Graphics Card Help

dib

Broken In
3 years ago I bought a XFX 8500 GT graphics card with Rs.4600.Last month there was a problem with the graphics card and I submitted it to the service center (it was under warranty period).When I visited the service center they said my card is not repairable and they can't replace it as 8500 GT is out of maket.
Then they said I have two options.
1>If I pay them Rs.750 they will give me a brand new XFX ATI Radeon 4350 graphics card
or
2>If I pay them Rs.1500 they will give me a brand new XFX NVIDIA 8800 GS graphics card
Now...please advice me what should I do?

ssb1551

Technomancer
:D..Yeah I guess it was a long shot.I recollected one incident where 1 forum member was paid some "money", not money per se but some kinda cash, for his damaged 8600/8800(not sure which 1 of the two).Then he put in some of his own cash & got a better card.So just thought it might work out with OP too.But like you said - it aint gonna happen.
So what do you think?Should OP go for 8800GS?

OP
D

dib

Broken In
I did not bought the psu separately...It was bundled along with the cabinet which is from IBALL

OP
D

dib

Broken In
thank u all!
Please tell me is XFX GT240 better performer than 8800 GS?
Also suggest me a good PSU which I should buy to run higher-end graphics cards??

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
they are equal but GDDR5 version of GT240 is little faster.
look at Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k. its the best futureproof solution considering you will get descent processor, graphics card in future.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
8800GS = 8800GT + less performance + extra power hungry.
GT240 (roughly) = 8800GS + requires very low power & runs cool, silent (coolest).

for GT240, suggestion is to change the PSU to a minimum of FSP Saga II 350W/Gigabyte 400W. for highend cards, as jassy suggested. Corsair/Seasonic 450W & upwards (till your pocket can handle the load).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ op

If you don't want to spend much in psu, then stick with sam's suggestion. Fsp saga II 400 should be the sweet spot and will cost 1.8k.

Gt240 is a great choice so try to get your hands on it.

Top Bottom