Graphic Designer Laptop Within 45-55K INR.[Urgent]

Hrishi

WEll , my friend is looking to purchase a laptop tommorow morning from Nehru Palace.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
=>45-52000 INR at Max.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen or better.
Looking for a FHD display with Matte finish.The display quality is a priority since graphic editing is main purpose.
1366x768 is acceptable , but FHD can be better.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP,DELL,SONY VAIO
b. Dislike:ACER/ASUS

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
=>Graphic Designing applications like MAX,MAYA,3Ds,Adobe PhotoShop ,etc.
Movies and Little bit of Gaming.
AutoCad ,etc.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
atleast HD display , FHD will be better though.
Matte if possible.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
THe laptop should have 3hr+ battery life , not too heavy neither too light weight.
Build quality should be firm and durable.No to delicate builds.
SOund quality should be above average.
Purcahse location : Nehru Palace,Delhi.

Current selection :
Dell Inspiron 15r Special edition.
Samsung Series 5 550p.
Sony Vaio CB45.

The Specs I am looking forward for is :
Intel Core I5/I7 3rd Generation Processor with Atleast 2.2Ghz base frequency.
4GB or more DDR3 ram , atleast 1333Mhz.
1GB+ DDR3 or higher graphic card. [Confused between Nvidia and AMD ]
Good touchpad and backlight keyboard.
15.6"+ display.

I need some urgent suggestion bearing the fact that is will run high-end graphic based application. Also good looking laptops are preferred. :)

Thanks.

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
In your requirement, you should have budget of min 75K... because Your Min requirement is I7 and a FHD comes at above 75K.

The spec you specified is a high end laptop and the only nearest match is SVS15116GN : S Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

In your requirement, you should have budget of min 75K... because Your Min requirement is I7 and a FHD comes at above 75K.

The spec you specified is a high end laptop and the only nearest match is SVS15116GN : S Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Thanks for your suggestion Sanjay , but you should have a thorough look at my post.
I have mentioned Core I5 as well as Core I7 in choice.
Also I mentioned it that a FHD can be great , but not mandatory.

What about Samsung 550p and Sony CB45 , they are within 55K , and that too with FDH.

There are lots of choices , but I need a good pick for the purpose of designing.

clmlbx

Technomancer
me myself as I designer I can definitely say .. laptop is not at all good choice for designing work, biggest reason because of so small screen.. have you used the apps you mentioned they all need very good screen space.. plus you need good screen space for your canvas..

Desktop is much more recommended from my side and with your budget you can get a good one..

Try to talk to your friend about this before buying...

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

me myself as I designer I can definitely say .. laptop is not at all good choice for designing work, biggest reason because of so small screen.. have you used the apps you mentioned they all need very good screen space.. plus you need good screen space for your canvas..

Desktop is much more recommended from my side and with your budget you can get a good one..

Try to talk to your friend about this before buying...

Thanks for your suggestion @CLMlbx , actually I also insisted him for getting a desktop assembled rather than a laptop. However portability was his main concern.
He is going to begin his course in MAAC , so he thinks it would be easy for carrying around the notebook here and there.

Then finally the idea of Using an External 20"+ monitor and input devices finally stuck into the brain.
I am not sure how much it will enhance the productivity though , but still it will be good deal if he purchases a FHD monitor.

clmlbx

Technomancer
FHD ok but what about screen space.. screen size will be same 16-17. Spec wise it will be good for Designing. but what about 3D apps like max, maya, zbrush, mudbox.. even 45K is not enough for those apps..If buying laptop.. check GPU before buying..

more cons will be no upgrade possible and once he starts max, maya he will start his hunger for good higher specs..

so again I will suggest a Desktop where changes are very flexible against lappy but do what suits you best.. :|

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
I am fully agreed with @clmlbx but if your friend anyway needs a laptop then in my opinion the one I mentioned is the minimum. You may think of I5 but believe me those all mentioned are processor-hungry apps and i5 (2 chore/4 threads) will not be sufficient for those in the long run. But if anyway you need a laptop then I cannot recommend less than what I recommended in my post. By the way, screen space is a big issue while designing on laptop and FHD is min 1920*1080 (Link) and not 1600*900 as in Samsung lappy. Rest is on you and your friend...

One more suggestion, don't buy in hurry, wait and understand then go for it at last...

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

Purchased : Samsung 550p @56,900 From Nehru palace.
Core I7 version.

Thanks all for your advice.

Top Bottom