Graphics Cards related queries here.

saiyaman

Journeyman
@saiyaman
No need to go for gtx580.
Go for hd7870 instead
Performs better,overclocks better,much lower power consumption.

Go for GTX670. Or HD7870 below that.

@saiyaman Go for HD 7870. as far as I know most of benchmarks are neck and neck and the newer driver updates help the performance of 7870 a lot. The power consumption of the AMD is also lower.

I thought that GTX 580 was better in performance. Looks like I'm wrong. I saw the reviews. Till now I have always used Nvidia based cards and have no idea about Ati.

Should I use a Nvidia card to make use of the PhysX feature?

tkin

Back to school!!
I thought that GTX 580 was better in performance. Looks like I'm wrong. I saw the reviews. Till now I have always used Nvidia based cards and have no idea about Ati.

Should I use a Nvidia card to make use of the PhysX feature?
If you can afford it, get a 670, the best VFM high end card now, or get a 7870, physx is dead.

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
If you can afford it, get a 670, the best VFM high end card now, or get a 7870, physx is dead.
For 1080p gaming with everything max settings what gpu would you recommend for single monitor gaming? Budget is Rs. 30k max. How long will that card last for the coming years & upcoming games?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
For 1080p gaming with everything max settings what gpu would you recommend for single monitor gaming? Budget is Rs. 30k max. How long will that card last for the coming years & upcoming games?

tkin already said the one to get

I will give a link too- MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Graphic Card

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
tkin already said the one to get

I will give a link too- MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Graphic Card
I'm getting exactly that one but I heard temps (in Celsius) at load were very high....up in the 80s & even further. I can't find any GTX 670 in 30k region except msi's gtx 670 factory OC version online, checked several online shops.

Are those high temps above 80 at full load ok? keep in mind i'll be having total of 4 case fans in my NZXT Gamma cabinet but I'm still iffy about that particular msi's factory OC card's high temps due to reference nvidia's heatsink fan design.

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm getting exactly that one but I heard temps (in Celsius) at load were very high....up in the 80s & even further. I can't find any GTX 670 in 30k region except msi's gtx 670 factory OC version online, checked several online shops.

Are those high temps above 80 at full load ok? keep in mind i'll be having total of 4 case fans in my NZXT Gamma cabinet but I'm still iffy about that particular msi's factory OC card's high temps due to reference nvidia's heatsink fan design.
GTX6xx had a very cool profile, being 28nm draws a lot less power and hence doesn't get heated up much, go ahead, temps will not be an issue, HD79xx has really bad temp profiles.

kapilove77

Padawan
1 Question As you can see my Gpu in my sig. Whenever i play games it reaches 80+ mostly stay in 82-84 even sometime it maybe less like 79 or 77. Are those temp safe for my gpu?

d3p

PowerHouse
@kapil: Download MSI Afterburner & try posting the idle time & load time temperatures.

AFAIK 6950 TF III doesn't produce that much of heat....

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 Question As you can see my Gpu in my sig. Whenever i play games it reaches 80+ mostly stay in 82-84 even sometime it maybe less like 79 or 77. Are those temp safe for my gpu?

Although 6950 TF3 should not reach that high, those temps are safe. Try using a custom fan profile and check the results.

Rahul003

Broken In
hi

I recently assembled a PC with AMD Phenom II X6 1090T with a graphics card ATI Radeon HD6670. The card has an HDMI port which I am trying to connect with my LCD TV. However, when I connect my Sony Bravia LCD TV, it always says unsupported signal from PC. However, the same TV is working fine with the VGA port of the same graphics card. I tried connecting both the ports simultaneously to my TV so that I can vary the resolution settings each time and see the result on HDMI port. But as soon as I connect the HDMI port along with VGA, all the icons on the system get vanished and I can only see my wallpaper and can do no other operation on the system. Connecting only the HDMI port gives me nothing. I tried changing resolution settings in VGA mode and reconnected using HDMI after removing VGA. But nothing works.

I am using Windows 7 home premium. The manual for my TV says that it supports 480i,480p,576i,576p,720p(50/60 Hz), 1080i(50/60 Hz) and 1080p(50/60 Hz). The HDMI cable and TV was working absolutely fine when I was connecting my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with it. But it is not working with this graphics card. What could be the issue??Please help.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX6xx had a very cool profile, being 28nm draws a lot less power and hence doesn't get heated up much, go ahead, temps will not be an issue, HD79xx has really bad temp profiles.
hmm? :confused:

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6025/47500.png

Pick up GTX 670. Should be 1 or 2K cheaper than 30K.

rahul424

Right off the assembly line
i5-3210M with NVIDIA GeForce GT 640m or i7-3612QM with NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M or i7-3517U AMD Radeon™ HD 7570M with 1GB GDDR5, which one is better??

Please reply :)

koolent

Youngling
The budget OCers dream card it here !!

The MSI HD 7750/OC Dual Fan Edition at SMC for 6.8k !!

Coupled with a CX500 v2, this deal is perfect

Top Bottom