Grab this folder locker[its freeware]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log_net2

Broken In
Some of you may heard it.Probably some may not.

This is for me the best folder locker i've seen (better than folder lock etc)

and the best part is that its freeware ;)

Review by yourself:My rating is 5/5.

*www.fspro.net/folder-lock-box/

jal_desai

In the zone
i use RAR Archive and make it password protected to hide my secret files... :D
however let me give this one a try...

OP
Log_net2

Log_net2

Broken In
i use RAR Archive and make it password protected to hide my secret files... :D
however let me give this one a try...

lol using RAR:D

you wont be disappointed.

you can have your secret folder (all your confidential files go there)at any partition; password protected it.thats it.

also be aware that some antispyware like spyware doctor will see as hidden files and will warned you (you actually hide it).Always unlock when you scan your machine.Its free from any kind of malwares,spyware etc AFAIK.:smile:

axxo

99.9% Idle
Thanks for sharing this useful software. It would be great if there exist some explorer extension for this software to protect folder(s) on the fly

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Some of you may heard it.Probably some may not.

This is for me the best folder locker i've seen (better than folder lock etc)

and the best part is that its freeware ;)

Review by yourself:My rating is 5/5.

*www.fspro.net/folder-lock-box/

Hmmm..the UI looks good & user friendly :D

But I have one question...suppose the locked folder is D: drive(XP is in C ).if by chance u have 2 format ur system...& u cudnt get any chance to unlock dat folder
can u be able 2 unlock the same folder after installing XP & the software ? :confused:

OP
Log_net2

Log_net2

Broken In
nice 1 ..... bt if something goes wrong with softy then call all ur data a BIG "ALVIDA" ........

its better hiding in folders .........

i dont think so ; wht the software doing is that it just hide that folder when you uninstalled it you can see the folder.If the softy becomes corrupt you might need or else might not need to re-installed it (never corrupt so far).
hiding in folders is not what i like its easy with this one.

Hmmm..the UI looks good & user friendly :D

But I have one question...suppose the locked folder is D: drive(XP is in C ).if by chance u have 2 format ur system...& u cudnt get any chance to unlock dat folder
can u be able 2 unlock the same folder after installing XP & the software ? :confused:

when the software is gone; your folder is visible.For worst case scenario never forget your password.

OP
Log_net2

Log_net2

Broken In
i dont think so ; wht the software doing is that it just hide that folder when you uninstalled it you can see the folder.If the softy becomes corrupt you might need or else might not need to re-installed it (never corrupt so far).
hiding in folders is not what i like its easy with this one.

when the software is gone; your folder is visible.For worst case scenario never forget your password.

this is what i wrote; please read it again to make my point clear:p

R u sure abt dat ??? :confused:

You are talking about formatting c drive; lets take another case to make my point clear.

Suppose for worst case scenario the software is corrupt; you cannot used it;two cases may arrive, you may be able to uninstalled it or not able to uninstalled it

1)if you are able to uninstalled (even when corrupt)it then there will be no problem.the uninstaller will asked you the password and uninstalled it; then your folder will be visible.

2)if you cannot uninstalled it using uninstaller.You just delete the installation folder (lockbox) ; make sure you killed flockbox.exe process through task manager.then reinstalled the software again.All will be fine as before.

in the second case why you cannot see your secret folder coz (flockbox software folder is deleted )its still in the registry.if you know all the registry responsible for hiding you secret folder (it aint easy)just delete all those registry and there will be no need for re-installing the software.

when formatting c drive; all are wipe out (including the registry).So your folder in other drive will be visible.

never forget your password:D

no frd , u r wrong ........

if you are pointing to me; no i am right:D see above

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
ThanQ Log_net2 for posting this useful s/w.

Did anyone try this method? Simple,Perfect,Free & Easy!

How to Lock and Hide Folders in Windows Without Additional Software?

Link: *www.lytebyte.com/2007/06/25/how-to-lock-and-hide-folders-in-windows-without-additional-software/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom