Got my N900 ! <<pics and impressions>>

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hey Desiibond why this sudden change in attitude towards N900. Going through some of your earlier posts,here on the N900 at one point of time you never liked it right ? For its Bulk, For its dated features which according to you now all the smart phones offer, infact they offer better...Like HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy-S. So why this sudden change in opinion and interest in buying the N900. Dont get me wrong here..But makes me curious to find out. So what do you think after the 3rd Update is the Phone now better? Even I do own this phone so makes me think how come the biggest critic of this phone has become its fanboy !! :razz:

hmm. there is not much difference in my opinion on this pone. I still won't recommend this phone to everyone who has 25k budget. I recently helped my friend get N8 instead of N900 coz he is more of a casual multimedia user than a geek. And when he initially saw my N900, he thought he should've taken N900 but after using it for few minutes, he felt that N8 is a better choice for him. Same is the result for anyone who are not geeky to know the phone's actual use.

Now, my earlier phone was Legend. I bought that thinking that it is geeky but unfortunately not. The ROM development for that phone is really really slow and HTC has released only one update in a year and we have no clue on when Froyo is going to be on the phone. So, I needed a phone that is loved by modding community. I had three phones in my mind. N900, HD2 and SGS. I picked N900 for one reason. MeeGo and debian! HD2 is very good (tried my friend's) but it's not a phone for someone like me who has short fingers. I am not able to reach the top leftcorner of display or some of the area on left side of the phone. And SGS is an awesome phone but I wanted to try a different OS this time.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys, has anyone tried to install Firefox beta 4 on N900. I tried couple of times and it's getting hung at "preparing for installation, please wait" step.

Kvishal

In the zone
Guys, has anyone tried to install Firefox beta 4 on N900. I tried couple of times and it's getting hung at "preparing for installation, please wait" step.

Have you been able to download it ? It is way too sluggish, takes time to load pages. Too slow at the moment. I use Opera Mini as my second Browser !!

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I have tried it once. It downloaded without hitch from app manager. It was way too slow and buggy. I removed it within minutes. The bundled browser which too is based on Mozilla engine is the best.

Anirvann

Broken In
whats the scene with PR 1.3 guys ! i finally updated it yesterday and responsiveness seems to have improved substantially... for you as well ? what other changes did you feel ?

Ethereal

Broken In
I noticed that my phone gets properly detected in the Ovi Suite and syncs effectively , that alone makes it a worthwhile update. Seems more snappy ofcourse.

GERMZ

Banned
I think the browser is improved quite a bit , even the changelog had mentioned a new browser engine so i think that is quite useful.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
btw, I installed Global 1.3 firmware last weekend (for skype)

*wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware#Updating_or_re-flashing_the_firmware_using_the_Flasher

The procedure was damn easy to do on a Ubuntu. Didn't work on win7 x64 and RHEL5 x64.

Kvishal

In the zone
Hey Guys,

have any of you guys Overclocked your N900 to a higher figure. What is the Max Figure you guys have overclocked your unit to. Any problems after Overclocking it ?

Anirvann

Broken In
Hey Guys,

have any of you guys Overclocked your N900 to a higher figure. What is the Max Figure you guys have overclocked your unit to. Any problems after Overclocking it ?

I overclocked it before updating. Now on PR 1.3 , its fast enough as it is. I don't feel the need for it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My n900 is now running Gingerbread. I hope someone gets a way to make use of phone stack and give option to make phone calls. :)

Top Bottom