Graphics card for AGP 4X

Status
Not open for further replies.

soham

In the zone
Can anyone please suggest a decent graphics card for my intel 845 motherboard with AGP 4X slot . :)

shovik

Banned
You can get 4X AGP cards such as ATI Radeon 7000 (64MB)-Rs.927/-, Club-3D Radeon 8500 LE (64MB)=Rs.1,252/-, Matrox Millennium G550 Dual (32MB)=Rs.1,159/-, Matrox Parhelia 512GPU 128Mb DDR DVI Tvout AGP4X.

All these are AGP 4X compliant. You can go for them..

Regards,
Shovik.

bukaida

In the zone
Most of the AGP 8X cards are backward compatable which means you can run them at lower speed.
Shovik u could easily add this line :)

Last edited:

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
bukaida said:
Most of the AGP 8X cards are backward compatable which means you can run them at lower speed.
:)

exactly i m using ati radeon 9200 se 128mb
on intel D850 MV board which only supports 4x agp
where as my agp is capable of runnig at 8x

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Some 8X card do work with 4X slots....but....the performance is not the same......U will be wasting a lot of performance and money!!!

invincibul

Broken In
I have an ASUS A7N266-VM Motherboard, AGP-4x Slot, 512 MB DDR RAM, 300W intex power supply, I bought a BIG GeForce 6200 256 MB 64-bit 3d Card. I dont know if my computer supports it. I tried putting it into the AGP 4x slot. The Computer did not boot up at all, but the fans were working. When I removed the Graphics Card, the System booted up.

Please Help

bharathbala2003

why need title?
invincibul said:
I have an ASUS A7N266-VM Motherboard, AGP-4x Slot, 512 MB DDR RAM, 300W intex power supply, I bought a BIG GeForce 6200 256 MB 64-bit 3d Card. I dont know if my computer supports it. I tried putting it into the AGP 4x slot. The Computer did not boot up at all, but the fans were working. When I removed the Graphics Card, the System booted up.

Please Help

omg man how many places wil u post?????????

yes 8x are backward compat. but as he said its a waste of money n performance.. get the club 3d its decent enuff..

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
8X is backward compatible, I think, get any 8x/4x card preferably mentioned with 4x as well.
Anyway what rig do you have?

I doubt you will be able to play anything decently with that old a rig anyway, not much of a point, you will need to upgrade everything.

bharat_r

In the zone
You can use an 8x card.
It means that the card is supported by speeds upto 8x.
Like 48x CD-Writer can write CDs labeled 52x but at 48x speed.
Similarly 8x cards work at 4x speed on 4x AGP slot.

papai_mcc

Broken In
go for geforce fx5200 or 5700.fx 5200 runs in AGP4X surely,(i had used it in AGP4X).Check it before buying fx5700,though most probably it also runs

indian

Broken In
I have the same intel 845 motherboard with AGP 4X slot and using xfx 6200 with 256 mb and its working fine.so i think you can go for xfx 6200

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Two cards that I can confirm running on this motherboard are the Geforce FX5200 and the ATI Radeon 9600(Non-pro verison) cards.Some of the newer lot of AGP 8X cards are doubtful on running due to AGP voltage regulations.Do check before you buy a mid end card like 6600GT.The bandwidth loss won't be that high but still you'll get a decent amount of performance provided you have sufficient ram to compliment the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom