Graphics Cards related queries here.

bal1961

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

ASUS M2NPV-MX ACPI
ADM ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 3600+
BUILT IN nvIDIA GEFORCE 615O(128mb)
MONITOR ACER 19"
i like to upgrade my video card to latest one..
can u recommend with highest and lowest cost video card..
i am using for surfing and gaming..
thanks

hash!!

________

i dunno if this is the wrong thread, but anyway, here goes, i just bought a 19" dell widescreen... it has a max res of 1440x900, which is kinda big, im used to workin on small screens... i used to work @ 1152x864 on my 15" monitor, and 1440x900 is kinda huge... when i tried changing the resolution on the 19" to 1680x1050, it made made my desktop scroll, as in, the entire desktop didnt fit on the screen, i had to move my mouse to the corners to scroll to the view the parts that were outta the screen... i hope you get what i mean...
i basically need to tweak this... probably make my desktop res 1680x1050 and make it lock on the screen...
any ideas?

xbonez

NP : Crysis

8400GS is alright for vista as well as movie watching....defintely not for gaming though....can't say anything about sparkle

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

hash!! said:
i dunno if this is the wrong thread, but anyway, here goes, i just bought a 19" dell widescreen... it has a max res of 1440x900, which is kinda big, im used to workin on small screens... i used to work @ 1152x864 on my 15" monitor, and 1440x900 is kinda huge... when i tried changing the resolution on the 19" to 1680x1050, it made made my desktop scroll, as in, the entire desktop didnt fit on the screen, i had to move my mouse to the corners to scroll to the view the parts that were outta the screen... i hope you get what i mean...
i basically need to tweak this... probably make my desktop res 1680x1050 and make it lock on the screen...
any ideas?

First tell me the max. resoulution your LCD support. I guess like most of the 19" supports 1440X900. Always use the maximum resolution for best possible view. The above mentioned 1680X1050 is higher resolution than ur LCD sports so its obvious it will not show the entire screen. Check your display properties>settings tab>check max. resolution.
Should work for u!

bal1961 said:
from lower 2000 to upper 6000/=
thanks..

Consider 8600 GT if it is only and only for gaming. If u are into designing stuff and gaming, then go for ATi.

Jags said:
I feel so weird saying this..
anything around 1k ??
I dont care how outdated it is..it shud just be compatible with my board and shud be able to play some movies and stuff.
I wud have went for an onboard graphix mobo..but cudnt find a gud one.
thats why im asking for soemthing "jiss se buss kaam chal jaye" ;)

Buy a used 5200FX, possibly will get it for 500-800/-

codename_romeo said:
can neone tell me is sparkle 8400GS worth buying??????? gettin it at 3k

Little more bang for ur buck, should be around 2.6-2.8K for this card.

Last edited:

hash!!

________

ummm... i already mentioned the max res... its 1440x900... my crt had a max res of 1024x768, but i managed to fit 1152x864 on it... i wanna do likewise on my 19"ws.... 1440x900 is kinda small... i like my desktop with lotsa space lolz....
i've tried everything available in the display settings, like disable the "hide modes that my monitor cannot display", etc etc etc... its just that when i switch to 1680x1050, my desktop starts panning, like i have to scroll to the parts by taking the cursor to the corners of the screen...
i wanna fit 1680x1050, or whatever the next in line proportional resolution to 1440x900 is...

vista__n00b

Broken In

Hello, I just upgraded my system from a Intel 915GLVG + 1GB DDR RAM to Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2 Rev. 6.6 + 2GB DDR2 RAM.

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate on it as the "Vista Upgrade Advisor" did not complaint of anything. Now, the problem is that it is very slooooooooow.

Now, I just want to run Windows Vista Ultimate on this system so I have to buy a graphics card. Please tell me which cheapest graphics card can run Windows Vista Ultimate in its full glory? Please help me :(

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

^
Get 8400 GS within 3 K all inclusive. Thats enuff to run Windows Vista.

vista__n00b

Broken In

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

Can you tell me your views about 7100GS and 7300LE as well? Please tell me how these three cards fair against each other? I don't play many games so 8400GS supporting DX10 doesn't mean much for me. I just want great functioning of Vista Ultimate, Windows Media Center and play lots of AVIs.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

no reason at all for u to go for the 7100 or 7300....not only will the 8400 perform better, it's also better for vista

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

vista__n00b said:
Thanks a lot for your reply :)

Can you tell me your views about 7100GS and 7300LE as well? Please tell me how these three cards fair against each other? I don't play many games so 8400GS supporting DX10 doesn't mean much for me. I just want great functioning of Vista Ultimate, Windows Media Center and play lots of AVIs.

dont go by any chance for 7100GS / 7300 LE. Go for 8400 GS if budget low. Otherwise 8600 GT 256 mb GDDR3 ( not the 512 mb GDDR2 one ). It will be abt 6 K all inclusive.

Dont know abt 7100 but 7300 LE is a poor performer. It also has shared video memory upto 512 mb. Means it will share your ram memory.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

vista__n00b said:
Hello, I just upgraded my system from a Intel 915GLVG + 1GB DDR RAM to Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2 Rev. 6.6 + 2GB DDR2 RAM.

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate on it as the "Vista Upgrade Advisor" did not complaint of anything. Now, the problem is that it is very slooooooooow.

Now, I just want to run Windows Vista Ultimate on this system so I have to buy a graphics card. Please tell me which cheapest graphics card can run Windows Vista Ultimate in its full glory? Please help me :(
For Vista Ultimate at its "full glory", u gonna requirea good graphics card like the min. should be 8600 GT not less than that. Vista require dedicated graphics to run all 3-D effects on and everything maxed and u gonna require 4GB RAM to enjoy the best of Ultimate with maxed out settings!

My suggestion is to get 8800 GT to use all the cool stuff u wanna run but 8600 GT will do the thing!

ALso u didn't mentioned the processor u have, i guess a C2duo? or atleast a E2140 overcloked to 2 GHz min.

Last edited:

lnkrishnan

Broken In

Dude - is your new monitor an LCD one? If so, you cannot display it at anything other than the native resolution of the new LCD monitor? Anything resolution other than the native-resolution will make your display look like crap, or will force the display to pan, or both. Widescreen resolution displays typically cant be forced to display resolutions outside of the widescreen format (means, you can't get a display 1440x900 to display 1024x768 or 1680x1050).

hash!! said:
ummm... i already mentioned the max res... its 1440x900... my crt had a max res of 1024x768, but i managed to fit 1152x864 on it... i wanna do likewise on my 19"ws.... 1440x900 is kinda small... i like my desktop with lotsa space lolz....
i've tried everything available in the display settings, like disable the "hide modes that my monitor cannot display", etc etc etc... its just that when i switch to 1680x1050, my desktop starts panning, like i have to scroll to the parts by taking the cursor to the corners of the screen...
i wanna fit 1680x1050, or whatever the next in line proportional resolution to 1440x900 is...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

hash!! said:

Yeah well in monitor u can adjust the screen size like u did in ur monitor but messing up with LCD will end up like nothing like lnkrishnan had already mentioned u can't!
The best is to have the max. supported resolution supported 1440X900 for ur LCD!

manoj7777777

Right off the assembly line
Need a Entry level PCI card from a list of 4 cards

Hi Guys,
Am planning to get an entry level PCIe card for my comp. after lotsa googling I have shortlisted 4 cards.. but still having a tough time to zero in on one :confused:

expected usage:

* Gameplay @ 1024 x 768 x 32 (no AA and AF) (DX 10 and HD are optional )
* Occasional DVD ripping
* Occasional 3D Studio max rendering.

Choices:

1. 7600 GS
2. 8400 GS
3. 8600 GT
4. HD 2600 XT

Any other options other than these cards are also welcome...

Can you help me in making an educated choice???

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Re: Need a Entry level PCI card from a list of 4 cards

manoj7777777 said:
Hi Guys,
Am planning to get an entry level PCIe card for my comp. after lotsa googling I have shortlisted 4 cards.. but still having a tough time to zero in on one :confused:

expected usage:

* Gameplay @ 1024 x 768 x 32 (no AA and AF) (DX 10 and HD are optional )
* Occasional DVD ripping
* Occasional 3D Studio max rendering.

Choices:

1. 7600 GS
2. 8400 GS
3. 8600 GT
4. HD 2600 XT

Any other options other than these cards are also welcome...

Can you help me in making an educated choice???
Gameplay @1024 * 768...hmmm..u havent mentioned your budget..
From your list, 8600 GT is the choice.

ASUS EN 8600 GT will do everything u mentioned and it can run COD4 @ higest settings on 1024*960 without AA :p but dont expect to run crysis on highest settings on 1024*768 but it will look decent

If possible, get ASUS EN 8600 GT in SLi

lnkrishnan

Broken In

Ahem - when I mentioned that the LCD display will look like crap, I meant that the fonts will look all wrong and wierd - the LCD can only display fonts properly at its native resolution - anything outside, and it will not look proper.

But I didn't quite understand what you tried to say... can u pls elaborate?

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Yeah well in monitor u can adjust the screen size like u did in ur monitor but messing up with LCD will end up like nothing like lnkrishnan had already mentioned u can't!
The best is to have the max. supported resolution supported 1440X900 for ur LCD!

Top Bottom