Gpu not dectecting

ashintomson

Journeyman
today while i was playing some videos suddenly my monitor screen turned off and after some seconds it came on and a message popped up saying nvidia drivers stopped responding i often gets this message so i googled some fix and i found a utube clip abt that issue and i did it like he told in d video *www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kqo777iZo and i downloaded latest drivers and i was installing it monitor turned to black screen and when it came back my resolution of monitor went 1280*1024 (actual resolution was 1920X1080 ) and i noticed that nvidia settings are gone from pc. then i tried to reinstall drivers but driver installation failed always saying video hardware not detected ... when i restarted the pc a mssg popped up saying vga hardware installed :O i donno wtf happned .. i dont have a hhd to back up my files for a format :| guys please help ....(gpu is working i re installed gpu but nothing helped )

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try clearing CMOS and plugging GPU again else as you have onboard Intel HD graphics, backup C drive's data to some other drive and reinstall Windows.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Download and Install Driversweeper - uninstall all the traces of nvidia display driver using this - reboot and try to install latest nvidia display driver.

Top Bottom