Graphic Card suggestion

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
*img.tomshardware.com/us/2007/07/13/should_you_care_about_hybrid_hard_drives/samsung-hm16hji-top.jpg

As i said earlier, all HDD's comes with specs written on top side of the HDD. Just like the above one. Here you can see the details.

I guess WD wont show this information *www.hafeezcentre.pk/ads_images/1294393307_su82/hc129722047574.jpg

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Look at MDL, it's like WD1000BB-32CCB0

Here the 32 means, 32MB buffer. (Guys, correct me if i am wrong)

And @OP They will not mention it just like Buffer : 32MB, it will be hidden along with any of the serial number or whatever number is there. We have to check it carefully. :D

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Look at MDL, it's like WD1000BB-32CCB0

Here the 32 means, 32MB buffer. (Guys, correct me if i am wrong)

And @OP They will not mention it just like Buffer : 32MB, it will be hidden along with any of the serial number or whatever number is there. We have to check it carefully. :D

Thanks,

How important is motherboard in gaming?

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
I play movies in MPC and VLC, quality sucks on 720p but it looks good in my laptop.

Graphic Card is gonna improve quality of movies as well?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Thanks,

How important is motherboard in gaming?

Much like proccy/GPU/PSU. You simply can't pair a low-end mobo with uber high end Proccy. A decent mobo will come with lot of features which seems like small, but will be useful.

Good mobo = Original CF/SLi (Pure x16 mode PCIe slot, Guys Correct me if i am wrong)

Also Lots of Memory Lanes with higher speeds, and blah,blah, blah.

I play movies in MPC and VLC, quality sucks on 720p but it looks good in my laptop.

Graphic Card is gonna improve quality of movies as well?

Yes, GPU will play an important role in video. For a smoother HD playback, a decent HTPC card needed.

bonny

Right off the assembly line
hmmm....well my suggestions are that u should hv consulted first before buying the new rig. :) dnt feel bad coz i went through a crysis dis bad too once. the thing is after a year or two, the gaming world wll out-run ur current pc spec. again! den wat will u do?? thatz the real question....!
neway ur current spec is good enough to run all the games at present. The only things missin are a good Graphics Card, Storage Module and A Power supply Unit.
Listen carefully then you wont hv to spend much....
1. Graphics Card - XFX Radeon HD5670 [1GB DDR 5]
-yes the very same Graphics your friends suggested. this is by far the best G.Card in the indian markets now...its cheap,its dd5 technology, its 1GB, and doesnt use an external power source! (around Rs.5600)
2. HArd Disk - WesternDigital 1TB sata-2(around Rs.2700-tax free)
3. SMPS- get the Corsair TX650W. it might be a bit pricey but its a wise choice because in future you can avail its features. it hs al kids of outputs,supports SLI and Crossfire for graphics.multiple ports for hdd's.( its around Rs.6400)

and any querries u can contact me.

happy gaming...

hmmm....well my suggestions are that u should hv consulted first before buying the new rig. :) dnt feel bad coz i went through a crysis dis bad too once. the thing is after a year or two, the gaming world wll out-run ur current pc spec. again! den wat will u do?? thatz the real question....!
neway ur current spec is good enough to run all the games at present. The only things missin are a good Graphics Card, Storage Module and A Power supply Unit.
Listen carefully then you wont hv to spend much....
1. Graphics Card - XFX Radeon HD5670 [1GB DDR 5]
-yes the very same Graphics your friends suggested. this is by far the best G.Card in the indian markets now...its cheap,its dd5 technology, its 1GB, and doesnt use an external power source! (around Rs.5600)
2. HArd Disk - WesternDigital 1TB sata-2(around Rs.2700-tax free)
3. SMPS- get the Corsair TX650W. it might be a bit pricey but its a wise choice because in future you can avail its features. it hs al kids of outputs,supports SLI and Crossfire for graphics.multiple ports for hdd's.( its around Rs.6400)

and any querries u can contact me.

happy gaming...

What the hell?? :|

did i say anything off the topic here???...i guess this is the best spec. u can offer to the guy here.
:)

Not off-topic. But your info is misleading. Better configs can be suggested. You cannot spend less and get great gaming performance.

5670 is not "by far the best G.Card in the indian markets now".
it is a previous-generation, entry level card. not recommended for highly enjoyable gaming.

a storage device is not a measure of gaming performance.

a PSU can only be properly chosen when one is sure of the GPU that one is gonna buy.

bonny

Not off-topic. But your info is misleading. Better configs can be suggested. You cannot spend less and get great gaming performance.

5670 is not "by far the best G.Card in the indian markets now".
it is a previous-generation, entry level card. not recommended for highly enjoyable gaming.

a storage device is not a measure of gaming performance.

a PSU can only be properly chosen when one is sure of the GPU that one is gonna buy.

yeah...the points u mentioned are realy justifiable. But we should not forget the options this guy has...thats y i mention earlier that year or later the guyz currrent spec ll expire...!
there are many awesome cards available with the latest technology...u can afford wid good money! as long as the money is an issue..u cannot but help choose the cheapest n best. thatz wat i told him.
and ya you are correct wid wat you said.
PSU depends on ur graphics as its the main priority..
but if he follows that den he ll hv to buy everytime if he buyz a new G.C.
650W is fair enough for a PSU....wat u say?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
yeah...the points u mentioned are realy justifiable. But we should not forget the options this guy has...thats y i mention earlier that year or later the guyz currrent spec ll expire...!
there are many awesome cards available with the latest technology...u can afford wid good money! as long as the money is an issue..u cannot but help choose the cheapest n best. thatz wat i told him.
and ya you are correct wid wat you said.
PSU depends on ur graphics as its the main priority..
but if he follows that den he ll hv to buy everytime if he buyz a new G.C.
650W is fair enough for a PSU....wat u say?

WTH, He is not having a user high specs and even a VX550W is too much for that rig. For just running 6850+his rig FSP Saga II 500W or VX450W is enough.

And finally, he already concluded what he needs.

bonny

WTH, He is not having a user high specs and even a VX550W is too much for that rig. For just running 6850+his rig FSP Saga II 500W or VX450W is enough.

And finally, he already concluded what he needs.

guess i missed dat....coz i replied prior 2 his 1st post...!!!! :)
neway ya VX450W is enough...!!! but i mentioned it 4 future use..since he is a gamer. coz l8r he might get a G.C. which ll need above 450 or 500W...!!!
datz why getting 650W with a few extra cash wont harm u...!! :)

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Thanks for you suggestion bonny, as rajkumar said I already took decision.

As you said gaming world will out run my current spec after a year or two so installing a costly SMPS is not a good idea, I should stay with 500W as its much cheaper than 650W, 5670 is good GCard but it supports 1600x900 resolution and I am having 1900x1080 here, thats why 6850 is being a best option for me.

Last edited:

bonny

Thanks for you suggestion bonny, as rajkumar said I already took decision.

As you said gaming world will out run my current spec after a year or two so installing a costly SMPS is not a good idea, I should stay with 500W as its much cheaper than 650W, 5670 is good GCard but it supports 1600x900 resolution and I am having 1900x1080 here, thats why 6850 is being a best option for me.

5670 supports 1920 x 1080 resolution. I use it,so can tell you that. Neway 6850 is a better choice over 5670,dat you have already bought it. :)

happy gaming.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
5670 supports 1920 x 1080 resolution. I use it,so can tell you that. Neway 6850 is a better choice over 5670,dat you have already bought it. :)

happy gaming.

Ofcourse 5670 will support 19x10 resolution but at what settings you are playing the games, does matter. I am using CRT monitor + HD4670 and i can play GTA 4 @ 1024x768 but the FPS will dip down to <10 fps. When i change the resolution to 800x600 it will go to a decent 20+ fps. Now you understand that my card can handle that resolution, but the playability is questionable. So anyday if medium/hardcore gamer, get a decent mid-range offering rather than entry level card.

Got the point.

Top Bottom