Graphics Card fro 1366x768 @ max settings

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Yes, at stock & for casual OCing also. Btw what are your specs ?? The extent to which you can OC your GPU will depend on the power your remaining rig consumes.

My current Specs:-
C2Q Q6600 @2.4 GHz
Intel mobo (cant figure out its exact model)
2GB DDR2 Kingston RAM
250GB Seagate HD

Expected Upgrade:-
4GB DDR3 RipjawsX
HD 7850
A Good Cabinet
PSU
Logitech G100 Combo

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
C2Q Q6600 @2.4 GHz
2GB DDR2 Kingston RAM
250GB Seagate HD

4GB DDR3 RipjawsX
HD 7850
A Good Cabinet
PSU
Logitech G100 Combo

CX430v2 is enough.

Naxal

Little Kid
C2Q Q6600 @2.4 GHz
2GB DDR2 Kingston RAM
250GB Seagate HD

4GB DDR3 RipjawsX
HD 7850
A Good Cabinet
PSU
Logitech G100 Combo

how will u upgrade RAM in a DDR2 board without changing it ??

Myth

Cyborg Agent
^^ There might not be any substantial performance gain using a ddr3 ram with 775 socket.
ddr2 is best suited for q6600.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Dunno about Warhead buy my friend is getting 45 -47 FPS FPs in 1080p with AMD x4 processor (Medium-High settings AA turned off(Cause it lows fps)

Anyways we are going off topic
With the AA turned off, fps is bound to shoot up. (BTW u didnt mention the game)
Rightly said, we re going OT.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
BF3 it is, but yeah his CPU is at 4ghz not to mention lol.
@OP If your budget is about 15k or less better get HD 7850 Power edition Oc'd version.

koolent

Youngling
Coming on-topic, I think the best choice as many have suggested is get the following:

HD 7750 OR
HD 6870 (if available) OR
HD 7850.

Basically, the 7xxx series will even lower the power consumption and the heat generated. So, it will be wise to get:

Corsair CX430 v2

And I'd also say that get everything locally or from "non-flipkart" websites i.e. Techshop AND ITWares AND ITDepot

You might get reasonable rates there too.

For a tip, the PSU upgrade is hell of necessary as VIP can never provide what you get from Corsair. I have the CX430 v2 and a HD 6770, running awesomely awesome!

All I want to say is, spending a little more to help your GPU not starve and consequently DIE, upgrade your PSU first as both are interdependent.

Happy gaming :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not possible? :(

Then please suggest me a budget board that will support Q6600 & DDR3 at once... :)

^^ There might not be any substantial performance gain using a ddr3 ram with 775 socket.

for the motherboard price you can get 2x 2GB DDr2 ram easily which is sufficient for gaming.

Naxal

Little Kid

I disagree.

I was running (2 x 2) 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 MHz DDR-II with my Q6600 under XFX 650i but when the motherboard died, I purchased G41 Combo of Gigabyte having support for both DDR-II and DDR-III

I started with existing DDR-II and later purchased DDR-III (1333 MHz) and found indeed there is improvement in over all performance of the system.

Top Bottom