Graphic Card Problem

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I own a pavilion dv4-5009tx laptop with a Nvidia GT-630M 2GB DDR3 graphic card.. I'm not very pleased:cry: with the fps it is giving in games such as max Payne 3 and MW3 at medium settings..

Is there any guaranteed way of improving the gaming experience or should i go for overclocking the graphic card:shock:?? I don't have much idea about overclocking, so should be taken as the last resort..

Note- I have already encountered heating problem twice and got my fan replaced..:cry:

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
GT 630M is a mediocre card and should not be mistaken for an actual gaming card.. moreover, its a laptop version.. so even less performance than a desktop one..
Id strongly recommend you do not try overclocking it, since laptop overclocks can sometimes cause irreversible damage..
I cant imagine you cant play MW3 at high @ 1366x768 considering, even a Intel HD 3000 provides good framerates at that resolution @ high
Try using Razer Gamebooster, and disabling antialiasing

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
had tried the 1366x768 resolution with the anti-aliasing on but the fps was coming around 12 and the game was lagging a bit.. Later on the laptop started heating up so preferred the 1280x760 resolution..

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, install the latest Nvidia Mobile Driver available for your GPU. Most people use the Driver comes pre-installed with the laptop.
2ndly, while playing games, switch to High Performance Power Mode from Control Manager. Most of the Laptop normally use either Balanced or Power Saving profile which might cause a GPU bottleneck as CPU Speed and utilizations are restricted on those power mode.

There seems to be issue with hp laptops. I myself own radeon 7670 on g6-2005ax which is little better than 630gt. Still my condition is far more worse. Got only 15 fps in amazing spiderman. Whereas a hd 3000 intel got 35fps. :(

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
dont even think of OCing lappy gpu/cpu. the lappy is a nimble thing. treat it so. and try Cilus's method.

Cilus

laborare est orare
guys, try what I have mentioned. Just to test, I used the Power Saving Power Mode with my FX-8350 while playing MOW-Warfighter and the FPS dropped to 19 to 25 FPS from my average 55 to 60 FPS with everything set to high. In Power saving mode, Bulldozer of Piledriver based AMD CPUs operate on 1.4 GHz speed and in case of Laptop A8-4500M, it must be lower. Also it restricts the CPU utilization to 60 to 80% at max, resulting huge Bottleneck for the GPU.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
i play on High Performance only.. even tried the Turbo mode on the Game Booster but there wasn't any effect on the fps..:cry:

Top Bottom