Got my N900 ! <<pics and impressions>>

Kvishal

In the zone
All you N900 owners, can any of you guys put some screenshots of how the Push Email looks in the N900, screenshots like how does it look when you receive a new mail, how does the screen look when you open a email. Same is the case with IM.

Would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Anirvann

Broken In
Any idea if it is possible to create an encrypted password protection database on the N900 ? I would like to carry some important passwords but am afraid that someone might be able to open it...

GERMZ

Banned
Yes, Password safe is an application which does exactly that. It creates a blowfish compatible password database which will encrypt all your data.

Kvishal

In the zone
I dont know if any of you guys know this but there is again a another Firmware Update of the N900 due called the PR 1.3. It should be available for all the N900 users to update later this Month. Lets see what it brings more to the N900.

I guess a lof things happening this Month end even Android 2.2 slated to hit the Samsung Galaxy later this Month. So someone thinking of buying any of these phones. Real Need to wait and see how are things turning out.

GERMZ

Banned
Yes i've heard about PR1.3

Lets see what kind of updates it brings. I'm quite excited about this new firmware update.. Should be interesting regarding what kind of new features are added to it !

Kvishal

In the zone
There are no new features that are going to be added to it. It is a update which would be mostly bug fixes on the existing features. So You will not see anything new in terms of new features. There are about 15 Major Bugs that they have found and it would be largely fix of those Bugs, thats it nothing more !

Empirial

Youngling
Anybody tried installing FM Radio app in Nokia N900? Also, it supports Stereo FM or Mono like Galaxy S? BTW is it possible to increase screen brightness?

Last edited:

Kvishal

In the zone
No PR 1.3 till date.... Any idea y???

It is close now...Coming for sure !! 100%

Whats in store...

you can easily dual boot between Maemo and Meego on your N900. There is also a possibility of developing applications supporting both operating systems, based on Qt and Qt Mobility APIs on the Maemo side

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
It is close now...Coming for sure !! 100%

Whats in store...

you can easily dual boot between Maemo and Meego on your N900. There is also a possibility of developing applications supporting both operating systems, based on Qt and Qt Mobility APIs on the Maemo side
I am currently dual booting android 2.2. Any chance of triple booting all 3 OSs. That would be freaking awesome. Also I got a tweet from a meego developer and according to him Meego port as of now is in pre alpha stage. Highly unstable!

Kvishal

In the zone
I am currently dual booting android 2.2. Any chance of triple booting all 3 OSs. That would be freaking awesome. Also I got a tweet from a meego developer and according to him Meego port as of now is in pre alpha stage. Highly unstable!

Yes it is not advised to port Meego tIll there is a official confirmation in the form of PR 1.3, It could be potentially risky at this moment. I think some guys have already booted the N900 with Android 2.2.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys, If anyone is trying to sell their N900, please let me know. It's highly unlike to part with this mobile, but still... :)

Kvishal

In the zone
Guys, If anyone is trying to sell their N900, please let me know. It's highly unlike to part with this mobile, but still... :)

Hey Desiibond why this sudden change in attitude towards N900. Going through some of your earlier posts,here on the N900 at one point of time you never liked it right ? For its Bulk, For its dated features which according to you now all the smart phones offer, infact they offer better...Like HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy-S. So why this sudden change in opinion and interest in buying the N900. Dont get me wrong here..But makes me curious to find out. So what do you think after the 3rd Update is the Phone now better? Even I do own this phone so makes me think how come the biggest critic of this phone has become its fanboy !! :razz:

Top Bottom