mind you I am not a pro gamer, but I like to try out all the games and I am happy with mid level settings. However with present games, my present GPU is falling really behind.

Thinking of upgrade.

One particular model caught my eye, the ATI Readon 6670 1GB GDDR5 retailing at around Rs. 5.2/5.3k in kolkata market.

Would it be a good replacement over my present card ? For my needs ?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Take something worth an upgrade or it will go obsolete quite soon and you would be upgrading frequently.
Budget ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
One particular model caught my eye, the ATI Readon 6670 1GB GDDR5 retailing at around Rs. 5.2/5.3k in kolkata market.
HD 6670 will be a 10% faster than 9600 GT.

For a definite upgrade, get HD 7770 @ 8.1K. Don't go for HD 6670.

virus000

Broken In
Hi guys,
My name's Kiran.I need a suggestion for a graphics card for my computer.I would use it normally for games and movies and photoshop work and nothing else.My budget is around 5-6K and not more :|.
Current Specifications
Processor - AMD Athlon X2-64 Dual core processor 4200+ (2.2ghz)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 motherboard DDR2.
ATI Radeon x1200 inbuilt graphics engine
Monitor - ViewSonic VA2226w.
2GB RAM.

So can anyone suggest me a good graphics card where i can play the latest games and watch good movies without much hassle :).Thanks.

Top Bottom