Graphics Cards related queries here.

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hey frnd i have 256MB nvidia 6200TC with 512MB DDR.......and about 2 upgrade it to nvidia 7300GT 256MB well my motherboard support PCI-E 16x......can u plz tell me is there any problem with my RAM coz it doesnt support DDR2, 3, 4.......mine is just DDR....plz help me........plzzzzzzzz

Motherboard Model no: ASUS P5GL-MX
CPU : P4 S775, 2MB cache, 800FSB

Last edited:

arun_chennai

tech mighty

hi RAM's DDR is Different to video cards DDR...so u can use DDR2/DDR3 graphics with DDR RAM.....no problem.....but consider buying 7600GT at least
to have a performance boost....

mukherjee said:
Friends,
I am in for a real upgrade.
set aside around 7.5k for the GPU.
Goin in for a 8600GT frm XFX.
Wat wud be te avg price around in kolkata?

8600Gt performs close to 7600GT only.....so save the money and go for 7600GT at the price of 5.75....or else push ur budget to 9k and get the 7900GS....8600GT is simply waste of money for 7.5K......

Last edited:

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever

but i have heard that DDR Socket doesnt Support DD2/DDR3 tht means i cant upgrade my Graphic card 2 XFX 7300GT or 7600GT....:confused:

Phalanx

Broken In

yogi_7272 said:
get e6400 - 10x multiplier - should do 3 ghz
mobo is fine
ram - kingston value ram 667mhz - 5 yrs warranty
gf- galaxy 8600gt oc ..

Jus to get the facts straight : E6400 has an 8X multiplier, although it will still overclock easily to 3Ghz provided the mobo is decent...

@mukherjee

There is a very minute performance difference betwween the E6300 and the E4300... So considering the prices of both, E4300 is definitely more value... Also E6320 has 4 Mb L2 cache , so this will help in games but then the overall performance gain over 6300 (and thus 4300)wont be substantial...So out of the 3 proccys you are considering E4300 has the best value... The money u saved here can be invested in getting an 800Mhz ram instead of a 667 one... That will not only boost the performance of your system in general but also will help in overclocking... Incidentally the E4300 is known to be a great overclocker...Read this *www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=2903... Even the E6XXX series overclock brilliantly but its the price diff that tilts the balance in favour of E4300...
So in my opinion, E4300+800Mhz Ram will give similar if not better performance than E6300/6320+667Mhz Ram, especially during overclocking...
In the end whatever u buy, u will have a great system...:D

As far as XFX 8600GT is concerned, someone in this forum quoted it @6800+TAX in Kolkata... So happy buying:)

xbonez

NP : Crysis

^^ddr slots wouldn't support ddr2 ram modules. it has nothing to do with ur gfx card. u can use ddr2 or even gddr3 gfx cards since they'll be running on ur pci-e slots

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever

xbonez said:
^^ddr slots wouldn't support ddr2 ram modules. it has nothing to do with ur gfx card. u can use ddr2 or even gddr3 gfx cards since they'll be running on ur pci-e slots

Thanxs alot to solve my querry......tht was a big relief for me :lol:

xbonez said:

Thanxs alot to solve my querry......tht was a big relief for me :lol:

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

How is the new Radeon HD 2900XT.
Heard it is comparable to 8800Gt.
Whats the price and is it good Value For Money card ?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^Don't mind....
First of all there is nothing like 8800 GT, its actually 8800 GTS & it is in 2 versions 320 & 640 MB.
The 2900 XT is 512 MB but its almost comparable to 8800 GTX, although its not that Kicka** when compared to 8800 GTX but smoked 8800 GTS (640 MB) straight. And i believe its outrageous to say that a 512 MB card is almost near to 768 MB card. I just wonder what its gonna do when it comes in DDR4 & 1 GB of Memory?

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

Intel_Gigacore said:
Is there any good AGP 8x Card within 2000 Rs?, please suggest
ya get the 256 mb...fx 5200 fr around 1700 bucks...or get the 6200 tc:D

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

^ ya it is backward compatible. and which is best 256 mb FX 5200 or 6600 tc?

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

Intel_Gigacore said:
^ ya it is backward compatible. and which is best 256 mb FX 5200 or 6600 tc?

dood its 6200 tc....te 6200 is better since it has sm3 support.....but its very slow...i mean underpowerfull.:)

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever

Ambar said:
dood its 6200 tc....te 6200 is better since it has sm3 support.....but its very slow...i mean underpowerfull.:)

yaa Ambar i agree with u coz i too have 6200TC and this card is not worth for the latest games...........:( so i m plannin' to upgrade my Graphic card........

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

Intel_Gigacore said:
^ then what about 256 MB FX 5200
then again u dont get sm3 support......if u want a card on a budget....get the zebronics 7600gs or gt...if more lower....then go for..7300gt....around 3k..:D

Top Bottom