got 7.5k which phone ?

clmlbx

Technomancer
well I am looking forward to Nokia 5230 ? any other phones I should look for

How to use gps? what is procedure to activate it or so and what is damage

Empirial

Youngling
Well Nokia 5230 is now discountinued so you're left with either Nokia 5233 for 6.8k (No 3G but has GPS) or Nokia 5235 worth 8.5k (Has both 3G & GPS). You can also look at LG Cookie Pep for 7.2k as it looks better, has 3MP camera, smoother UI but lacks 3G & GPS. You'll need an active GPRS Connection for using GPS in both Nokia 5233, 5235.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
hey I know 5235 does not have front camera but video calling is possible or not (1 Way)..I heard something about locked it from firmware..

And How will A-gps Work ? What will I need to activate this service (like internet or yearly fee or so)..If yearly then How much it will cost ?

azzu

AJJU
^ go for Nokia 5230 its still available in market AFAIK
and as of GPS iam usin it and its really awesome ( reception hinders in indoors and Cloudy days)

u gotta have active Gprs on ur phone to use nokia Ovi maps though it takes little data (its not a data intensive app)
and u can also use GPS without internet ,, like u fill in exact co-ordinates of the location u want to go , it"ll work as a compass ,
and also when going on a trip start gps and u"ll max speed , avg speed , total distance traveled will be recorded.
Its pretty much moore than usefull mate :)

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ 5230 has problems ..as I heard .. 5235 is better with a difference of 1200 ..

5230 earphones are not good. 5235 comes with very good earphone (even 5230 was good I would have bought earphones separately ) 5235 has better display and camera (technically) and many noticed the difference. it comes with data cable and 2gb card (card is useless for me) so I finalized 5235 is gr8 to buy .. All done by R&d so if any has personal experience pls share it

and for that GPS If I use it without Internet it will work with no charge at all ?

and pls answer this

I know 5235 does not have front camera but video calling is possible or not (1 Way)..I heard something about Nokia locked it from firmware..

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
only difference b\w 5230 and 5235 is that 5235 has video calling support(useless without front cam) and it comes with a year free song download voucher from ovi store(but you have to install ovi player first on your pc..... rest all is same.... no change in camera quality or any other hardware....

sughreev

Broken In
I also got the unlimited songs download voucher with this phone, now I can download songs from ovi music store, there are up to 4 million songs.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
GPS works without any charges, I was also surprised when I came to know of it. But once you use it and get to know how unreliable it is, you'd know that nobody will pay for such a service anyways, so it's got to be free.

crapface

Broken In
congrats ,what is the price of 5235? n' of 5230? how the two differs?

Nokia 5235 is for Rs. 8700; n 5230 are for Rs. 7600... There are few differences between these phones, you can do video calling with nokia 5235, and get a better headphone (WH-701) with nokia 5235, 2GB memory card and data cable along with this phone... Also Nokia 5235 comes with Ovi music unlimited that means you can download unlimited music for 12 months from ovi music store, there you can find your favourite songs over 4 million...

sughreev

Broken In
i just downloaded some songs from ovi music store its really easy to search and download speed is very fast... using my home broadband connection... also its easy to keep your tracks on mobile, no need to edit the album art and other things, i download songs with full information about artist, singer etc. so its easy to remind to me.

crapface

Broken In
if you want to use on multiple pc's or cyber cafe so you need to download ovi player cyber cafe client... its just a 5MB file easy to download and install, after that if you want to download music from ovi music store, with very easy registration process, then you able to download music at any cyber cafe...its easy and secure....just remember your user name and password....

Top Bottom