Graphic Card suggestion

bonny

Right off the assembly line
Ofcourse 5670 will support 19x10 resolution but at what settings you are playing the games, does matter. I am using CRT monitor + HD4670 and i can play GTA 4 @ 1024x768 but the FPS will dip down to <10 fps. When i change the resolution to 800x600 it will go to a decent 20+ fps. Now you understand that my card can handle that resolution, but the playability is questionable. So anyday if medium/hardcore gamer, get a decent mid-range offering rather than entry level card.

Got the point.

you are right, for CRT its useless. but for my spec. the card seemz ok u knw.
i hv got i7 950, asus sabertooth x58, 4gb ddr3 ,a 22" benq lcd and hd5670..as u knw.
so games lyk far cry 2 and crysis 2 runs smoothly on my pc...! :)

fps comes around 40 to 60..i guess. no lagging..coz i hv played both the games with high resolution.
for that price..the card is great.

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Hello Again,

Finally I purchased 3 new things,

1. Coolermaster 600W - 3.5k
2. MSI R5770 - 6.8k
3. Gigabyte G41 - 2.5k

I chosen HD 5770 because 6850 is worth 10k and Mobo drag my budget for 5770.

Everything is fine, But things are not running like what i expected.

Let me tell you the whole scene, I installed XP, all gears and drivers. Now system is running smoothly like never before ;) DVI gave more more clear graphics.
Then i installed 2 games POP FTS and NFR Undercover, POP ran bit slower but game was playable but undercover is running like I dont have any Gcard installed, I got sad so I decided to check Driver versions and I found that Drivers are outdated Version was 6.0 something, I go through MSI website and download latest drivers V 8.6 (175MB) something for XP, now my POP is running good also undercover running better than before but I still having FPS problem in undercover.

I wanna play Hot Pursuit and GTA4 and I am sure this situation wont help me to play those games.

I am sure that issue is Driver so i looked AMD.com for drivers and found this ATI Radeonâ„¢ Video Card Drivers I can see driver versioon is 11.3 here, I am confused that size is only 50MB.
Now my questions are.
1. If 11.x version released then why MSI distributing 6.x and why they didnt updated 8.x greater on their site?
2. This issue is driver related or not?
3 After spending this money will I able to play such games?

I am shattered :( please help me out here.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hello Again,

Finally I purchased 3 new things,

1. Coolermaster 600W - 3.5k
2. MSI R5770 - 6.8k
3. Gigabyte G41 - 2.5k

I chosen HD 5770 because 6850 is worth 10k and Mobo drag my budget for 5770.

Everything is fine, But things are not running like what i expected.

Let me tell you the whole scene, I installed XP, all gears and drivers. Now system is running smoothly like never before ;) DVI gave more more clear graphics.
Then i installed 2 games POP FTS and NFR Undercover, POP ran bit slower but game was playable but undercover is running like I dont have any Gcard installed, I got sad so I decided to check Driver versions and I found that Drivers are outdated Version was 6.0 something, I go through MSI website and download latest drivers V 8.6 (175MB) something for XP, now my POP is running good also undercover running better than before but I still having FPS problem in undercover.

I wanna play Hot Pursuit and GTA4 and I am sure this situation wont help me to play those games.

I am sure that issue is Driver so i looked AMD.com for drivers and found this ATI Radeonâ„¢ Video Card Drivers I can see driver versioon is 11.3 here, I am confused that size is only 50MB.
Now my questions are.
1. If 11.x version released then why MSI distributing 6.x and why they didnt updated 8.x greater on their site?
2. This issue is driver related or not?
3 After spending this money will I able to play such games?

I am shattered :( please help me out here.

You should've purchased Corsair VX450W instead of that CM 600W. Anyway congo for the purchase.

1. Don't rely on distributors site. They will not update drivers very frequently. So better download drivers from ATi site itself .. ( AMD Graphics Drivers & Software – Download the latest drivers for your graphics products )
2. Might be driver issue coz you are using pretty old drivers. Try update 11.x and see if that helps.
3. You can play these games easily. What's your monitor resolution?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait till tomorrow for the driver update. AMD will publish the 11.4 Catalyst drivers which are supposed to be much much better than 11.3. And never rely on manufacturer's site for driver updates. And before installing the current driver uninstall the MSI drivers.

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Resolution is 1920x1080
Ram - DD3 2GB
OS- Windows XP
CPU- C2D 2.93

After installing driver version 11.3 I see clear graphics. POP TFS is running more smoother now, but Undercover still sucks even i drop resolution it still giving me 5-7 FPS

I guess there is an issue with the game, I am crawling around game stores to get GTA IV bcoz its out of stock right now, lets see what happen when I install other games.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Resolution is 1920x1080
Ram - DD3 2GB
OS- Windows XP
CPU- C2D 2.93

After installing driver version 11.3 I see clear graphics. POP TFS is running more smoother now, but Undercover still sucks even i drop resolution it still giving me 5-7 FPS

I guess there is an issue with the game, I am crawling around game stores to get GTA IV bcoz its out of stock right now, lets see what happen when I install other games.

Undercover, better download some fix/patch/updates.

Try flipkart.com for GTA IV/EFLC

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Resolution is 1920x1080
Ram - DD3 2GB
OS- Windows XP
CPU- C2D 2.93

1. Install Catalyst 11.4 which has been released yesterday.

2. Download the latest patch for Undercover (v 1.0.1.18) from here:-

*dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=nfsu_v1.0.1.18_enus.zip&ref=ps

Piyush

Lanaya
yup...11.4 is a must and so is patch updates of undercover

11.4 seem to have solved lots of problems this time
in other words latest driver from AMD are good this time

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Will give a try tonight, flipkart allow cash on delivery?

I can see this everywhere "Out of Stock", Now this situation is forcing me to use pirated version ;)

anyway I'll try to get Original game rather using pirated.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Will give a try tonight, flipkart allow cash on delivery?

I can see this everywhere "Out of Stock", Now this situation is forcing me to use pirated version ;)

anyway I'll try to get Original game rather using pirated.

Try landmark, will take order and they will get the game within a week and notify you.

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
I bought brand new GTA IV, but I am Getting extremely low fps.

I dropped effects from High to Low and resolution 19x10 to 1024x768 then 800x600 but still low fps.

I cant even play the game

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
well, it sounds different. Even with my E7400+4670 @ 800x600 i am getting playable FPS. Which OS are you playing it?

arko1983

In the zone
I bought brand new GTA IV, but I am Getting extremely low fps.

I dropped effects from High to Low and resolution 19x10 to 1024x768 then 800x600 but still low fps.

I cant even play the game

gta 4 is cpu intensive but its playable with ur current cpu. i think ur system have some issues ie virus,driver issue, etc

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
I suspect that my processor is devil, Its performing badly

I did a test on windows 7 hardware ratings, RAM,GPU,HDD got 7+ score and CPU got only 2.7

What should I do now? Overcloacking or CPU replacement ?

Top Bottom