Graphics Cards related queries here.

iVB_Robot

Broken In
Re: Graphics Cards related "general" queries here.

which combo is better
Combo 1 - MSI 5770 Hawk + VX450 = @itwares Rs.11225 (including shipping)
Combo 2 - Saphire 6850 1GB + FSP Saga II 500W = @smcinternational Rs.11995 (including shipping)

i would have bought combo 1 a couple of days ago but my sis had this idea of going to a national park for a holiday and so all of this got postponed and i met with the price of 6850.

And yea i have a C2D E4500 and a LG LCD monitor with a max resolution of 1440x900.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

which combo is better
Combo 2 - Saphire 6850 1GB + FSP Saga II 500W = @smcinternational Rs.11995 (including shipping)

i would have bought combo 1 a couple of days ago but my sis had this idea of going to a national park for a holiday and so all of this got postponed and i met with the price of 6850.

And yea i have a C2D E4500 and a LG LCD monitor with a max resolution of 1440x900.

in that case combo1:smile:

vaibhav23

In the zone

your processor will bottleneck with a 6850.
For a 1440x900 5770 is what you need and on it everything can be played on max

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

it does have a fan slot
it is concealed
remove the front cabinet bezel sidewise to reveal the slot (120mm i guess)
the net-like formation on the front bottom and sides is not for show you know

Although with the front more or less blocked, how much air intake is possible is a big question.

which combo is better

At your resolution and CPU, combo1 seems logical, although the price of combo2 is too close to resist. And VX450 is a better SMPS than FSP Saga, I think.

iVB_Robot

Broken In

At your resolution and CPU, combo1 seems logical, although the price of combo2 is too close to resist. And VX450 is a better SMPS than FSP Saga, I think.

so what are we getting at ? is the bottlenecked 6850 better than 5770 ? and acc. to this *forum-en.msi.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=nh92fqce4bf9o1nf8upk12m786&topic=104805.0 FSP 500W will handle 6850 and even 5770

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

so what are we getting at ? is the bottlenecked 6850 better than 5770 ? and acc. to this Latest graphics card power requirements FSP 500W will handle 6850 and even 5770

FSP Saga will definitely handle the 6850 and 5770 but what I was trying to say is that VX450 is a better SMPS among the two IMO.

Regarding bottlenecks, I myself is experiencing huge bottleneck in Dirt 2 and Crysis 2 with my combo of CPU and GPU. Even running the games at highest settings with 8xAA do little to alleviate it. So you may opt for 6850 if you want, just don't except to hit the numbers that it is actually capable of.

iVB_Robot

Broken In

FSP Saga will definitely handle the 6850 and 5770 but what I was trying to say is that VX450 is a better SMPS among the two IMO.

Regarding bottlenecks, I myself is experiencing huge bottleneck in Dirt 2 and Crysis 2 with my combo of CPU and GPU. Even running the games at highest settings with 8xAA do little to alleviate it. So you may opt for 6850 if you want, just don't except to hit the numbers that it is actually capable of.

hmm......

well , the numbers that the 6850 will hit while being bottlenecked would in any way be better than the max numbers that the 5770 hit ? if yes then i'll go for 6850 , if no then 5770. And yea i've heard that you can unlock a 6850 to a 6870 :D

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Probably not. And you can't unlock 6850 to 6870, its the 6950 which you can unlock to 6970, luck permitting. ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Good decision in the end. Post the pictures once you purchased the same.

clear_lot

Journeyman

it does have a fan slot
it is concealed
remove the front cabinet bezel sidewise to reveal the slot (120mm i guess)
the net-like formation on the front bottom and sides is not for show you know

can you elaborate more about how to do that?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

can you elaborate more about how to do that?

now you've to come over to my home or i have to go to yours to show you :oops:
anyway
notice the front Plastic Bezel of the cabinet?
hold the ridge on the right that separates the plastic bezel from the Metal side cover
hold tight and pull resolutely, and firmly
the bezel should open like a door and close with a click

Okay did my best with Paint
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4697&stc=1&d=1306763133

clear_lot

Journeyman

^
it opened like a door and closed with a click :D.
but wont any fans air be blocked? there really isnt any space for the fan.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

^
it opened like a door and closed with a click :D.
but wont any fans air be blocked? there really isnt any space for the fan.

i dont get you
which fan would be blocked?
just open the bezel and fit a 120mm high cfm CM or Delta fan at the bottom
close the bezel
thats all

clear_lot

Journeyman

i meant that the airflow of the fan will be blocked as in the front there isnt any open space, except for the small mesh.

guess that will have to be tested when i buy a fan.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah, not much airflow is possible with this setup. Its sort of wasted if you really put a fan in front.

clear_lot

Journeyman

the elite310 isnt really a great case.
its mediocre at best.

@funkysourav
i really appreciate your MS-Paint efforts. :D

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Anybody with an Elite 300 series case, please upgrade.There is no other way to get good airflow.

My first CM case was an Elite 330 which was replaced with HAF 932 within weeks of its release.

The 330 became a failed window mod because my parents wouldnt let me use electric drills and dremel kit.

Top Bottom