Graphics Cards related queries here.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Recently I bought a LCD monitor(VX1940w), for this I am looking for a Graphics card that has DVI port. Can anyone please suggest me a Basic graphic card with DVI port as I do not play games much. My motherboard is D101GGC which has PCI Exp 16x slot.

Thanks in advance!!

The link below will give you an idea of various choices from different brands, starting from 1.3K.

*theitwares.com/gfxcards/gfxcards.htm

tkin

Back to school!!

suggest a good graphics card and psu for 10k
GFx Card - Palit HD 4850 @ 8.8k
PSU - Cooler Master Extreme Power 500w @ 2.7k
Total = 11.5k

This setup is most VFM and will be futureproof for 1-2yrs easily.

If your Budget is strict then,

GFx Card - Palit 9800GT @ 7.5k
PSU - Same as above @ 2.7k
Total = 10.2k

rajib28

Right off the assembly line

The link below will give you an idea of various choices from different brands, starting from 1.3K.

Thanks janitha! shall i go for ATI cheapset or Nvidea?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

suggest a good graphics card and psu for 10k
GFx Card - Palit HD 4850 @ 8.8k
PSU - Cooler Master Extreme Power 500w @ 2.7k
Total = 11.5k

This setup is most VFM and will be futureproof for 1-2yrs easily.

If your Budget is strict then,

GFx Card - Palit 9800GT @ 7.5k
PSU - Same as above @ 2.7k
Total = 10.2k

But former option is waaay better.

Karan85

Broken In

from that link ..
between rx1600 pro(256mb) and 7300gt (512mb) both AGP cards .. which will be better ..
both are around the same price .

tkin

Back to school!!

from that link ..
between rx1600 pro(256mb) and 7300gt (512mb) both AGP cards .. which will be better ..
both are around the same price .
You want AGP cards? You never mentioned that in post, anyway 7300GT should be better.

P.S-Are you sure you have AGP slot?

Karan85

Broken In

You want AGP cards? You never mentioned that in post, anyway 7300GT should be better.

P.S-Are you sure you have AGP slot?
yes i'm sure
i have a fx5200 right now . dont have a pci-e slot .. and have a iball lpe223-400 12v17A psu ..

googled 7300GT and its minimum req. is 18A .
x1600pro is the one that suits best on config ..

just wondering if its a good card .. i will upgrade the whole system in a few months , needed something cheap till then

tkin

Back to school!!

yes i'm sure
i have a fx5200 right now . dont have a pci-e slot .. and have a iball lpe223-400 12v17A psu ..

googled 7300GT and its minimum req. is 18A .
x1600pro is the one that suits best on config ..

just wondering if its a good card .. i will upgrade the whole system in a few months , needed something cheap till then
7300GT is better but since you'll upgrade soon X1600pro will do just fine till then.

Upgrade SOON.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

Recently I bought a LCD monitor(VX1940w), for this I am looking for a Graphics card that has DVI port. Can anyone please suggest me a Basic graphic card with DVI port as I do not play games much. My motherboard is D101GGC which has PCI Exp 16x slot.

Thanks in advance!!

geforce 8400GS should do well. buy any geforce or radeon card for less than 2k that has a dvi port . its enough for you.

Karan85

Broken In

this is getting confusing . .
i finally decided to get a x1600pro agp card , called some shop in lamington .. and he says he doesnt have a x1600 but the x1650pro 512mb agp is around 4300

haalp

Karan85

Broken In

what would be a better buy and not an overkill for my sys . (2.93ghz , p4, 1gbddr)

all AGP
gecube x1600pro 256mb (Rs.3950) or a
sapphire x1650 512mb (Rs.3950) or a
sapphire x1650pro 512mb (Rs.4150) ..

the prices are roughly the same .. had decided to get a x1600pro when the shop i called suggested 1650 (he didnt have 1600) ..
on paper x1650 pro should be the best , but they have different makes , so just wanted your opinions

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Get HD3650 AGP,for some 4.5k, it's way better than any of these, and won't be a bottleneck for ur sys.

AbhY

Broken In

I'v been suggested a 9500GT 256MBDDR3 over the DDR2 versions of the same card already over here even though the latter ones are cheaper. But i read somewhere that it's good if the "type" of GFX card RAM matches with your actual RAM of your PC. I have a 1GB DDR2 ram installed in my PC, hence, will like to know if should still be after DDR3 or DDR2.

Karan85

Broken In

Get HD3650 AGP,for some 4.5k, it's way better than any of these, and won't be a bottleneck for ur sys.
ah , i forgot to add that i have a std. psu .. iball lpe223-400 12v17A rail ..
power is around 400W .
1 ram , 1 HDD . dont draw much power anywhere , but still want to get a low power consuming card to be on the safe side .

is HD3650 fine with that , because i checked the min requirements for the x1600 - 1650 and they need a min of 350W psu , which i have

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I'v been suggested a 9500GT 256MBDDR3 over the DDR2 versions of the same card already over here even though the latter ones are cheaper. But i read somewhere that it's good if the "type" of GFX card RAM matches with your actual RAM of your PC. I have a 1GB DDR2 ram installed in my PC, hence, will like to know if should still be after DDR3 or DDR2.

That's not true. for a GPU, the better the ram is, the faster the card will be.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

ah , i forgot to add that i have a std. psu .. iball lpe223-400 12v17A rail ..
power is around 400W .
1 ram , 1 HDD . dont draw much power anywhere , but still want to get a low power consuming card to be on the safe side .

is HD3650 fine with that , because i checked the min requirements for the x1600 - 1650 and they need a min of 350W psu , which i have
Yup, if u r still not sure, u can buy a Powersafe 400W Silver PSU for just 1.2k which handles gpu's upto 9500GT easily.

That's not true. for a GPU, the better the ram is, the faster the card will be.

Absolutely

spidy333

Broken In

I am getting quoted for MSI HD 4850 and Palit HD4850 at same price @ 9.5k.. Which one should I prefer..

Top Bottom