Graphic card Stops responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick_zone

Broken In
HI, i have Gforce 4400 series graphic card, p4 2.4ghz, 512 ram, whenever i play games like Bad boys, NFS, motogp3 within 15-20 min. my whole games screen goes to minimize, resolution changed at low like safe mode & a error appears
'' graphic card stop responding '' thats all. so guyz can you suggest me what should i do >??

saikibryan

Journeyman
after the message does ur pc stop? i mean hangs? or reastarts? or ur game window just minimizes...details plz

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ya, i know that one with some 'nv4 display driver has encountered some illegal operation'. And quits to desktop with 16 colours[not 16 bit, but only 16 colors]. U cant open nvidia control panel at that time and it says H/W missing..

First take out the card and clean its connectors with soft cloth and alcohol. Boot in safe mode and uninstall previous driver of nvidia from ADD/Remove pgms.
Restart and install latest forceware.
This might do.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
It might be an overheating issue. See to it. or Try upgrading ur cards drivers.

I cant figure anything else than this 2 things

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Shasanka_Gogoi
the card is so stable at high temps that it cud even run fine of 120c+ temps. So no way of heating.

OP
V

vick_zone

Broken In
saikibryan said:
after the message does ur pc stop? i mean hangs? or reastarts? or ur game window just minimizes...details plz

ya its true, my game windows just minimizes & after a min, my monitor turns off
to get display back i needs to restart my machine everytime.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Those 8x.xx series drivers were loaded of these problem.So try latest drivers....Man that a lot of heat 120 deg C!!!Wonder ur card must be on carbon fibre chip & actually GOLD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom