GOT MY NEW PC!. should i change the cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooki

Broken In
hey i finally decided to get my comp. specs are

intel core2duo e4500
intel DG31PR chipset (super for mac os)
2 GB ram
XFX 8600gt 512 mb
2x160 gb SATA HDD
samsung SATA dvd burner
zebronics marco cabinet (really sleek one)
IBM 500w PSU

im runnin dreamscene with vista ultimate and when i multi task tghe cpu usage shoots up to almost 80-90 % when lots of apps are running.
the pc is only 3 days old. i dont wanna do any upgrades for atleast 3 years and i dont plan on overclocking.

should i get the q6600 instead? cuz its better at multi tasking. its gonna cost about 5500 more, but my dealer is willing to exchange my old cpu cuz its only 3 days old. he takes it for 4.7k and gives the quad for 10.3k
should i return the e4500 for the q6600? is it worth the extra money, or do i wait 2 years. if i need to exchange, i need to do it fast or else he will buy it for 2nd hand.

thanks

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
YEAS....change it dude..but no need of quad..just waste now.....

get a C2D....thats better...

oohh 3 years ..go for quad core IF u Desire...i wont say need coz u dont....
OK kooki..;)

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
should i get the q6600 instead? cuz its better at multi tasking. its gonna cost about 5500 more, but my dealer is willing to exchange my old cpu cuz its only 3 days old. he takes it for 4.7k and gives the quad for 10.3k
should i return the e4500 for the q6600? is it worth the extra money, or do i wait 2 years. if i need to exchange, i need to do it fast or else he will buy it for 2nd hand.

thanks

You can definitely opt for a Q6600 or a Q6700 as both received a huge price cut, especially Q6700 price is 50% less now!

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@kooki
Just because dreamscene is running and system is slowing down doesn't need a cpu change. I had dreamscene running with vista ultimate...........my config being E4300, 4GB ram, 7950GT etc.

My cpu usage barely got above 20%, just disable unwanted services and seriously you do you really need dreamscene to be running. Its a waste of cpu cycle anyways.

But if you want a quad core for the sake of it then do exchange your proccy.

BTW, what applications do you use?

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
since you dont want to upgrade for three years...i suggest you exchange for the Q6600 at least...

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I simply disagree. If you do not want to upgrade PC for the next 3 years, I suggest you for Q9300 as it supports 1333 MHz rather than choosing Q6600 which supports only 1066 MHz FSB.

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
my budget is really tight. q6600 would push it, cant go any more. my usage aint really that high as i have mentioned in previous topics... but i also never realised that my multi tasking pushed the cpu to those limits. it does not slow the system or anything. but if the q6600 would handle it all... i wont change for atleast 2 years.

H

HellFragger

If possible get a faster HDD /SSD ! I always see people pushing around with CPUs and GPUs ...the bottleneck is always the HDD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom