Graphics Cards related queries here.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Wow...nice set up you will have. The card will come with the Xfire connector, so do not worry about that. Where will you buy your stuff from...?

mostly from amazon, coz I have a prime account there so I get overnight shipping for $4 only.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

can low voltage damage the power supply or g card? i'm using a 600VA UPS.

request RMA for the gfx card.
I'm not sure about what has caused the problem. Your UPS seems to be good enough. And most PSU's are universal input PSU's which means they accept AC voltages from 90v to 230v and high voltages will be removed the UPS. .so i dont think its a voltage issue.

r4gs

In the zone

As far as i can make out, the g card fan is running at full load. The g card itself doesn't seem to have been activated. There is no heat. The fans come on even if 1 power connector is attached (the g card requires 2x6pin), so i guess the fans are running doesn't mean that the cad is running.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ you could try the graphics card in some other PC just to ensure theres nothing wrong with the pcie slot in ur mobo..

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

As far as i can make out, the g card fan is running at full load. The g card itself doesn't seem to have been activated. There is no heat. The fans come on even if 1 power connector is attached (the g card requires 2x6pin), so i guess the fans are running doesn't mean that the cad is running.

I once faced this problem on my old 7600gt agp card on intel 865 board. When i started my system it refused to boot but all the fans ie cpu and gpu were spinning . Later i found out that it was the problem of the psu , with age the psu poweer decreases . Try removing anyother Extra HDD and also unplug the dvd power cord and then try booting , also try removing your card and boot through onboard graphics .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ r4gs - Try clearing your mobos bios setting and see if it helps. Also remove the gfx card from mobo, clean it and put it back again. Attach 2x 6 pin PCI-e powwr connectors to the card not a single one.

r4gs

In the zone

I once faced this problem on my old 7600gt agp card on intel 865 board. When i started my system it refused to boot but all the fans ie cpu and gpu were spinning . Later i found out that it was the problem of the psu , with age the psu poweer decreases . Try removing anyother Extra HDD and also unplug the dvd power cord and then try booting , also try removing your card and boot through onboard graphics .

The PC is booting fine through the onboard graphics. The PSU is also only 4 months old. I don't have any extra HDD or peripherals other than a DVD RW drive.

The PC boots perfectly when the graphics card is connected, i can hear the windows sounds and everything. Only the display doesn't work. I'll check the PSU though.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
@ r4gs - Try clearing your mobos bios setting and see if it helps. Also remove the gfx card from mobo, clean it and put it back again. Attach 2x 6 pin PCI-e powwr connectors to the card not a single one.

I've reset BIOS settings on the mobo. No help. I've tried the second BIOS on the mobo too.

I tried everything with the g card.

I've been using this card for 4 months, obviously the 2 power connectors were attached in that period. I just pointed out the fact that the fans run even with one power connector to show that the g card need not be running even if the fans are.

Last edited:

r4gs

In the zone

I unplugged all peripherals and only left mobo, cpu, g card and fan connectors. It was no use.
Everything is still under warranty but i got t he stuff in bombay. It'll be a few months before i go there again.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

There could be some prob with the PCI-e slot. Check that with a gfx card ( borrow it from friend ). Also if possible try the gfx card on another mobo just to make sure which component is malfunctioning.

BTW, clean the pci-e slot on the mobo and Plug in the card again ( i think you already did that )

r4gs

In the zone

I tried my g card on another PC, however, I had to use my own power supply as the one at my friend's place was inadequate.
It is definitely a problem with the graphics card or PSU.

Yup, already cleaned the slot.

I've contacted the suppliers to see what they have to say.
Thanks for your help guys.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

early benchie of radeon 5770

*www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33953894

I suppose its neck to neck with a 4870. ..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

SH**...that thing is fast.

And it is running cool too. WOW...!

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

I hope the price of 5770 is between 7-8k in india otherwise i will have to go with 5750 , any reviews on 5750 guys , will it be faster then 4850 and gts250 ??

sam_ir

Broken In

can anyone tell me price of Sapphire HD4650 512MB DDR3 card?
I asked that itwares guy but he won't reply to my mails. I read some good reviews about it, or suggest any other card in the same category.:lol:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

can anyone tell me price of Sapphire HD4650 512MB DDR3 card?
I asked that itwares guy but he won't reply to my mails. I read some good reviews about it, or suggest any other card in the same category.:lol:

AFAIK HD4650 comes with DDR2 memory... The Sapphire one comes around 4k.

The better deal would be a Sapphire HD4670 512MB GDDR3 @ 4.5k.

Kicks the 4650 out of the line...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sapphire HD4650 has two version. The 512MB one has GDDR3 but the 1GB version has DDR2 mem.

Sapphire HD4650 512MB GDDR3 :
*www1.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=255

Sapphire HD4650 1GB DDR2 :
*www1.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=259

@ sam_ir- get HD4670 512MB GDDR3 as suggested by rajkumar_pb as it's better than HD4650.

@ sagargv - thanks for posting the bench link of HD5770 :p

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

@topgear

Thanks for the link and info dude... I never heard the DDR3 version of HD4650...:grin:

But the price of HD4650 seems high. Isn't it?

cooldude666666

Broken In

Please suggest me some good AGP based graphics cards which are not much costly, say in the budget of 2k - 3k.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Please suggest me some good AGP based graphics cards which are not much costly, say in the budget of 2k - 3k.

Wait dude. Sapphire is going to release the new AGP line-up of HD4670's. Although it doesn't extract the full potential, it seems to be a better option...

Otherwise a 7600GT is the way to go @ 3k.. Get it if u find it..

cooldude666666

Broken In

Wait dude. Sapphire is going to release the new AGP line-up of HD4670's. Although it doesn't extract the full potential, it seems to be a better option...

Otherwise a 7600GT is the way to go @ 3k.. Get it if u find it..

Yes, I too read it somewhere on the net and after searching i found out that it was available in south africa. Man We are treated backward even to African Countries...huh!

Top Bottom