I have to buy a Graphic Card which should be enough for
- Average gaming
- High Def Movies
- Windows Vista

Pentium 4 1.7 GHZ, 2GB DDR Ram.

Motherboard is
- ASUS P4GE - MX ( 2004 Model )
It has 3 PCI and 1 AGP Slot (4x, 1.5v)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard Specs
------------------
*www.superwarehouse.com/Asus_P4GE-MX_Motherboard/P4GE-MX/ps/431717
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Budget would be around
- 3500-4000k

I know it's old , But could not get the motherboard updated due to some circumstances.

Please suggest some of the best graphic solutions according to the motherboard specs and compatibility.

All the suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
You should be mention your Power Supply Unit/SMPS too.

For that budget, get a Palit HD4650 512MB GDDR3 SUPER @ 4.4k

OP
S

speedrider_100

Broken In
You should be mention your Power Supply Unit/SMPS too.

For that budget, get a Palit HD4650 512MB GDDR3 SUPER @ 4.4k

I have
Quantum
Power Supply
Model - SMPS P-IV 300k
AC INPUT 230/115VAC 50/60GHZ 2.5/5A
Fuse Rating: F5A 250VAC

I just got a card from a friend here,
It's Zebronic Geforce Fx 5500 (AGP 8X 256MB /DVI )
I installed it, connected my LCD through it.
It installed correctly, but now the computer itself restarts. However , safe mode works as there is definitely an issue with the graphic card compatibility.

I am running Windows XP and Windows 7 , have the same problem on both the OS's.

Could it be a problem that I have an AGP Slot with only 4X compatibility? and the card goes upto 8X?

I have AGP Slot (1.5v 4X)

I don't have a PCI Express Slot , It's PCI, should i go for PCI GC?
Please suggest.

^Errr...He has a AGP motherboard.

Ya i have an AGP Slot built in. I no, it's old.

Any suggestions, should i go for a PCI card?

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
PCI cards are extinct & no use of getting one either. Going by your configuration I think if some AGP cards still exist then try getting hold of em. The older 6 series of Nvidia AGP cards would suit your config. I'm not sure of their pricing (or their existence) but check for someone selling them. You can get them at a cheap rate. My friend recently got a Nvidia 6800XT for like 500 bucks from a person who was clearing his old stuff out. So you'll have better luck with used stuff rather than a new one.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Sorry about the AGP err.

Well, check www.npithub.com

I saw a 6800XT or 6800GT selling for a pathetic Rs. 2800, you can buy that, it's a sure performer.

BTW, 'm not totally aware about AGP 4x and AGP 8x, but I know they are backward compatible, so I think you'll work the AGP 8x card(mabe cuz it takes lesser Voltage), wait for some other comments.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
found two GPU which which fit your requirements. ATI Radeon X1550 512MB and nVidia 7300GT 512MB. Both around 4K. Since you want AGP i mentioned only 512MB GPU's. There are some 256MB GPU's available also. But at this time they are of no use.

Best thing... try for an upgrade!!!

OP
S

speedrider_100

Broken In
PCI cards are extinct & no use of getting one either. Going by your configuration I think if some AGP cards still exist then try getting hold of em. The older 6 series of Nvidia AGP cards would suit your config. I'm not sure of their pricing (or their existence) but check for someone selling them. You can get them at a cheap rate. My friend recently got a Nvidia 6800XT for like 500 bucks from a person who was clearing his old stuff out. So you'll have better luck with used stuff rather than a new one.

Hey Thanks for the Reply,

I have found Zebronics Geforce FX 5500 , It installed but now my Comptuer restarts as soon as i get the desktop.

- Once I connect my LCD into the inbuilt VGA port with the Card plugged in, Computer does not boot, No Display on the Moniter.
- If I connect My LCD to the Geforce Graphic card, Computer boots up but It gets restarted.

I don't know what to do,
The card is not getting proper Power supply or what, I have 250v power supply.

Any suggestion would be apprecited.

found two GPU which which fit your requirements. ATI Radeon X1550 512MB and nVidia 7300GT 512MB. Both around 4K. Since you want AGP i mentioned only 512MB GPU's. There are some 256MB GPU's available also. But at this time they are of no use.

Best thing... try for an upgrade!!!

Hey Thanks for the Reply,

I have found Zebronics Geforce FX 5500 , It installed but now my Comptuer restarts as soon as i get the desktop.

- Once I connect my LCD into the inbuilt VGA port with the Card plugged in, Computer does not boot, No Display on the Moniter.
- If I connect My LCD to the Geforce Graphic card, Computer boots up but It gets restarted.

I don't know what to do,
The card is not getting proper Power supply or what, I have 250v power supply.

Any suggestion would be apprecited.

Last edited:
OP
S

speedrider_100

Broken In
Got it resolved myself.

Unplugged RAM Sticks , swapped them, was able to boot , card installed. :)

Thanks anyways! Thread can be closed as Resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom