Graphics Cards related queries here.

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hey there's not much difference............zebronics, leadtek, xfx, Big, MSI, etc r the companies who work for NVIDIA its all up 2 u which 1 u trust between these companies........so always think ask people and then buy we all are here to help u..........

xbonez

NP : Crysis

^^not true man! there's a slight diff. for eg. companies like MSI, leadtek and zebronics make good gfx cards but companies like XFX and eVGA make superb cards. their cards are always slightly more expensive but that's coz they use better components and stuff which make them more resilient to oc'ing. as for BIG, i've heard a lot of negative feedback about them

Third Eye

gooby pls

xbonez said:
^^not true man! there's a slight diff. for eg. companies like MSI, leadtek and zebronics make good gfx cards but companies like XFX and eVGA make superb cards. their cards are always slightly more expensive but that's coz they use better components and stuff which make them more resilient to oc'ing. as for BIG, i've heard a lot of negative feedback about them

Absoultely correct,xfx and evga cards generally perfoms better.;)

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever

yaa tht y i told 2 wait for the correct feed back......and i'm also going for XFX 8600GT coz they really give better performance

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

well frm wat i've heard palit , zebronics etc. . use chinese PCB which may break down after 1-2 yrs and they dont OC very well . but however zebronics if offering 3 yrs warranty so i think its safe , but i wud avoid palit . and xfx , evga , bfg ( only xfx has a good market in india ) make PCB and other components of higher quality ( thats wat i've heard ) and hence they last longer and OC better .
now i will be contradicting my own statement . most other guys in this forum having 8600GT frm other brands ( other than xfx ) have low temps and are happy , but my xfx 8600GT is overheating and now i am wishing i shud have bought the cheaper BIG 8600GT ( although i'm getting my g-card replaced next month ) . but beleive me , its not just me having this problem . although there are other members in this forum have their xfx 8600 working just fine , i've seen people having xfx 8500 and 8600 in other forums landing with the same problem( i've read the post of 4 dudes) . so its quite upto u . from reputation xfx wud be the choice , plus remember that xfx gives warranty even if u use a aftermarket cooler ( or something like that i read ) as long as nothing is burnt. .

Kalyan

Journeyman

Hi there,, I just need to know one thing. Does the 8500 or 8600 cards run the dx 9 games better than or atleast same as that of 7900 or so. What is the difference between the 8 and 7 series? 8xxx are entry level and 7xxx series are in the ending level. Which would be the best bet in which condition? I hv posted my config before. anyway here it is: (amd 64x2 5600+ on Asus M2NPV-VM Transcend 1GB 800MHz RAM)

Third Eye

gooby pls

Kalyan said:
Hi there,, I just need to know one thing. Does the 8500 or 8600 cards run the dx 9 games better than or atleast same as that of 7900 or so. What is the difference between the 8 and 7 series? 8xxx are entry level and 7xxx series are in the ending level. Which would be the best bet in which condition? I hv posted my config before. anyway here it is: (amd 64x2 5600+ on Asus M2NPV-VM Transcend 1GB 800MHz RAM)
7900gs/gt/gtx and all other 79 series cards performs better in Dx 9 games.8600gts is nearly equal to 7900gs but sometimes performs pathetic.Either choose 8600gts or 7900gs

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

frogonfloor said:
*www.freewebs.com/abdulmustak/delhipricelist.htm

frm here i got pricelist for delhi

what is different between nvidia 8500 gt and 8500Gt (Zebronics)

geforce8500GT is the chipset over which different manufacturers build g-cards. but however nVidia itself doesnt manufature g-cards , it manufactures chipsets which xfx , zebronics , evga , leadtek etc . . use to build g-cards . amd ( preveiosuly ati ) manufatures chipsets like x1900 , hd 2600XT etc.. saphire and other companies produces g-cards using these chipsets .but however AMD itself manufactures g-cards also using their own chipsets . .

Kalyan

Journeyman

Would I benefit waiting one or two months? When would you expect the prices to come down? and still you keep me in dilemma.
Either choose 8600gts or 7900gs

123asd

just checked price 8800gts 320mb costs 15500 wow man its that cheap
i also think the 8900 series is gonan come out in a few months since the specs are already out
theyre making this card to drool over, 8950gx2!!!!!!!! with 2 gig memory i think or maybe 1.5
and the 8800 series is gonna have a price drop, significantly
sources
*news.softpedia.com/news/NVIDIA-Strikes-Back-With-New-GeForce-8900-Series-47233.shtml
*www.tomshardware.com/forum/237270-33-news-geforce-8900
*forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=129309
*www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37655
be happy

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever

123asd said:
just checked price 8800gts 320mb costs 15500 wow man its that cheap
i also think the 8900 series is gonan come out in a few months since the specs are already out
theyre making this card to drool over, 8950gx2!!!!!!!! with 2 gig memory i think or maybe 1.5
and the 8800 series is gonna have a price drop, significantly

:shock: show me the link........

Third Eye

gooby pls

Kalyan said:
Would I benefit waiting one or two months? When would you expect the prices to come down? and still you keep me in dilemma.

Waiting for pc hardware is not good because sooner or later your video card will become obsolete,but not so early:D.If you want good performance in dx 9 games,get a 7900gs(offcourse it performs well in dx 10 based games) as it is cheaper while comparing to 8600gts or stretch your budget to 15000 for the monster 8800gts320mb.:cool:

casual_gamer

In the zone

frogonfloor said:
AGP CARD
nVidia-FX 6200 128MB Rs.1550

nVidia-FX 6600LE 256MB Rs.3000

nVidia-FX 6800XT 512MB Rs.3450
guys, out of these 3 cards plz suggest me a card for p3 800mhz, 484mb ram. My main requirement is to play racing games in low settings. From these 3 cards, i am looking forward to buying FX 6200 128mb, its cheap, so i am wondering if its a 64bit card?
If it is indeed 64bit, then i won't buy it. Are there any Ati 128bit cards within 2k range?

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever

casual_gamer said:
guys, out of these 3 cards plz suggest me a card for p3 800mhz, 484mb ram. My main requirement is to play racing games in low settings. From these 3 cards, i am looking forward to buying FX 6200 128mb, its cheap, so i am wondering if its a 64bit card?
If it is indeed 64bit, then i won't buy it. Are there any Ati 128bit cards within 2k range?
go for nVidia 6800XT 512MB but instead of 512mb go for 265mb coz ur ram is too low 512mb or better increase ur ram.......

Third Eye

gooby pls

casual_gamer said:

Your processor will seriously bottleneck the 6800XT coupled with RAM:rolleyes:.Get 6600LE,but you still won't get full performance.

dr_jimit

Journeyman

Please anyone can tell me Where can I get

XFX
8800GTX
768MB

[not the ultra / XXX one, the Plain GTX]

at the " LOWEST PRICE" in Mumbai
with full warranty
[Not that cheap imported one with no warranty]

One dealer at Lamington Road gave me price of Rs. 34,320/-
[i haven't done any negotiation for price]

And please tell me if anyone knows if Zebronics Bijli cabinet will easily fit with this Huge card on Intel DG33BU motherboard?

Please help me,
Thank You,

Dr. Jimit

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

yup . for atleast another 2 yrs . otherwie that game will have very limited customers .

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum

wtb agp or pci express card ....
pl also give gcard info (name ,price ..if u know)................for .8v to 1.5v
for asus a8v mx mobo

p_d5010

Journeyman

Hi,
There is a topic here for converting XFX 8600GT to 8600GTS:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64927&highlight=8600gt

How much safe is it to do this thing? I am buying xfx 8600gt this week and think to do this, but at the same time scared to do so....coz i think 8600gt has resistors,capacitors etc etc. of one specific voltage range and temperature range. Overclocking this way may get them damaged(if my logic is right).
But at the same time I want to get better framerates than the original card gives.
So please tell me what should i do........waiting is also an option for me.
My budget for gfx card remains fixed at 8k. Want to play Lost planet and crysis on my 19"lcd at descent details.
Also, how much would my AMD 3000+ (939pin) bottleneck the card?

Top Bottom