Got my hands on Lollipop and I am loving it....

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Not in my minutes of using it. Will post my experiences after experimenting with it.
But I also experienced a minor lag in the launcher. Like it didn't feel responsive enough. More on this later.

$hadow

Geek in making
Launcher response time has increased as far as I can see in the 2012 N7 which my friend is having. May be an update is on the way to fix this issue.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh okay, So I guess, I will wait for OTA as I don't wanna brick my tab.
Its the only tab that I have

Lol. I didn't brick my tab. :lol:
But it's a good decision to wait for OTA nevertheless. However you can't use an Android device to its true potential unless you root it and stuff. :)

Gollum

Collector
Lol. I didn't brick my tab. :lol:
But it's a good decision to wait for OTA nevertheless. However you can't use an Android device to its true potential unless you root it and stuff. :)

Naah, I use it for basic stuff and it works just fine.
My rule, done mess with it unless its broken.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Just make sure you have backed up your images/videos/any-app-data(if you didn't synced them with Google) before flashing.

ratul

█████████████████
i also clean flashed my nexus 5 with factory images this weekend, wifi bug still present, GSam Battery Monitor showed 9% Wifi battery use overnight while wifi was disabled, had to turn off "Scanning always available" to fix that, flashed TWRP 2.8.1.0 with SuperSU 2.16 and ElementalX 2.03, though while adb pushing all my data back to sd card from recovery, permissions messed up and data wasn't readable in the OS, known bug in TWRP i suppose, fixed it by flashing a permission fix zip, rest is good, seldom app crashes and some app incompatibility issues, although Google Fit seems to be a battery hog.. :p

My overall opinion, same as it was when first developer preview was launched, didn't liked the app drawer on white, battery isn't that much improved compared to KK as it was described in Google I/O (same for me), Camera is slow (takes a split second after it focusses to click the pic, bug was not there on KK), and overall UI seems much slower than KK due to longer animations (have reduced every animation to .5 in developer options, still feels less fluid than KK), the best thing for me, notifications on lock screen. :razz: (though i miss the lock screen widgets), still feels more like an unfinished product.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ That's not true. I am using LP for last couple of days and I am not having any such issues mentioned by [MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION]. One more thing, battery last a little bit longer than KK. charged it yesterday morning and now it is standing at 19%. With occasional calls, frequent mails/messages and some videos, I am getting such battery life. May be something was messed up during flashing for [MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION].

$hadow

Geek in making
^^ yeah may be true. Damm I am not having my Nexus 5 it is sucking big time since the moment I saw it running on my friend N5

Top Bottom