Google Nexus 7 , my last choice with some confusion :)

daemon

Broken In
Hya folks, After analysing many tablets , I had some final thoughts to purchase Elf 2 but from the day I saw google nexus 7, it's specification and I loved it (price is even so low w.r.t. to hardware specification).

But after exploring it more I came to know that it has only 8 GB (in actual it's 6 GB almost of free memory for user usage and other 2 GB for OS etc) of memory and can't be expanded which broke my heart completely.
I keep almost 1+ GB of ebook, many videos and songs even my samsung wave got 16 GB of memory (SDHC). Now I was thinking I'll bear with such small memory?

I can't expand my budget anymore so that I can go for 16 GB model (it becomes almost 21K+)

What I want to ask should I wait more ?, Google Nexus 7 GB model will have expandalbe memory option sooner in future?

What should I do guyz?

Thanks for suggestion :)

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
if memory is your concern and want a 7 inch tab...then I think galaxy tab 2 is better than Nexus 7....but when it comes to specs and OS....Nexus 7 is the way to go.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Even I think Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is a much smarter choice since it offers lots of things more than the Nexus 7 like 3G connectivity with voice calling, back camera, expandable storage,etc. It also handles intense apps & games(Shadowgun, Dead Space,etc.) easily. Thus going for it is a smarter choice :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
Yes, USB-Host functionality is available in most of the tablets these days. However, that would still require carrying a pen drive and an OTG cable along.

People are speculating that Asus might launch a tablet similar to the Nexus 7, on their own, with the features missing in the Nexus 7. Maybe OP could wait for that.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I have had an on-hands with the Nexus 7...its sleek, beautiful, amazing screen, fluid jellybean OS but with limited storage.

rider

as Kratos
yea! for videos and music plug the pen drive and enjoy. Rest 6 GB is good enough for apps and ebooks.

daksh

Journeyman
I own the Nexus 7 16gb and it is amazing. I was worried about the limited storage hence got the 16gb version. A relative of mine was flying back hence could get it for 250$ ! Go for the nexus over tab 2 as all future updates will come to it on the day of release and it already ships with Jelly Bean :D
I dont think a back camera is required in a tab, front is required for video calling and it is there.

rider

as Kratos
I own the Nexus 7 16gb and it is amazing. I was worried about the limited storage hence got the 16gb version. A relative of mine was flying back hence could get it for 250$ ! Go for the nexus over tab 2 as all future updates will come to it on the day of release and it already ships with Jelly Bean :D
I dont think a back camera is required in a tab, front is required for video calling and it is there.
cool, man! how is the overall performance? And what issues you faced? Is it capable of of USB-to-go? Please tell, I'm also planning to buy 8GB model.
And yes back cam on tab is of no sense, no one do photography with a tab.

Top Bottom