GPU for around 14k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then few people come and post, "Hardocp - only AMD wins..they use such settings...take with a truck load of pepper." Their main motive is to give you the right picture in their own way. They try to use the latest stable driver when they review a card and only pit it against alternative cards in the same price slot while re-running benchmarks again.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then few people come and post, "Hardocp - only AMD wins..they use such settings...take with a truck load of pepper." Their main motive is to give you the right picture in their own way. They use the latest stable driver when they review a card and only pit it against alternative cards in the same price slot, re-running benchmarks again.

I agree with you. For me, HardOCP provides the whole picture whereas rest just use some presets. Some sites are even posting benckmark figures on Cat 11.4 or earlier Forceware drivers this month. This is laughable. And HardOCP's approach of testing just 2-3 cards at a time is also practical IMO. Hardware Heaven is another site which is somewhat similar in approach to HardOCP. Although they don't give finer details of highest playable settings.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cat 11.4 is fine. My simple point is, first you say "take reviews of XYZ with a pinch of salt as they are biased." Then you post a review in which the reviewer only used the latest driver for benchmarking the card being reviewed. For other competing cards, he simply used the old benchmarks. I don't see Hardocp doing this.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't think using older drivers is wise, but the rest of what you have said is right.

btw, we are now in the 15th page. 15 pages worth of a 14k card!!! :sigh:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I submitted my above post, I've come across this: Introduction - GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti OC Video Card Review | [H]ard|OCP

Posted yesterday. Latest drivers. ForceWare 275.33 and Catalyst 11.6.

PS: I haven't started reading the review yet.

don't think using older drivers is wise, but the rest of what you have said is right.

btw, we are now in the 15th page. 15 pages worth of a 14k card!!! :sigh:
Rs. 10 for every post in this thread. Jaskanwar would have been able to get a GTX 570. ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have already posted pics of the Gigabyte review at this thread yesterday.

PS: Just checked, Intel Sandy Bridge Discussion is at 12th page now and has been stalled since 26 May. Guess, Jas' GPU is the flavor of the season. ;)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i dont think so. 275.33 is latest WHQL driver (latest - 275.50 beta)
NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search :wink:

Yes the test setup that hardocp was using had 275.33 drivers installed and dragon age II had stability problems. It was a driver issue and hardocp guys admitted this.

Btw, jas our forum member mukherjee got his msi gtx 560 hawk. Why don't you ask him? Check the latest purchase section.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes the test setup that hardocp was using had 275.33 drivers installed and dragon age II had stability problems. It was a driver issue and hardocp guys admitted this.

Btw, jas our forum member mukherjee got his msi gtx 560 hawk. Why don't you ask him? Check the latest purchase section.

Important Note: Due to a stability problem that occurs with NVIDIA’s GeForce driver package version 275.33 WHQL, where the game would lock up within the first 20 seconds of starting the testing procedure, we lowered the Graphics Detail from Very High to High. Lowering this setting also took away our option to enable Diffusion Depth of Field and High Quality Blur but allowed us to play with no issues.

buddy msi unavailable at smc. so i have thought to get 6950 1gb. it will allow me to buy led fans too :-D and performing nicely ;-)

what you all say?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

buddy msi unavailable at smc. so i have thought to get 6950 1gb. it will allow me to buy led fans too :-D and performing nicely ;-)

what you all say?

Ask mukherjee from where did he buy. Try checking locally as well.

Else settle for the sapphire cause there's no other option. 6950 is a pretty powerful card at stock. You don't have to overclock it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mukherjee get it from MD Computers, Kolkata. Guess Kolkata is improving as far as hardware are concerned. ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
Mukherjee get it from MD Computers, Kolkata. Guess Kolkata is improving as far as hardware are concerned. ;)
Mukherjee's card is imported by Topnotch Infotronics, aka Zebronics, SMC being child company of Acro keeps the cards that are imported by them only. So no go with SMC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
i dont think so. 275.33 is latest WHQL driver (latest - 275.50 beta)
NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search :wink:

why so?
actually if you see that review 560 hawk is beating a stock 6950 by 2-3 fps in games like crysis, BC2. in metro its equal. so 6950 will easily inch past when overclocked.
you can compare with this too. just 50mhz oced 6950 -
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC review

the reason i choose 560 hawk was tfIII cooler and physx. but no news of availability with smc.

so i think 6950 1gb will do fine.

as no msi available. i think 6950 1gb and those xtra flo.

So you are getting a HD6950 1GB and it's done decision now ;-)

what you all say?

decided. but waiting for your all's opinion :grin:

how is this -
Blue LED Silent Fan 120mm - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
as compared to Xtra flo?

You got my vote to go with HD6950 ( as there's no GTX560 Ti of youir choice on SMC ) and I'm using those CM 120mm 90CFM Blue LED fans and they are strongly recommended product by me ;-)

hows this -
*mediahome.in/index.php?page=shop.p...ategory_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80
?

I remember one of our forum member ( ithehappy if I can reacll correctly ) bought those and after a few days he sell off those - might the loud jet engine like sound made him doing this so you better get some othr alternatives like mentioned on the previous post ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom