GPU Cooler

arian29

In the zone
Ok, so I want to buy a cooler for my ati radeon 7750 OC since it reaches extremely high temps on load (90-100c) with stock fan.

Please suggest :)

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Ok, so I want to buy a cooler for my ati radeon 7750 OC since it reaches extremely high temps on load (90-100c) with stock fan.

Please suggest :)

no need for an aftermarket cooler, just uninstall the heatsink, clean the fan and re-apply thermal paste.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Whats a reference model ?
dsc1806v.jpg

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The reference GPUs are based on the company's(amd,nvidia) standard specification for that product without any modification. Non-reference are usually modified by companies (asus, sapphire,msi etc) for different design, custom cooling, etc etc.

Google it for better explanation.

I can see an exhaust at the rear, but do you have an intake fan at the front ?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Try these simple steps:
1. Update the latest drivers.
2. Try keeping ur cabinet open(side panels).
3. If these doesn't work then check ur GPU fan speed & try increasing it with MSI Afterburner.

I believe this 'll sort out the problem.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
this might be the fact that the Card itself is defective?? .. cause the temperature is too high

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
The card is fine, The heating only happens if i play games in high or more settings. I did keep the side panel , to test and the temperatures were around 70 while playing NFS Most wanted in full setting. The fan makes very bad noise as if its a radiator fan of a car. Normally the temperature stays at around 30 - 35.
The card: Sapphire 7750 OC

Ya, it was 70-75 with side panel off.. but even that is not a good temperate.. or is it ?
70 C at load is okay IMO. But temp's rise like would-be stock market as soon as cover is on, so better air circulation is the only way IMO. Mention your cabinet model so I can suggest a fan setup.

Well, the correct fan orientation is already mentioned on the link you've posted. Are you already having that orientation or are you missing some fans?

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
I was thinking of getting this >> BitFenix Spectre Blue LED 120 mm Cooler - BitFenix: Flipkart.com

@gta0gagan its an OC version..

Top Bottom