Gpu- Guyz Please Help Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamitp

Broken In
i have msi nvidia 6600 gt heres the pic:
*www.3dnews.ru/documents/12529/MSI6600GT-front.jpg
now the gpu fan got burnt so i have replaced iy with a 80mm fan stuck it on top. it keeps around 55 deg w/o load but while playing it goes above 100,
can anyone gimme a better way to keep temp low during load?
i am a bit short on money.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
You can try and get a third party GPU cooler but they are not easily available in India and of course they dont come cheap. I got mine for around 45$ from the US through a friend of mine.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
iamitp said:
i have msi nvidia 6600 gt heres the pic:
*www.3dnews.ru/documents/12529/MSI6600GT-front.jpg
now the gpu fan got burnt so i have replaced iy with a 80mm fan stuck it on top. it keeps around 55 deg w/o load but while playing it goes above 100,
can anyone gimme a better way to keep temp low during load?
i am a bit short on money.

80mm should do a good job,anyways reapplication of thermal paste and directing as much air as possible from the 80mm on the heatsink should improve performance of the cooler.

OP
I

iamitp

Broken In
it does exactly that
but whne i play warhammer 40k,mark of chaos with evrything on the temp goest to 117 degrees.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
iamitp said:
it does exactly that
but whne i play warhammer 40k,mark of chaos with evrything on the temp goest to 117 degrees.

I suspect bad thermal interface,reapplying thermal paste shud work.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
But whatever you do, just sticking an 80mm fan over the heatsink wont be enough. It wont cool efficiently. I guess the only option is to use a replacement heatsink/fan combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom