MSI Z68A-GD55(B3) @ 8.5k
Gkill Ripjaws X 8Gb Cl9 1600MHZ 1.5V @ 3.35k
MSI HD6950 TFIII@ 15.8k
Corsair TX650V2 @5.1k
Cm 690II plus@ 5.1k
Seagate 1TB @ 2.7k
ASUS 22x DVD RW @ 1k
DELL ST2220L @ 8.6
but today i read on the digit forums that sapphire has launched radeon hd 6950 toxic edition which is faster than any 6950 yet.so should i change my MSI HD6950 TFIII with this card?is it really faster?in how much time will it be available in stores in delhi?thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ 1st of all that version of HD 6950 is not going to be available in India anytime sooner. 2ndly there are lots of complains against the design of the card as Saphhire has used a cooler more like the reference cooler rather than their speical Toxic cooler.
Now Twin Frozr III is also highly overclocked and believe me Twin Frozr III VRM design and cooler is one of the best custom cooler in the GPU market. It keeps the card almost 20 degree C cooler than the reference model in load and due to its advanced VRM design it can be further overclocked in a large extent over the factory overclock. So just get it with your eyes closed.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually Sapphire is using this cooler for their 6970 cards, and going by the 1 8pin and 1 6pin PCI-e connectors in this card, it looks like Sapphire has simply used a 6970 PCB for this 6950. Heck, it's dual BIOS switch at 2nd position actually can unlock the additional shaders to turn it into a fully fledged 6970. Check the Kitguru review for this. Even if it doesn't, because of the presence of the 8pin/6pin connectors (and dual BIOS), slapping a 6970 BIOS in this card would be relatively trouble-free. And cooling-wise 78C at full load for a 6950 running at this speed is pretty good.

But all these are stuffs of future as far as our country is concerned, presently there's no match for the MSI TFIII. Also it's cooler is much better than the Sapphire Toxic one.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is already having some confusion on the monitor in a separate thread. ;)

jatin17

Broken In
go for MSI GPU ..

also consider cooler master 550W PSU, it has better efficiency !

anyway excellent choice mate cheers !

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which CoolerMaster 550W is better than Corsair TX650? :shock:

Don't know about one!!!

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@all, We all make mistakes and we learn from them.. We are not hardware geeks by birth..:-? are we?

Though the OP has decided on TX650V2, did jatin17 said cooler master 550W > TX650V2 ??

also consider cooler master 550W PSU, it has better efficiency !

@jatin17, cooler master Extreme power plus & GX series do not have good build quality.. Kindly check some reviews..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanks Megamind for taking initiative. We're here to help and share our knowledge and also learn from others, not to mock others for their lack of knowledge in some area. So better to help others to understand properly rather than just mocking them. This case may happen to all of you and tell me if someone just start laughing at you guys will it be okay for you?

Top Bottom