GPU for 1024 x 768 resolution ?

hari11

Broken In
I want to buy a gpu and will run it for 1year maximum...So suggest a good GPU which can play new games like MW3 without any prob with that resolution.

Here are my current specs :

17" CRT (1024 x 768 )
amd athlon x3 445 rana 3.1 ghz
2x2gb 1333mhz RAM
asus m4n68t-m le v2 mobo
250w psu

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You need to change your '250Watt PSU' before you can change the GPU.
Also do mention your budget.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Get a Sapphire HD 5670 along with a Fsp Saga II 400w as your current power supply is too less for this GPU.

OP
H

hari11

Broken In
@op please post your budget first, so that our members can give you accurate suggestion

There is no limit to budget for gpu.I just need a good gpu for that resolution to play games at max settings but not an overkill gpu..

How about the local psu for that card? Will it be any problem?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@hari11 just go for components I mentioned in my earlier post. Will cost you a bit less than Rs.8000 total.

SunE

Professional Newbie
You mentioned you'll run it for 1 year maximum. Now the question is after this period of a year, will you give up PC gaming or buy a new better PC?
If no more games for you, then buy what thetechfreak suggested.
If you'll be buying a new PC then get something of the likes of HD 7850 and upwards with Seasonic S12-ii 520 or Corsair GS600. While this might be overkill for your current config, it'll be very essential for a future build. So rather than wasting money buying the same stuff twice, get the better stuff from the beginning. I suggest this as you mentioned budget is no concern for you.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
How about the local psu for that card? Will it be any problem?

You can't run any Graphics card with your existing 250Watt PSU.
As you don't have any budget, a good suggestion from me would be an upgradation to full-HD monitor at the beginning and then change the GPU & SMPS.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Guys budget unlimited means that he doesn't know how much will a good graphics card cost him suitabe to his requirements.

No need to recommend an HD7850 for gaming at 1024x768 however future proof is it gonna be. Its simply a stupid decision to buy that card and the result will be an unbalanced rig with loads of bottlenecks.

Here is what you should get for a medium budget -
An HD6850 + Corsair CX430v2 costing a total of around 11k

For something under low budget -
HD6770 + Corsair CX430v2 totaling around 7.3k

These combos will serve your purpose well and you can easily game at 1024x768 for coming 1 year.

If you plan to upgrade to an HD monitor later, you will be better off with the first combo I suggested.

Top Bottom