Graphics card and HD playback issues.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pure Video Decoder is a free download or what? Completely forgotten about it.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
^Will check that out,

Meanwhile I bought the monitor :D, there was a DVI cable included in it, it looked like this:-
*www.datapro.net/images/dvi_ds.gif

I bought one which looks like this,
*www.datapro.net/images/dvi_dd.gif

Which one of them should I use?

Also when I scroll pages in the browser, the page doesn't scroll up/down smoothly,
It scrolls like when no display drivers are installed?
Even when I minimize and maximize explorer it sort the window sorts of freezes for a second or two before its contents are displayed.

Last edited:
OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
^Yup, even normal res vids are pretty choppy and resizing them while playing completely freezes the video playback.

Weird, when I use Aero themes the scrolling and video playback is smooth,

But when I use basic themes, the problems occur.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^Will check that out,

Meanwhile I bought the monitor :D, there was a DVI cable included in it, it looked like this:-
*www.datapro.net/images/dvi_ds.gif

I bought one which looks like this,
*www.datapro.net/images/dvi_dd.gif

Which one of them should I use?

Also when I scroll pages in the browser, the page doesn't scroll up/down smoothly,
It scrolls like when no display drivers are installed?
Even when I minimize and maximize explorer it sort the window sorts of freezes for a second or two before its contents are displayed.

Here u go:
Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have u installed the correct drivers

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pure Video Decoder is a free download or what? Completely forgotten about it.

this product is too old last version : 1.02-223 released on : June 28, 2006

you can grab a 30 day trial copy from here ;-)

NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder

Cilus

laborare est orare
Use guru3d Driver Sweeper (now available in softpedia) to remove all the nvidia Graphics card drivers. Then install the latest driver for your card...don't install the latest nvidia driver, only install the latest one recommended for your card.

Now Download SPlayer and enable GPU Acceleration in the setting. Start playing video with it.

mitraark

Decrepit
Also , do not install more than one codec Pack. My recommendation would be to Only use K-Lite COdec Pack . Also try KMPlayer it is really the best Player out there in my opinion , lots of features + internal codecs that work like a charm.

I have Onboard 7025 and it handles 1080p Videos easily , so 7300 would surely have no problem, GPU Power wise.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^is it that good?
I am using MPC + FFD codecs for years now. IMO, gives the best possible quality playback.
Currently, i am using MPC x64 with DXVA. The player still have few issues with matroska and mp4 container files!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^is it that good?
I am using MPC + FFD codecs for years now. IMO, gives the best possible quality playback.
Currently, i am using MPC x64 with DXVA. The player still have few issues with matroska and mp4 container files!

I consider it to be the best Media Player available for PC and I consider GOMPlayer to the second best ;-)

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
I'm able to playback 720p at around 50% CPU usage in GOM and MPC, does this indicate partial GPU decoding? *Latest WHQL Forceware)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if GPU decoding is enabled your CPU utilization should not cross 15-20% but your cpu utilization has decreased from previous with the latest drivers anyway and videos are playing smoothly - right ;-)

BTW, Have you tried NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder - try installing it and follow the steps correctly to configure it and then let us know how much cpu utilization is there when playing 1080p HD vids.

Top Bottom