Graphics Cards related queries here.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

freshseasons said:
I think sensibly placing one fan for intake and other for the exhaust should be the best configuration!
Still 8 fans must look wow..!
One more thing i am confused ?
Should i go for 8600GT or 7900 GT ?
I mean though 8600 has Dx10 will it be even able to play the games in those setting and be justice to the same.
I dont want it to cripple down in Dx10 only to have it revert back to Dx9 mode.
Say what ?
Yes i would suggest u not to take hands on an 8600gt or GTS both are worthless cards.They have been crippled with only 32 Stream Processors.I would suggest u to go for an XFX Geforce 8800Gts 320mb(Rs17300).

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

Harvik780 said:
Yes i would suggest u not to take hands on an 8600gt or GTS both are worthless cards.They have been crippled with only 32 Stream Processors.I would suggest u to go for an XFX Geforce 8800Gts 320mb(Rs17300).

Thanks for the suggestion. But the price difference is huge i mean between 8800 GTS and 8600 (or 7950) .
So should i wait for ATI's new card that are supposed to launch or should i dive in for this card.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

freshseasons said:
Thanks for the suggestion. But the price difference is huge i mean between 8800 GTS and 8600 (or 7950) .
So should i wait for ATI's new card that are supposed to launch or should i dive in for this card.
No don't go for ATI
Reasons-
Software based antialiasing
Very less Games are optimised
Slow shader clocks
Very slow hardware shadow maps

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

Thanks Harvik...
Its Nvidia for me now..!Wow didint knew ATI indulges in Software based antialiasing. That must really be so slow..!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

8600 gt is not a worthless card
it can run oblivion on everything max at 1024x768
that is pretty good performance at its price ya know
freshseasons u can go for 8600 gt but i would prefer the 7900 if u dont watch hd content and dont plan on changing to vista or dx10
go for 8800gts if u can afford it
the ati series arent that bad but they are definitely nothing in compare of the mighty and powerful nvidia or so to speak xfx here. xfx modifies the cards so u get better than ati. i would go nvidia all the way but money money money, i wish i had a job but im only 13 and i would be underaged
and is 1 fan pretty enough for a 8800gtx dudes

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I don't think the Geforce 8600gt is a mid range card its a rather lower end midrange product.It's the 8800gts that can be called mid range.Well though people say that Colin Mcrae dirt is a bad port the 8800 GTS runs its fine at 1024*768 but believe me the 8600gt is hardly able to run it(gives 0-2 fps).The 8 series from nvidia has underpowered mid range products just like there were in the 6 series so i suggest if one has to buy then buy the 9 series mid range products.Also tell me the reason one should buy 8600gt.With it being under-powered i doubt its performance in upcoming ports like Gears of war.Doesn't one buy the mid range product keeping in mind that it should support and run all the games at decent resolutions for the next 2 years.I had bought the 6600 and it barely did that so with 8600 i can hardly qualify it to say that its a good mid range product.Also calculation suggests that and 8600 should have had 48 shader processors.I certainly would suggest one to go for atleast 320mb 8800GTS if one wants decent gaming for the next 2 years.Also oblivion is a current gen game not a next gen one like crysis and Unreal 3 or Gears of war.Never say anything in a hurry.

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

entrana said:
i would prefer the 7900 if u dont watch hd content and dont plan on changing to vista or dx10
go for 8600gts if u can afford it
All the machines that i use , including this laptop runs Vista.!So i have already changed to Vista months back.
8600 i can afford but what Harvik780 says is true.
I have seen the previews of the games such as crysis and Unreal 3 or Gears of war. And i will want to play them at all cost.
I have played Doom 3 and if i have to play it again i may just as well play Quake 3 .
Whats the point if one has to miss the latest games.
To buy the gun and not having a blast is worse than not actually owning one!
:D

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

sure dude but not everyone has enough money or isnt willing to spend 16k on a gts if you are then u dont have to ask go buy one
wo i didnt know 8600gt was that bad nvidia really does do a bad job just wants the cash(goddammit)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
sure dude but not everyone has enough money or isnt willing to spend 16k on a gts if you are then u dont have to ask go buy one
wo i didnt know 8600gt was that bad nvidia really does do a bad job just wants the cash(goddammit)
Well i already have a 640mb 8800 GTS
:D

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

BULLZI said:
Xfx 8800 Gtx Xxx Extreme Version Video Card Nvidia 768mPrice: US $245. 00 Specifications GPU / VPUh NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX Maximum Resolution2560 x >>>
Kamatsutech
Singapore

now wht is tht??

*www.alibaba.com/trade/search?Type=...uct_en&CatId=707&srchLocation=&srchYearMonth=

guys i just recieved three of the cards i had ordered...for a total of 35000 bucks incuding delivery charges.!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

omg...i never thought that this would be true and they havent charged my credit card as yet!!!!...im gonna sell of one and use the other two in SLI...:p

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

Ambar said:
guys i just recieved three of the cards i had ordered...for a total of 35000 bucks incuding delivery charges.!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

omg...i never thought that this would be true and they havent charged my credit card as yet!!!!...im gonna sell of one and use the other two in SLI...:p

in how much price do u wish to sell?

and dont i deserve a 'Thanx ' for my info:(:D.

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

BULLZI said:
in how much price do u wish to sell?

and dont i deserve a 'Thanx ' for my info:(:D.
ya re BULL u do deserve a BIGGG THANKXXX...ne ways guys the third card is sol...my close frnd bought it frm me fr 20000 bucks..:p

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hey those guys arent replying to me i wanna buy top
hey ambar which site did u buy from im from some company called stardhint something like that is that the one

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Hey guys, can anyone tell me the price of the following graphics card.

XFX 8400GS

Asus EN8500GT SILENT/HTD/256M

Asus EN8500GT/HTD/256M/A

Price is a main concern so anything higher is not required, just a DirectX based graphics card for Windows Vista with 256 MB RAM.

I will go for 512 MB RAM model if the price difference is within Rs 500.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

guys suggest me a graphics card for medium gaming with medium settings

budget 4k....plzz some one !!

how about a 2nd hand 6600 GT ??

how is 8500 GT

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

guyz suggest good graphics card for 20k budget !!!
i know 8800 GTS but what if there is a better one 1 ATI stable ??

xbonez

NP : Crysis

aks_win said:
guys suggest me a graphics card for medium gaming with medium settings

budget 4k....plzz some one !!

how about a 2nd hand 6600 GT ??

how is 8500 GT

u could look for the 7300gs. it'll fit ur budget and performs reasonably well

Top Bottom