Graphics Cards related queries here.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ritwickgupta: I suggest you go through this article.

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2717&p=1

7600GT is better than 6800GS. It was not available that time in february, otherwise I would have bought it.

As of now, there are no DX 10 cards around. You have to wait until the Geforce 8 series/x2xxx series cards come out.

royal

Padawan

digitized

I called Tirupati yesterday ... they DO NOT have Leadtek cards :evil:

XFX 6800GS is beyond my reach :-|

where can I get Leadtek cards in Kolkata ... can anybody tell me that ???

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

U should rather go for XFX cards in Kolkata .. as after sales services are atleast available. ...

@digitized : Do u really think the 7600GT performs that great ???? Have u ever seen a review that potrays the latest releases to be bad .... the funny part is that in the Anandtech review they've stated that the 7600GT manages 46.8 fps in BF2 while the 6800GS manages 39 fps at 1280*1024 , 4x aa .. simply put .. i've played BF2 at 1280*1024 , 4x aa ,,... my fps barely went below 65 ...!!!! Don't believe those reviews blindly .... upon close interaction with many gruru3d members .... i've found out that the normal 7600GT is quite performing below a 6800GS .. only the oc'ed one's do good .... like the XXX edition .... thats where the actual battle starts out .... u can literally put a 7600GT XXX edition head to head with a 6800GS XXX edition .. the crown literally changing hand quite often ... the 7600GT leading in all synthetic benchmarks .. while the 6800GS pretty much the same in almost all cases .. better in many ...

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

I would say that other than the minimal performance difference, the 7600gt comsumes less power and runs cooler than 6800gs. Correct me if I am wrong.
It's a newer card so must support the SM3.0 and purevideo better than 6800gs. But as deathvirus_me said the real competition begins with the XXX edition.

One of my friends in Bangalore bought Leadtek 7600gt 256mb DDR3 for 14.5K. Don't know the price in Kolkata.

vysakh said:
I thought of creating a new thread but found it

i want the reply today itself so please post today itself by 5pm latest
my dad is going to bombay and so we have decided to get a graphics card from lamington road but i dont know to buy which one. suggest one. here are my specifications

direct X 9.0 compatible
256 MB memory
best performance
budget---6k

please reply immediatley
if possible quote prices from lamington rd
go 4 the pcie 6600gt its good in performance

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/

Guys you really think that 6800GS is a better performer??

Swallow the fact that it doesn't support OpenGL 2.0!!

So upcoming OpenGL2.0 based games will give it a sound thrashing.Even I was planning to get my hands on a6800GS but the release of the 7600GT has made me reconsider.

Can any one post the specs of the 7600GT? Please!!

Gracias

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Hmm ... if Rivatuner states correctly then even my 6600GT supported OGL2.0 instruction set ... and the 6800GS does it well ...

7600GT : 128 bit mem. interface , 525/1400 stock ....
7600GT XXX Edition : 128 bit mem. interface , 590/1600 ....

But truly .. if a game runs poorly on the 6800 series .. the 7600 wouldn't do much better either ...

And remember Chronicles of the Riddick ??? The very widely faced problem on OpenGL2.0 supporting cards ???

technohunk

Right off the assembly line

kaustav_geek said:
Guys you really think that 6800GS is a better performer??

Swallow the fact that it doesn't support OpenGL 2.0!!

So upcoming OpenGL2.0 based games will give it a sound thrashing.Even I was planning to get my hands on a6800GS but the release of the 7600GT has made me reconsider.

Can any one post the specs of the 7600GT? Please!!

Gracias

Visit this website of Brand called forsa.... I just got a 7600GS and it really rocks .... www.geniman.com.hk .....the distributors of this card in India is shree sagarmatha dist. pvt. ltd. as mentioned on the box of the card .....i bought if for Rs. 7800/- ... and they told me that 7600GT will be avalibale next week Rs. 10.5 k ...cool price man ....and 7600gs has a zalman cooler ....

royal

Padawan

Visit this website of Brand called forsa.... I just got a 7600GS and it really rocks .... www.geniman.com.hk .....the distributors of this card in India is shree sagarmatha dist. pvt. ltd. as mentioned on the box of the card .....i bought if for Rs. 7800/- ... and they told me that 7600GT will be avalibale next week Rs. 10.5 k ...cool price man ....and 7600gs has a zalman cooler ....

hey man...is this for real :mrgreen:

That's really cool price man :-D

technohunk I dont know where you stay but could you please gimme contact details of shree sagarmatha dist. pvt. ltd. ?

Can any member/mod throw some light upon the quality of this brand :p

Last edited:

technohunk

royal said:
hey man...is this for real :mrgreen:

That's really cool price man :-D

technohunk I dont know where you stay but could you please gimme contact details of shree sagarmatha dist. pvt. ltd. ?

Can any member/mod throw some light upon the quality of this brand :p

contact sagarmatha at the below no's 22-23065114, 98674577885 ...go to techcomindia.com their website u can see the card photos and specs ...

u can see techtree forum also for their cards taken by one gaming enthusiast ...forsa is a brand registered with Nvidia and stable ...

royal

Padawan

technohunk

thanks for ur prompt reply :)

I read reviews of FORSA cards ... seems another "XFX" is in the making :cool:

meanwhile could u post 3D Mark scores as well as FPS rates of games such as FEAR/DOOM III etc...

BTW,is this card overclockable :confused:

technohunk

royal said:
technohunk

thanks for ur prompt reply :)

I read reviews of FORSA cards ... seems another "XFX" is in the making :cool:

meanwhile could u post 3D Mark scores as well as FPS rates of games such as FEAR/DOOM III etc...

BTW,is this card overclockable :confused:

No you cannot overclock much ......but i can tell u its 15-25 % faster than a 6600GT.......I will let u know the test results as soon as possible ......

royal

Padawan

hey I found this link ...

some guy got a score of 3790 with 3D Mark'05 ...

digitized , deathvirus_me , john_the _ultimate and all other graphics gurus ... is this respectable score for a 7600GS :confused:

I wish DIGIT carries a review of FORSA very soon :)

steelwin

Broken In

suggest me a new graphics card , for the following details

Budget: around 2000
processor : pIII
board: intel 810 chipset

Have one pci slot empty, i dont know whether i can go for pci-express or AGP

please suggest a nice one

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

38k's for 7900GTX XXX edition ??? And the rashi peripherals still haven't updated their website. . a 6800U for 55k's .. lol ... .. but just a general advice. .. stay away from the 7900 series .....

Top Bottom