Graphic card under Rs. 20000

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartless

Broken In
Hi guys,

Before you say anything, I just want you to know that I've read the other threads and did a google search. Now, I'm even more confused than I was before. So, here I am, asking you for your help.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Corsair CX600

2. What is your budget?
Ans: Rs. 20000. Please try to stick to this budget because there will always be a better card if I spend a little more.

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: 1080p.

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans:
CPU - i5 3570k.
Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO+
Motherboard - ASUS Maximus V Gene
RAM - Corsair 8 GB DDR3 (Sorry, I don't remember the exact model.)
Cabinet - Cooler Master HAF 912
Monitor - Dell U2312HM

I just want a VFM card that will last me 2-3 years. I'm using displayport now. So, if the card doesn't have a displayport, please mention which cable I need to buy. If you need anymore details, I'll be happy to provide.

Thank you!

D

Deleted member 118788

Zotac GTX 760 2 GB DDR5 AMP Edition @ 19.8K
ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GTX 760 2GB DDR5 AMP EDITION (ZT-70402-10P - ZT-70402-10P - - 22,199.00)

If you can extend your budget by 3K then you can get a R9 280x which is a much faster card than the 760 as it is competing with the GTX 770

OP
H

heartless

Broken In
The HIS R9 280X doesn't have a regular DP. So, I'll have to buy a mini DP to DP cable which would cost around Rs. 1600 - 1700. Looks like I'll have to stick to GTX 760 or get a pricier R9 280X :-x

Anyways, thank you all for helping.

The HIS R9 280X doesn't have a regular DP. So, I'll have to buy a mini DP to DP cable which would cost around Rs. 1600 - 1700. Looks like I'll have to stick to GTX 760 or get a pricier R9 280X :-x

get Asus GTX 760 DCII OC edition. It has a display port.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

just check the accessories it comes with. even my 7770 came with dvi to vga and mini dp to dp converter.

OP
H

heartless

Broken In
just check the accessories it comes with. even my 7770 came with dvi to vga and mini dp to dp converter.

No such luck here. Newegg.com - HIS iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock H280XQM3G2M Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Few things I would like to get clarified before I make a decision.

1) HIS website mentions "750W (or greater) power supply with two 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended". So, will my PSU be able to handle it?

2) The card seems pretty big. Will it fit properly? FYI, I have a mid tower case.

3) Which card will run quieter among the HIS R9 280X and ASUS GTX 760 DCII OC? I know this one's hard to answer. Hoping for replies from actual users of these cards, if any.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
No such luck here. Newegg.com - HIS iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock H280XQM3G2M Radeon R9 280X 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Few things I would like to get clarified before I make a decision.

1) HIS website mentions "750W (or greater) power supply with two 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended". So, will my PSU be able to handle it?

2) The card seems pretty big. Will it fit properly? FYI, I have a mid tower case.

3) Which card will run quieter among the HIS R9 280X and ASUS GTX 760 DCII OC? I know this one's hard to answer. Hoping for replies from actual users of these cards, if any.

1) 280x will work with your psu.

2) measure the distance... which cabinet do you have? exact model please...

3)HIS cooler is better.But asus will be better at rma-ing.

OP
H

heartless

Broken In
1) 280x will work with your psu.

2) measure the distance... which cabinet do you have? exact model please...

3)HIS cooler is better.But asus will be better at rma-ing.

2) I have Cooler Master HAF 912.

3) That could be a crucial thing later on.

OP
H

heartless

Broken In
I stumbled upon this when I was looking into ASUS R9 280X. Apparently, this is a common problem for all R9 280X but ASUS seems to be the most affected by it. Any ideas?

OP
H

heartless

Broken In
I see so many negative reviews about ASUS GTX 760 DCII OC here. You can filter the reviews to show only 1 egg or 2 egg rated ones. Also, I find so many complaints about 760 crashing on a google search. I'm really worried to get one now. Any thoughts/suggestions?

OP
H

heartless

Broken In
^ those are user reviews and so can be completely ignored. Read reviews from reputed and reliable sources.

I disagree Harshil. I value their opinion more than a reputed review website's because they are the actual users, like you and I. If you see the reviews, most of them are verified owners. So, there's no reason to ignore their reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom