Google StreetView Coming to Delhi??

monkey

Padawan
Yesterday my mom informed me that some guys from Google had visited our residential area (in Pitampura) for photographs of our apartments. Does it mean StreetView is coming to Delhi?

Can anybody from Delhi confirm if Google guys have visited their area too?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes.. For mapping the streets, Google sends their street view cars with a mounted panoramic camera which has the ability to take snaps in complete 360° direction.
If the news of Google street view cars visiting Delhi is true then I guess Google is about to face some opposition from authorities when they try to map the streets leading to parliament!

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Lets hope it actually starts and completes successfully !
Dont want the cops to chuck google's car off the road !! Like they did to google's car while they were doing the same project in bangalore !

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Cycle ricks! They had em long ago
Started in blore
Not gonna happen, the roads and ntire villges Change every year

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
For streetview, people come and photograph?? :O

I wasn't at home when this happened so couldn't verify how they did it. My mom hardly knows anything about Google Earth and stuff so she didn't ask much. My mom is RWA president and that's why Google guys had to take her permission for photography in our colony. That's how I came to know about this event.

Cycle ricks! They had em long ago
Started in blore
Not gonna happen, the roads and ntire villges Change every year

Google Street View comes to India - Times Of India

Edit : Google denies Street View project in India | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

Edit2 : Updated: Who Owns This Strange Looking Car? - MediaNama

CloudS

Broken In
Yes.. For mapping the streets, Google sends their street view cars with a mounted panoramic camera which has the ability to take snaps in complete 360° direction.
If the news of Google street view cars visiting Delhi is true then I guess Google is about to face some opposition from authorities when they try to map the streets leading to parliament!

yes but sending people to houses??

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
more than roadblock, mostly the problem is a massive amount of construction in all the areas... blore, mum, del ... metros and flyovers and subways springing up all over the place, and associated satellites ... try any indian navigation app, bound to go wrong on the newly formed one ways and no entries

citation needed

Top Bottom