dhruv94

Broken In
Rig
Asus Sabertooth p67
Intel i5 2500k
Sapphire radeon HD6850
2x4gb gskill RAM
2x1tb Seagate barracuda HDDs

Till about 2 days back, i used 2 displays on a regular basis.
Samsung syncmaster sa300/sa350 (dvi) and Samsung LED TV 32(HDMI)

Yesterday, both my displays stopped working with the rig. None of them are recognizing the input. The HDMI cable I'm using with my TV is perfectly alright since my set top box is still displaying content. Just to be sure I also tried another display with my setup. No luck.

Apart from that, windows is booting normally and I can access it with the remote desktop app for android. Everything there is normal.

Inside the rig, the POSTs are normal and the GPU led on the motherboard stays off after the tests. Also the GPU fan is working normally. The catalyst control center(accessed through remote desktop) is showing 0% activity, however functions such as manual fan control are working.

Please help me solve this. I cannot buy a new GPU at this point of time so fixing this is very important for me.

Thanks

OP
D

dhruv94

Broken In
Hmm

As of now I do not have access to another rig to check my GPU. (College hols are on so everyone's at home )

Anything else I can do as of now?

Is there any place in Delhi which can fix loose connectors on GPUs (my guess is that there's a loose connection. It doesn't seem like anything fried up upon physical inspection). I guess Nehru place might be a good place but I need someone to recommend a reliable place there.

You can remove the graphic card and try using the IGP. If the display works, it means there is a problem with GPU. Resetting the graphic card may also work.

OP
D

dhruv94

Broken In
What exactly do you mean by resetting the graphic card?

I have already removed the card and cleaned it thoroughly with compressed air after this problem occurred, to no effect.

OP
D

dhruv94

Broken In
Cooler master gx 450.
Tried with a cm 500w PSU too.
Nothing.

Anyways now that its almost certain that my GPU itself is the only problem, my question is...

Can it be fixed(in Nehru place, maybe) or do I have no other option but to buy a new one?

saswat23

Human Spambot
so, the GPU is out of warranty.
Try local shops once. or go to Aditya Infotech and ask 'em for a paid service.

Top Bottom