GPU NEWS Channel

vkl

Cyborg Agent
The Radeon R9 290 has dropped from its $399 price to $299, while its more powerful brother, the R9 290X drops from $549 to $399, a drop of $150. The R9 285 has also dropped to $229 or so, while the 280X is down to around $269. The new price cuts are effective immediately, with Newegg and Amazon prices being adjusted already.

AMD begins slashing the prices of its Radeon R9 290, R9 290X GPUs

vkl

Cyborg Agent
AMD not cutting price of Radeon R9 290 and R9 290X GPUs - Graphics - News - HEXUS.net
AMD Radeon R9 290(X) Price Drops Are Promotions From AIBs

So no official price cuts from AMD yet,partners running their own promotional scheme as per the info in the links.

petergriffin

I Am A Potato Enthusiast
Gigabyte Builds First Mini-ITX GTX 970 Graphics Card

Gigabyte Builds First Mini-ITX GTX 970 Graphics Card

Gigabyte is the first company to make a Mini-ITX variant of a GTX 970, and it looks very well made.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I wish they released it here a little earlier. I could use it in my mini build :( MSI's card is damn sexy, but the big ass heat pipes are reaching out to the edge of the windowed side panel and touching it. Nothing to worry though, but gigabyte should really revamp their styling in the cards, became boring over time and they never ever changed.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good news for AMD GPU owners:-

AMD unveils major GPU driver update, Catalyst Omega - TechSpot

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Nvidia GTX 960, many are complaining its not something revolutionary. Well it shouldn't be, and wasn't promised to be as well.

Reviews and perf-per-dollar and price-per-watt wise, its a no-brainer over R9285, the one its intended and purposed to compete with.

KFA2 GeForce GTX 960 EXOC review - Introduction

ASUS GTX 960 STRIX OC 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

Palit GTX 960 Super JetStream 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

MSI GTX 960 Gaming OC 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

*www.techspot.com/review/948-geforce-gtx-960-sli-performance/

*www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-960-g1-gaming-review,1.html

*www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6927/zotac-geforce-gtx-960-amp-edition-video-card-review/index.html

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes ofcourse, nvidia hasn announced it yet but they shd come within 2-3 months

Anyway the price tag for 960 is totally not justified.. there should be a drop in price because the GTX 760 beats the 960 in many tests

quicky008

Technomancer
Yes ofcourse, nvidia hasn announced it yet but they shd come within 2-3 months

Anyway the price tag for 960 is totally not justified.. there should be a drop in price because the GTX 760 beats the 960 in many tests

Hmmm,it would be great if they launched a gtx 950/950ti type gpu(priced within 10-12k) soon to replace their 750 series of cards,which is considered by some to be one of the best options in VFM segment.As you've aptly said,the performance of the gtx 960 isn't good enough to justify its steep price tag and therefore I'm somewhat disappointed with it.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Investigating the GTX 970: Does Nvidia?s GPU have a memory problem? | ExtremeTech

NVIDIA-Discloses-Full-Memory-Structure-and-Limitations-GTX-970

Don't know it it's correct section to post it or not, but I just called golcha it, and they simply told me that Asus r9 290 DCIIOC 4GD5 (which was previously available at 22k there) is simply not available, they quoted me 30k for it, looks like gtx 970 is now ultimate heavyweight champion here, coz no contender is left to compete , anyone else know where r9 290 can be found at 22k or less?

Top Bottom