GPU NEWS Channel

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Nearly 49k for GTX 980. Cheaper than Primeabgb by 5k I guess.
Why is shipping not a viable option when they offer International returns.

Well it will take 15-20 days to reach,possibly more if it gets stuck in customs.
Patchy warranty support.
The courier guy might deliver your GPU to some random wrong address
Credit Card only.Foreign sites don't support Indian Debit cards or CoD
International returns are painful.Most likely the fine print reads "shipping for returns to newegg will be paid by you"
Risk of Damage to shipment/GPU.

Whereas at Lamington road you can bargain with the guy at Prime for a 1-2k discount or you can check with some other store there

Also the truth isn't as simple as "OMG GOVENMUNT SUCH EVIL MUCH TAXES" there are other factors like importers cut,manufacturers cut,retailers cut and a bunch of other middlemen's cuts *greed* involved

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well it will take 15-20 days to reach,possibly more if it gets stuck in customs.
Patchy warranty support.
International returns are painful.Most likely the fine print reads "shipping for returns to newegg will be paid by you"

Whereas at Lamington road you can bargain with the guy at Prime for a 1-2k discount or you can check with some other store there

Also the truth isn't as simple as "OMG GOVENMUNT SUCH EVIL MUCH TAXES" there are other factors like importers cut,manufacturers cut,retailers cut and a bunch of other middlemen's cuts *greed* involved

I guess you have never imported anything.
Such things rarely occur. I have been importing things since January and almost every month. No such thing has ever occurred. Shipments reach me within a week.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I guess you have never imported anything.
Such things rarely occur. I have been importing things since January and almost every month. No such thing has ever occurred. Shipments reach me within a week.

Are you willing to take responsibility if something *does* happen?Also newegg has *just* started shipping to India.And srsly how many people use cc's in India.
1 week?From the US? :rolleyes: K.

amjath

Human Spambot
Newegg is not selling anything to India, they only listed products. When you click add to cart it says my country is not eligible. Its the US newegg showing prices in Indian Currency with current currency rate

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Are you willing to take responsibility if something *does* happen?Also newegg has *just* started shipping to India.And srsly how many people use cc's in India.
1 week?From the US? :rolleyes: K.

you are right,Yes he will have to take responsibility if something happens to that card, which in case if was brought from India wdnt matter, reality.

but this

Patchy warranty support.

...is such bulls#it man, and you damn well know it!

and this

we dont care about what happens behind the stage of this drama, what we get in India for nvidia cards (specially..i have seen AMD cards with equally fair prices compared to newegg) is fking unbelievably stupid high price, so its obvious that people are frustrated and choosing to import, what happens mostly is guy gets his card right, and plays games happily for a time after which the warranty expires anyway.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
even i want to sell out my 280x and add cash to buy 970 now, amd has crappy card, crappy drivers and crappy bugs(artifacts) too much power consumtion..............

You! You may have got yourself a bad piece of electronic work, that never ever applies to AMD having their drivers, tech or hardware attributed to crap. Also you knew about the power consumption before buying right. Why all the gripe man, calm down, there always will be better tech for less money, or at least that how it was when you bought it, its a good card, it will last long.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
you are right,Yes he will have to take responsibility if something happens to that card, which in case if was brought from India wdnt matter, reality.

That part is BullSh!t too imo. You can't make someone take responsibility over an internet forum. :lol:
It's like - I take full responsibility, if anything happens to your card during shipping, you will only pay. :lol:

tkin

Back to school!!
I had made on oath to myself, I'll never again pay more than ~25k for a gpu, better to keep it under 20k, so 970 better comes below 25k, else I'll just keep my 280x for another year. I'd yet to see any game max it out properly, and no, the cr@p port watchdogs do not count. Watch dogs suffers from massive memory leak(~6GB usage at peak), max vram usage is <2.5GB.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ oh ho, that game freaked me out when it came out without any patches, but The Worse did amazing things with it, still a horribly optimized game, but insanely beautiful, have you tried Dead Rising 3 Bad PC port edition :lol:

oh..here's something odd

Microsoft DirectX 11.3 Revealed - The Feature Set of DX12 Minus the CPU Overhead Reduction

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
You! You may have got yourself a bad piece of electronic work, that never ever applies to AMD having their drivers, tech or hardware attributed to crap. Also you knew about the power consumption before buying right. Why all the gripe man, calm down, there always will be better tech for less money, or at least that how it was when you bought it, its a good card, it will last long.

dude my friend has a gtx 780 in dota and in some other games i can really see quality difference even in maxed out setting .........

also i talked to those people they said it happens on high temps, wtf does that mean?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

but this

...is such bulls#it man, and you damn well know it!

and this

we dont care about what happens behind the stage of this drama, what we get in India for nvidia cards (specially..i have seen AMD cards with equally fair prices compared to newegg) is fking unbelievably stupid high price, so its obvious that people are frustrated and choosing to import, what happens mostly is guy gets his card right, and plays games happily for a time after which the warranty expires anyway.

I was outlining the possible risks.......
Wait,you mean to say that such things don't happen?
Also my Credit Card only point is still valid.i'd bet most people on this forum dont have a credit card.
And the fact that for "international returns" you have to pay shipping
And "i recieve my shipment in 1 week" is bullsh!t.Amazon US site says it takes 10-15 days for the shipment to reach w/ standard delivery.
Did you even read all my points?
Basically what do you mean is that everyone should import? :/

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
dude my friend has a gtx 780 in dota and in some other games i can really see quality difference even in maxed out setting .........

also i talked to those people they said it happens on high temps, wtf does that mean?

Overheating causes artifacts.thats what they mean
You didnt open your gpu up and put it back together did you? You should replace tim if you ever do that
Or you could have a defective gpu

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
That part is BullSh!t too imo. You can't make someone take responsibility over an internet forum. :lol:
It's like - I take full responsibility, if anything happens to your card during shipping, you will only pay. :lol:

That was rhetorical. -_-
You make it seem that importing is foolproof and nothing can go wrong.
Just because nothing went wrong while you imported your 2-3 whatever products does not mean that everyone wont run into problems while importing

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
That was rhetorical. -_-
You make it seem that importing is foolproof and nothing can go wrong.
Just because nothing went wrong while you imported your 2-3 whatever products does not mean that everyone wont run into problems while importing

I have imported not 2, not 3 but 10 times this year. Things include one GPU, one PSU, lotta books, a Thermal Paste, cell phone accessories, a graphing calculator and many other things I don't remember.
Nothing has ever gone wrong. Amazon delivers shipments much before actual delivery time.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that still capped at 30 fps?

Cap can be removed but poor scaling on SLI, flickering and sudden FPS drops etc.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ oh ho, that game freaked me out when it came out without any patches, but The Worse did amazing things with it, still a horribly optimized game, but insanely beautiful, have you tried Dead Rising 3 Bad PC port edition :lol:

oh..here's something odd

Microsoft DirectX 11.3 Revealed - The Feature Set of DX12 Minus the CPU Overhead Reduction
I was like wtf, Skyrim was open world, it never consumed that much RAM, 6GB is insane.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
As expected :
NVIDIA Kills the GTX 780 Ti, GTX 780, GTX 770, Cuts GTX 760 Pricing | techPowerUp

amjath

Human Spambot
25-Sept-2014
World was watching AMD, all they did is release R9 285 and 2 firepro cards in India. WoW.

Any good deals for GTX 970, I so wanted to get it

vkl

Cyborg Agent
The Radeon R9 290 has dropped from its $399 price to $299, while its more powerful brother, the R9 290X drops from $549 to $399, a drop of $150. The R9 285 has also dropped to $229 or so, while the 280X is down to around $269. The new price cuts are effective immediately, with Newegg and Amazon prices being adjusted already.

AMD begins slashing the prices of its Radeon R9 290, R9 290X GPUs

Top Bottom