Graphics Cards related queries here.

Krow

Crowman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Poor guy got ripped... :( What a pinky fake card though! :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Sad..for the buyer. But the box looked fine. Easy to get fooled, since the box looked fine.

Cost-2-Cost, is a huge shop in Nehru Place. In fact one of the biggest. It has big print outs all over the place, with rates of all computer parts. But I am not surprised they cheated / fooled this person.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

I am building a new config shud i go 4 HD 4850 or 4870 or shud i wait 4 DX11 cards:oops:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz

HD5xxx cards are DX11 cards, ain't it? Prices have dropped for all HD5xxx cards at lynx-india! Although ATI is planning for a $20 up in prices on all HD5xxx cards in december!

Krow

Crowman

I would ask all to wait for nvidia's reply before buying a DX11 GPU. IMO all DX11 GPU's are grossly overpriced as of now. We shall be able to see a fall in their prices once Fermi is out.

Hi,
Saturday I got my GPU, XFX GTX 260 @ 11,500/-

Went to buy Zotac GTX 275 but was available for 16K.................:shock:
N palit GTX260 core 216 sonic was not available so decided to get XFX.

sukhoi

Right off the assembly line

Hi,
Saturday I got my GPU, XFX GTX 260 @ 11,500/-

Went to buy Zotac GTX 275 but was available for 16K.................:shock:
N palit GTX260 core 216 sonic was not available so decided to get XFX.

Hi,

I am making a similar buying decision... Just wanted to know... is palit gtx 260 sonic better than xfx gtx260? I am able to find palit in 11K.

Also, I can stretch my budget to get a HD4890, but I am concerned about the PSU i have (tagan tg500-u37). Can it handle HD4890 or gtx275?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Hi,

I am making a similar buying decision... Just wanted to know... is palit gtx 260 sonic better than xfx gtx260? I am able to find palit in 11K.

Also, I can stretch my budget to get a HD4890, but I am concerned about the PSU i have (tagan tg500-u37). Can it handle HD4890 or gtx275?

It can handle the GTX260 but i am not sure about HD4890 or GTX275.. Better buy a GTX260 or get VX550+HD4890...

Palit is worth giving a shot...

dr_jimit

Journeyman

Help me by a new GPU for this system

AMD athlon II X2 240
Asus M2N68 AM PLUS with PCI x16 slot
Kingston 1 GB 800 Mhz RAM ( making it 2 gb shortly )
Umax 450 watt SMPS, " without " any special power connecter for GPU

suggest me a gpu that suits this rig, havent decided budget but the GPU should be optimal mix of money and performance on this cpu.

2 additional points

1. i m planning for a full HD or more res 24 inch monitor for movies/ media centre for my room. SO may need power for HD, and an HDMI slot/ converter.

2. It should play Burnout Paradise:p , and may be GTA 4 ( would like to play if i get time :-o) and it is not for extreme gaming

Please suggest for this use and according to this rig.

Thanks
Dr. Jimit

Last edited:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz

What's your exact budget! 9800GT is good. So HD4770 or GTX 260! All depends on the PSU monitor and the final budget you have.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta

are there any quiet and low power consuming gpu's in the low-medium budget segment ?
by low power I mean something like 50-70w at load.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Darn! Prices have come down so fast! I bought PALiT Radeon HD4850 Sonic for 13k! Now for that amount I can buy a GTX260 :cry:. I ain't buyin' HD5850 'cause when I buy that now, in two months it'll be down to 13k~15k. How's HD5770 or HD5750 for my monitor and the settings of the games that I'm gettin'?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Darn! Prices have come down so fast! I bought PALiT Radeon HD4850 Sonic for 13k! Now for that amount I can buy a GTX260 :cry:. I ain't buyin' HD5850 'cause when I buy that now, in two months it'll be down to 13k~15k. How's HD5770 or HD5750 for my monitor and the settings of the games that I'm gettin'?
Why do you need an upgrade at this stage? What games are causing problems? I'm using the same card with a lower processor than yours and gaming at higher resolutions (1920x1080) without much issues. Unless the game is totally unoptimised, I don't think there any need to upgrade it. Most of the UE3 games run rock solid. Some features can be turned OFF in games to get a good boost, like Ambient Occlusion or Dynamic Shadows. I tuned these 2 off in Borderlands and got a smooth 60fps. MW2 would be using the same engine as it's predecessor, so if the first game was smooth, then expect the second one to be just as good. AC2 shouldn't be a problem as well.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Its a dumb idea to upgrade as of now. especially when you're not facing any problems with your current GPU. Man, i am satisfied with my HD4670. So wait until a game causes your GPU sweat, and buy a new one.:D

Krow

Crowman

Why do you need an upgrade at this stage? What games are causing problems? I'm using the same card with a lower processor than yours and gaming at higher resolutions (1920x1080) without much issues. Unless the game is totally unoptimised, I don't think there any need to upgrade it. Most of the UE3 games run rock solid. Some features can be turned OFF in games to get a good boost, like Ambient Occlusion or Dynamic Shadows. I tuned these 2 off in Borderlands and got a smooth 60fps. MW2 would be using the same engine as it's predecessor, so if the first game was smooth, then expect the second one to be just as good. AC2 shouldn't be a problem as well.
Exactly my views. Why would anybody with a 4850 wanna upgrade now, (unless they have cash to blow away) considering that they already know that all DX11 offerings will be cheaper when Fermi is out. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Well said. No need to upgrade now, unless someone is going for a totally new rig, or changing monitor sizes.

I too turn off the following:

1. Motion Blur
2. VSync (let the system open up)
3. Lower the Anistropy Filtering
4. Occlusion Mapping.

Also:
Do not bench your requirement with Crysis/Warhead. These two games are a one off case.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Phew! Ye guys boosted my morale! Thank you, Ethan, thank you very much, budd :).

@asigh - Yeah, I started playin' Crysis in DX10 & the fps was 19~20! WTF!? Maybe HD5850 will have trouble runnin' Crysis! Crysis 2....... :rolleyes:.

Top Bottom