GPU for around 14k

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchi84

In the zone
Congratulations Jas :D

Welcome to the red team, lol. (not flame baiting, please)

Enjoy gaming for the moment. The benchies can wait for some time..

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Congratulations Jas :D

Welcome to the red team, lol. (not flame baiting, please)

Enjoy gaming for the moment. The benchies can wait for some time..

thanks for welcome. :grin:

-------------------------------------------------

HERE ARE PICS -

*img26.imageshack.us/img26/2017/p7200002.jpg
*img20.imageshack.us/img20/1764/p7200011.jpg
*img42.imageshack.us/img42/2084/p7200010.jpg
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/1453/p7200009.jpg
*img703.imageshack.us/img703/6381/p7200008.jpg
*img30.imageshack.us/img30/2438/p7200001q.jpg
*img200.imageshack.us/img200/8853/p7200005x.jpg
*img844.imageshack.us/img844/1276/p7200006.jpg

A notice to all those who said sapphire had lower oc potential, it will reach 90c on ocing -
i decided to experiment with fan profile and set it to 80% :-D and after playing crysis 2 and dirt 3 the temp was 56C, yes you read it right its 56 on load at stock settings. the noise was not interfering in my gameplay. i thoroughly enjoyed it. it was tearing apart through games.
and i will surely post afterburner screenies but day after tomorrow due to some work.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the current temps at Amritsar? 56C at load, even I am surprised. :shock:

OC potential of this card is good without comparing with anything. Achieving TFIII clocks is a cakewalk and at least in my case almost no effect on load temps. So the cooler must be no slouch either.

Congos again. Waiting for the screens. :))

rchi84

In the zone
Good to hear Jas.

I don't notice the fans when I play, but then again, I play with the headset on :)

In afterburner, play with a profile that roughly corresponds to the temperature. So, for e.g., I set my profile to run at 40% in the 40s, 50% in the 50s, 60% in the 60s and 70% in the 70s, and 100% thereafter.

Apart from Kombustor, in most games, I barely break into upper 60s, on 6970 clocks, so your card seems to be a good batch. What clocks are you running it on?

And a tip, if I may. You don't have to OC the memory as I've found it to barely make a 1-3 Fps difference. GPU Oc offers a much more substantial return..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
your previous avatar :grin:

Got it. ;)

Good to hear Jas.

I don't notice the fans when I play, but then again, I play with the headset on :)

In afterburner, play with a profile that roughly corresponds to the temperature. So, for e.g., I set my profile to run at 40% in the 40s, 50% in the 50s, 60% in the 60s and 70% in the 70s, and 100% thereafter.

Apart from Kombustor, in most games, I barely break into upper 60s, on 6970 clocks, so your card seems to be a good batch. What clocks are you running it on?

And a tip, if I may. You don't have to OC the memory as I've found it to barely make a 1-3 Fps difference. GPU Oc offers a much more substantial return..

In my case up to 70% no problem, but after that its definitely audible. But this is with room fan off and no audio. With fan on, the noise hardly matters. Looks like I need to play with my fan speed settings. Will check in the evening.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Jas - nice pics buddy - now some comments on the pics ;-)

The babe on 3D logo with a sword looks more good than the one with a knife ;-)
Damn! why there's sticker with MRP of 19900 - even on may 11 it was not that much pricey !
Nice to see the gfx card with all the accessories and that cards looks great on your hand ;-)

BTW, 56C under load is cool ( what's the ambient there now ) and the big question - are you planning to OC this gaming babe - looking at the pics I can't say it's a beast ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom