gpu + psu under 11k

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
I'LL be buying the stuff in 2-3 weeks..

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Cooler master extreme power + 500w.. will buy a new psu along with the gpu..

2. What is your budget?
Ans:11k max non stretchable(for gpu + psu)..

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: i am not a hardcore gamer.. the games like batman arkham city and assasins creed revelations should be playable with good fps at 720p resolution.. i do have a full hd 1080p monitor..

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: in my siggy..

Please try not to overshoot the budget.. and do suggest me a good psu in the same given budget(i.e: 11k).. i am thinking of getting either seasonic sII 520w or corsair gs 600, whichever is cheaper or readily available..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seasonic sII 520w -> 3800
Gigabyte 7770 -> 8300 or MSI/Sapphire 6850 -> 8500
Total -> 12100/12300

Over your budget, but worth it.

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
prices of gpu from where?? smc??

psu decided: corsair gs 600(from nehru place) for around 4k.. will get it this weekend..

money left:7k

now which gpu would fit in??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: i am not a hardcore gamer.. the games like batman arkham city and assasins creed revelations should be playable with good fps at 720p resolution.. i do have a full hd 1080p monitor..

you own a 1080p monitor and want to game at 720p :-?

get MSI HD6850 Cyclone + Corsair CX430W @ ~11k (check SMC & Flipkart).

i suggested HD6850 cause it is faster than HD7770 which is slightly cheaper but is also slower. So unless you want to postpone your GPU purchase for another month or more, don't go for HD7770 or any 7 series GPU.

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
then i'll have to delay my gpu a bit to fit in the 6850.. getting psu this week because my mom would not allow me to spend 11k at once.. :p so psu this week.. can cx430w handle mild cpu OC'ing?? i was thinking about it now that i have cm evo.... thats why i was thinking of getting a gs600..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes it can. mild oc won't increase power consumption in a big way. and as hd6850 (or hd7770 for lower power) doesn't have steep power requirement, go for cx430.

Top Bottom